Attention, Milford grocery shoppers

There are 31 comments on the Connecticut Post story from Jun 25, 2008, titled Attention, Milford grocery shoppers. In it, Connecticut Post reports that:

The city will soon have both ends of the grocery shopping spectrum covered, with the announcement Wednesday that a Whole Foods Market and Aldi Discount Grocery will open stores here.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Connecticut Post.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ShoreLineCutie

West Haven, CT

#1 Jun 26, 2008
Holy Cow, do we honestly need another grocery store?????
bichonlady

Brookfield, CT

#2 Jun 26, 2008
Whole foods is nothing like the overpriced for poor products Stop & Shop. It will be a welcome addition to have some good natural foods available in the area
Miranda Writes

AOL

#3 Jun 26, 2008
What are you talking about?

What other grocery store?
Donna

Boston, MA

#7 Jun 26, 2008
I love whole foods as much as you can love a grocery store, the food is fresh, and the variety is nothing like a chain grocery store.
ShoreLineCutie

West Haven, CT

#8 Jun 26, 2008
Donna wrote:
I love whole foods as much as you can love a grocery store, the food is fresh, and the variety is nothing like a chain grocery store.
Is Whole Foods anything like Trader Joe's?
Donna

Boston, MA

#9 Jun 26, 2008
Yes it has similarities, but it has alot of fresh hot food stations, when you want a fresh hot meal but don't have time to cook, all different ethnicities, it also has a great fish counter.
ShoreLineCutie

West Haven, CT

#10 Jun 26, 2008
Interesting. Will have to give it try when it does open.
local

Freeport, ME

#11 Jun 26, 2008
everyone has failed to mention one key factor. Add 25% to the cost over everything in these stores compared to similar products at a conventional grocery store..

Funny that doesn't seem to bother anybody. Milford needs another grocery store like it needed the Mall to turn into a eye sore- its embarrassing
Miranda Writes

AOL

#12 Jun 26, 2008
Where is it located?
Donna

Boston, MA

#13 Jun 26, 2008
local wrote:
everyone has failed to mention one key factor. Add 25% to the cost over everything in these stores compared to similar products at a conventional grocery store..
Funny that doesn't seem to bother anybody. Milford needs another grocery store like it needed the Mall to turn into a eye sore- its embarrassing
You don't have to shop there if you don't want to, I have no problem paying for quality, Whole foods does not carry all the "commercial foods" so I don't see the comparison.
It would be like comparing Scribners Resturant to Long John Silvers, they are not in the same league.

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#14 Jun 26, 2008
Miranda Writes wrote:
Where is it located?
It's going to be where Wayside Furniture used to be, on the Post Road across from Dakota's Steak House (although I don't think it's called that anymore, if it's still open), in the new mall area there. Right before you get to Costco. On the same side.
kwhitehead

Greenwich, CT

#15 Jun 26, 2008
Wow, the crackers strike again!

I am very happy to pay more for food that is fresh and organic and raised in more humane conditions.

I expect that local from Shelton and Shortline Cutie will be hustling on over to Aldi. Have fun opening your canned food.
Ex Ct Resident

Ankeny, IA

#16 Jun 26, 2008
You will love Aldi's, When I lived in CT I used to go to the Aldi's located in Torrington, CT. And I was so delighted when I found there was one here in Iowa. Trust me and don't forget to bring your own bags.
So polite

East Rockaway, NY

#17 Jun 26, 2008
"Wow, the crackers strike again!

"I am very happy to pay more for food that is fresh and organic and raised in more humane conditions.

"I expect that local from Shelton and Shortline Cutie will be hustling on over to Aldi. Have fun opening your canned food.

...how nice....
Miranda Writes

AOL

#18 Jun 26, 2008
LynneB wrote:
<quoted text>
It's going to be where Wayside Furniture used to be, on the Post Road across from Dakota's Steak House (although I don't think it's called that anymore, if it's still open), in the new mall area there. Right before you get to Costco. On the same side.
TY!
Chris in Bpt

Glen Cove, NY

#19 Jun 26, 2008
LynneB wrote:
<quoted text>
Take a left off the highway and it's in the 17th strip mall on your left, can't miss it.
local

Redwood City, CA

#22 Jun 26, 2008
Both you and Donna are far more enlightened than those who dare eat of out a can...... My point it is food stores like those are novelities and good for a small portion of your needs. Unless you are so "oh natural" that you do 100% of your shopping at these "quality" stores. In which case I'd call you foolish...
So polite wrote:
"Wow, the crackers strike again!
"I am very happy to pay more for food that is fresh and organic and raised in more humane conditions.
"I expect that local from Shelton and Shortline Cutie will be hustling on over to Aldi. Have fun opening your canned food.
...how nice....
local

Redwood City, CA

#23 Jun 26, 2008
Just one question, is it quality because thats what your told or is it quality because it cost more or is quality because thats what you prefer? You see its all subjective and based on personal prefernce.

Your pompus point of view comes across loud and clear. We get it, your all about quality and the rest of us with Stop and Shop cards are idiots..
Donna wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have to shop there if you don't want to, I have no problem paying for quality, Whole foods does not carry all the "commercial foods" so I don't see the comparison.
It would be like comparing Scribners Resturant to Long John Silvers, they are not in the same league.
Michelle

Bridgeport, CT

#25 Jun 27, 2008
Yes, Whole Foods! Can't wait, and I'm also all about bringing your own reusable bags. This is pretty cool, I'd have to say :)
Al Dente

United States

#26 Jun 27, 2008
Whole Foods is way overpriced hippy grub.
Organic Foods = brilliant marketing !
do the research !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wallingford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Shinaje Watson May 15 User2015 1
Looking for local honey! May 14 Southern Belle 2
Review: Ricci's Home Improvement Co (May '14) May 11 beaten by ricci 6
News Connecticut electrician to appear in 'Shark Tan... May 3 BPT 4
Steve Joseph Of Cheshire, CT Sanofi harassment ... (Feb '13) May 1 jackofalltrades 11
Medicare Advice at no cost to you Apr 21 IWT Medicare 101 1
Review: Altaquip (Nov '09) Apr '15 bac2thebasics 7
More from around the web

Wallingford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]