Haven's Viability Doubted

Haven's Viability Doubted

There are 106 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Dec 6, 2007, titled Haven's Viability Doubted. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

Haven Healthcare CEO Raymond Termini's "siphoning of cash" from his nursing home chain into personal investments - including $5 million he used to buy a yacht and three apartment buildings in Connecticut - is a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
oldman

United States

#102 Dec 11, 2007
The quality of the care in the Haven facilities is what it is because of the front line employees. They have managed to, for the most part, maintain a level of care that is appropriate and sometimes superlative - IN SPITE OF THE MANAGEMENT THEY DEAL WITH. No supplies, no fuel for heat, etc., have nothing to do with the staff in the facilities. Follow the money. Yesterday I noticed in the Courant that Edward Doherty purchased a new home for 2.5 million, that Raymondz purchased the house referred to in the articles as Lake House for 400k+( was it bought from a subsidiary of Haven?).
Bottom line is that public funds were used for private use.
Just as a thought..where did Raymondz learn to use the system...perhaps Roncalli?
We nailed a Govenor for a hot tub and some cabinets and no taxpayer funds were involved. What do we do with the diversion of millions of our dollars?
Outraged

United States

#103 Dec 11, 2007
We Do Care wrote:
Blumenthal & DSS continues to push his political agenda & attempts to save face. Why doesn't he just admit he impulsively over reacted? Why is the Courant continuing to over sensationalized a story that has & continues to be completely one-sided? DPH announces after weeks of visiting & scrutizing ALL the Haven homes, that Haven has no serious care issues! Well how come this news comes to the suprise of our Governor?????????? DPH has responsibly been surveying Haven facilities throughout all these reports that date back 4 years, and have said Haven homes are no worse then others, contrary to the Courant articles, Haven homes have a better track record then most of the others. Compare any other company to it's 4yr track record & 100 million hours of nursing & you will be suprised what you find. The Courant early on portrays litigation cases from ONLY the planiff's views, while never mentioning in their 4yr review of this 2,000 patient chain, ALL of the positive stories...including the 10,000 patients that are discharged safely home annually. Nor, did they mention the 100 million nursing hours that occured during that four year period from dedicated, caring, compassionate care givers, who every day pour their heart & soles into their jobs, assisting the elderly to the best of their ability. Contrary to what you read, over 94% of our families & residents are happy & thrilled to be part of our Haven care system. Nor, did the article go into how common mistakes are when caring for frail medically complex patients over a 100 million hours span of time. Hospitals & other nursing home providers experience similiar problems & challenges. You go & do the research yourselves. Take any nursing home chain, calculate a look back period of 100 million nursing hours, and you will find flaws & some negative outcomes. We do our best every day! For every negative outcome, there are 100 positive outcomes. So please, do not be so hard on those of us that chose a career where we feel we can affect positively the lives of thousands of people per year. We do make a difference & are proud to serve those that are in need.
It is the responsibility of Blumenthal to push his polital agenda, He is for the people and damn proud that he is living up to his job expectations and putting the heat on those "theives" so what if it helps his career to shine the light on this criminal & all of his cronies!!!
Phil from East Hartford

Middletown, RI

#104 Dec 12, 2007
Haven has been running a scam with their vendors for years. "President" Tony Scierca, Termini, and Patrick Kevany are going to get exactly what they deserve. It couldn't happen to a more deserving group.
NEB

Dilley, TX

#105 Dec 12, 2007
As someone with first hand knowledge (limited) of the way this corporation has been doing business for years, and after reading most of the posts here, I will weigh in with my 2 cents. As a vendor rep. who had met personally with Mr. Termini, Tony Scierka, Pat Keaveny, and other higher ups, and had to deal with their borderline criminal way of doing business, I can say that all of this comes as no shock to me at all. Scierka is a bully, who thinks everyone should just do his bidding & sit down and shut up. He's lucky I didn't take him out when I had the opportunity. Keaveny is a p*ssy who just does what he is told, a total yes man. They are all proficient liars, the company I worked for was owed 10's of thousands, and my boss, who was the President of our company was blind to the issue's at hand even after my numerous attempts to enlighten him. Jail is too good for these scum. Sadly, on the other end, I dealt almost daily with the Nursing Directors and their staff's, who were wonderful almost to a fault. Every day, I would have to tell someone that we could not provide service to one of their patients due to the fact that the entire company was on credit hold. All this was going on back in 2002, 2003 so this is not something that is new. Thankfully, most of the DON's that I dealt with were able to jump ship before now. The staff at Farmington alone were some of the nicest, most dedicated professional's I ever dealt with.
TTT

United States

#106 Mar 31, 2010
i often wondered what qualifies a self taught roofer with a 10th grade education to run a multi million dollar company...
Truth

New Britain, CT

#108 Sep 17, 2014
Old partners are back. Rev Doherty took Ray Termini under his wings. Ray is currently working at Roncalli and its affiliate companies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wallingford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: CT Krav Maga & MMA (May '16) Dec 1 Brenda B 9
News Wallingford man dies after being cut by sword (Aug '08) Nov 27 Neighbord hater 103
News DEA, state police crack down on 'outlaw motorcy... (Dec '05) Nov 24 Wideglide 199
Election Who do you support for Governor in Connecticut ... (Oct '10) Nov '16 Daisy1 822
News State child agency pulling wards from Durham sc... (May '07) Oct '16 Shawn burl 45
Review: Altaquip (Nov '09) Oct '16 Folder 8
tag sale Sep '16 globell 4

Wallingford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wallingford Mortgages