Attention, Milford grocery shoppers

Attention, Milford grocery shoppers

There are 31 comments on the Connecticut Post story from Jun 25, 2008, titled Attention, Milford grocery shoppers. In it, Connecticut Post reports that:

The city will soon have both ends of the grocery shopping spectrum covered, with the announcement Wednesday that a Whole Foods Market and Aldi Discount Grocery will open stores here.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Connecticut Post.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Al Dente

United States

#27 Jun 27, 2008
I forgot to add,When is White Castle gonna open in Milford?
kwhitehead

Cos Cob, CT

#28 Jun 27, 2008
Al Dente wrote:
Whole Foods is way overpriced hippy grub.
Organic Foods = brilliant marketing !
do the research !
What sort of "research" did you do?

It probably consisted of nothing more than than realizing you couldn't get organic spaghetti-o's.

Once you reazlized that your mind was made up.
Nick T

Palisades Park, NJ

#29 Jun 30, 2008
I'm from Northern New Jersey and we have Whole Foods stores here and all I'll say is that you'll like it and it's (good) different.
FFer

United States

#30 Jul 1, 2008
A Whole Foods opened near us and I must say at first we were excited. But once we went and saw the prices we went right back to Stop & Shop. I now understand when people call it "Whole Paycheck". Whole Foods is not a place for people on a budget or with a large family to feed, it is not a place to shop regularly. In fact, if you are a careful shopper you can find the same products at better prices other places.
Frank

Rockville, MD

#31 Jul 5, 2008
Try it - You'll like it!
paul

Elizabeth, NJ

#32 Jul 5, 2008
kwhitehead wrote:
Wow, the crackers strike again!
I am very happy to pay more for food that is fresh and organic and raised in more humane conditions.
I expect that local from Shelton and Shortline Cutie will be hustling on over to Aldi. Have fun opening your canned food.
Heh heh...now food stores are politicized? Proves lefties view life through a peculiar, elitist, snobbish prism.

I can only wonder where Walmart's falls in this guys world view.

What a world...
kwhitehead

Cos Cob, CT

#33 Jul 10, 2008
btw: Walmart=Satan, since you were wondering.
Al Dente

United States

#34 Jul 16, 2008
kwhitehead wrote:
<quoted text>
What sort of "research" did you do?
It probably consisted of nothing more than than realizing you couldn't get organic spaghetti-o's.
Once you reazlized that your mind was made up.
HAHAHAHAHA ......Whitehead. I just popped one of those on my butt.
Aldis

Bayonne, NJ

#35 Jul 16, 2008
My mon will freak when she hears this. She goes to one in the south and loves their prices. I will have to check it out.
NYr in CT

New York, NY

#37 Aug 27, 2008
kwhitehead wrote:
btw: Walmart=Satan, since you were wondering.
Hey KWHITEHEAD -- Are you a communist? Do you flop around in tye-die t-shirts and still living in the 60's smoking dope or whatever it is you losers do? Hmmm....lots of bitterness there. What happened in your childhood? Are you okay?
sans

New Haven, CT

#38 Feb 1, 2009
the point is whole foods is an option, it carries products that have some better food value. They sell bulk food grains and nuts, rice and such. They practice sustainability, and support local farms/suppliers. It's not a hippy mecca, it's an option to get good REAL food.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wallingford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
attorney needed to collect from attorney Robert... (Jul '09) Oct 18 USS LIBERTY 3
News New Haven, Bridgeport To Submit Joint Bid for S... Oct 13 America Gentleman... 1
News Bridgeport receives $125K grant to fight youth ... Oct 3 BPT 4
Missing Oct 1 Nicoleamaro 1
News FBI at Carabetta Office Building on Center and ... (Jun '11) Sep 26 losingbattlewithc... 23
Review: CT Krav Maga & MMA (May '16) Sep '17 Jonathan montero 13
Whats up doc? Cheshire CT Murders (Jul '07) Sep '17 Joyinthemorn 602

Wallingford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wallingford Mortgages