NEW BRITAIN: Underage Revelers Cited ...

NEW BRITAIN: Underage Revelers Cited By Police

There are 23 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Feb 21, 2009, titled NEW BRITAIN: Underage Revelers Cited By Police. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

Police broke up a noisy drinking party at 11 p.m. Thursday in an off-campus apartment near Cental Connecticut State University, ticketing 30 people for underage drinking and other violations.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Happy Taxpayer

Morris, CT

#1 Feb 21, 2009
Thank you Chief Gagliardi for contributing to this report - it's nice to see NBPD taking the lead and getting the message out that bad behavior by students won't be tolerated anymore.

It's good to see CCSU and NB police work together, issue citations and report results. Please keep up the good work - party season is just around the corner.
ARREST DODD

United States

#2 Feb 21, 2009
Maybe CCSU should allow drinking on campus so the college can keep a better eye on these parties.
renaldo

Willimantic, CT

#3 Feb 21, 2009
Good for the police--it is about time that these little punks, thugs and hoodwinks get the heat down their necks...these 17 year old think drinking is "trendy" and try to beat each other in drinking games...When I was 18 and the drinking age was 18, we drank beer, had pizza, and sat around and enjoyed friends company..what has happened to that.??? Today, it seems its hip to see who gets really bombed first.. I don't get it...
HateWayDrug

Hartford, CT

#4 Feb 21, 2009
renaldo wrote:
...When I was 18 and the drinking age was 18, we drank beer, had pizza, and sat around and enjoyed friends company......
save it renaldo, becuase that sounds pathetic
ricbee

Enfield, CT

#5 Feb 21, 2009
Underage drinking should be discouraged & a ticket & maybe picking up litter,wearing a little yellow vest will make them think about doing it again.
Confused

AOL

#6 Feb 22, 2009
"Underage drinking is a big problem. These kids can drive while drunk, be subject to sexual assault and have any number of other bad things happen to them," Gagliardi said.

Isn't EVERYONE subject to all of the above?? Underage or not?? What a stupid comment.
been there too

Hebron, CT

#7 Feb 22, 2009
ah... whatever happened to a little under-age fun? Everyone has grown so
up-tight.
ricbee

Ellington, CT

#8 Feb 23, 2009
been there too wrote:
ah... whatever happened to a little under-age fun? Everyone has grown so
up-tight.
For sure....
bangtastic

Storrs Mansfield, CT

#9 Feb 25, 2009
I think that those kids should be spanked.
ABC

New York, NY

#10 Feb 25, 2009
Hello my name is ABC and I live in the apartment that was busted on Thursday. I agree with anyone who disagrees with this article. "Confused" is correct, EVERYONE is subject to the above, underage or not. This really lit a fire under my as* when I read the article. Secondly, maybe if they changed the drinking age to 18 again, we would indeed sit around, drink a few beers and eat some pizza, instead of hidding and getting completely smashed because we are afraid of the cops. Thirdly, has anyone heard of the Amyethist Initiative? If not read up on it, its quite interesting. Last but not least, this one is for the New Britain cops who still haven't met their quota after busting me and 29 of my friends: You are ruining good students' lives who just want to have fun. We do not drive drunk, we walk back to our apartments or dorms. NOONE gets raped. You just feel special after handing out a ticket to 30 kids who are 1 year under the drinking age. You cost us fines, lawyer fees, our records, all for nothing. Your business should be the streets where murders, drug deals, and real rapes go down, not some "underage revelers" trying to have some fun while in school.
adasdas

New York, NY

#11 Feb 25, 2009
why am i from trumbull ct??
the hartford courant sucks
wasthere

Quincy, MA

#12 Feb 25, 2009
ricbee wrote:
Underage drinking should be discouraged & a ticket & maybe picking up litter,wearing a little yellow vest will make them think about doing it again.
how about you think back when YOU were younger, dont act like you were a perfect little saint.
if you ever went to college at all YOU would know how stressful it is!
why should we be treated as adults in every way but not have the choice to be responsible drinkers?
there are just as many adults who get DUI's and abuse this right, maybe if we were allowed to drink... college students wouldn't feel the need to abuse alcohol.
dfjkdf

New Haven, CT

#13 Feb 25, 2009
renaldo wrote:
Good for the police--it is about time that these little punks, thugs and hoodwinks get the heat down their necks...these 17 year old think drinking is "trendy" and try to beat each other in drinking games...When I was 18 and the drinking age was 18, we drank beer, had pizza, and sat around and enjoyed friends company..what has happened to that.??? Today, it seems its hip to see who gets really bombed first.. I don't get it...
Actually, first of all, it wasn't 17 year olds thinking it was, im sorry, trendy? to get drunk, it was twenty year olds who are in college and wanted to have a good time with a few drinks and friends. Second of all, you say what happened to sitting around having a few drinks at 18? The law not allowing it to be legal anymore. Who can blame college kids who have large amounts of stress on them to earn their degrees and pass their classes if they want to have a couple drinks on a weekend night. Nobody drives drunk, everybody walks back, no harm done. This is just another case of the police focusing on being assholes rather than stopping real crimes like girls getting abducted at Central right from their own school parking lots.
booze bag

Shelton, CT

#14 Feb 25, 2009
"Underage drinking is a big problem. These kids can drive while drunk, be subject to sexual assault and have any number of other bad things happen to them," Gagliardi said.

Being at this party and recieving a ticket, let me fill in the details that the article did not. The reason the police came to the party was because the owners of the apartment did not let in a certain few kids because they were the "punks". Is that responsible? I think so. Those kids who were sent home called the police on the party to get their revenge on them. The party was not noisy, music was not even playing!!!!

Now for the police, they think they are the smart ones coming in and busting up some underage drinking party and most of the kids were 19+. The reality of this is that they give 30 drunk kids tickets and then send them home. Most of these kids planned on staying over which is the responsible thing to do. Why would they encourage putting 30 kids on the road?
The Deans Office

United States

#15 Feb 26, 2009
Jack Miller rocks at beer pong.
Rick

Ellington, CT

#16 Feb 26, 2009
booze bag wrote:
"Underage drinking is a big problem. These kids can drive while drunk, be subject to sexual assault and have any number of other bad things happen to them," Gagliardi said.
Being at this party and recieving a ticket, let me fill in the details that the article did not. The reason the police came to the party was because the owners of the apartment did not let in a certain few kids because they were the "punks". Is that responsible? I think so. Those kids who were sent home called the police on the party to get their revenge on them. The party was not noisy, music was not even playing!!!!
Now for the police, they think they are the smart ones coming in and busting up some underage drinking party and most of the kids were 19+. The reality of this is that they give 30 drunk kids tickets and then send them home. Most of these kids planned on staying over which is the responsible thing to do. Why would they encourage putting 30 kids on the road?
Because they are cops and they can do whatever they want. Any other questions?
ricbee

Old Saybrook, CT

#17 Feb 26, 2009
wasthere wrote:
<quoted text>
how about you think back when YOU were younger, dont act like you were a perfect little saint.
if you ever went to college at all YOU would know how stressful it is!
why should we be treated as adults in every way but not have the choice to be responsible drinkers?
there are just as many adults who get DUI's and abuse this right, maybe if we were allowed to drink... college students wouldn't feel the need to abuse alcohol.
Hey little girl,I did my share & got brought home to my Mommy when caught. I became an alcoholic & almost drank my life away. I just want you children to get something to think about.
ricbee

Old Saybrook, CT

#18 Feb 26, 2009
ABC wrote:
Hello my name is ABC and I live in the apartment that was busted on Thursday. I agree with anyone who disagrees with this article. "Confused" is correct, EVERYONE is subject to the above, underage or not. This really lit a fire under my as* when I read the article. Secondly, maybe if they changed the drinking age to 18 again, we would indeed sit around, drink a few beers and eat some pizza, instead of hidding and getting completely smashed because we are afraid of the cops. Thirdly, has anyone heard of the Amyethist Initiative? If not read up on it, its quite interesting. Last but not least, this one is for the New Britain cops who still haven't met their quota after busting me and 29 of my friends: You are ruining good students' lives who just want to have fun. We do not drive drunk, we walk back to our apartments or dorms. NOONE gets raped. You just feel special after handing out a ticket to 30 kids who are 1 year under the drinking age. You cost us fines, lawyer fees, our records, all for nothing. Your business should be the streets where murders, drug deals, and real rapes go down, not some "underage revelers" trying to have some fun while in school.
Poor "NOONE"....
Its ABC again

New York, NY

#19 Feb 26, 2009
ricbee, you are a piece of sh it alcoholic, shouldnt you be at a alcoholics anonymous meeting?
herewow

New York, NY

#20 Feb 26, 2009
if they are busting all these parties, how will we drink socially...

i guess im gonna havta resort to pills like E and the good buddha

what a shame

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wallingford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: CT Krav Maga & MMA 9 hr cuterissa93 3
Greatest deals in town! Jul 20 OutletbyCO 1
News Clearview Withdraws Application Jul 18 Lulu 1
clearview development Jul 17 Lulu 2
News FBI at Carabetta Office Building on Center and ... (Jun '11) Jul 8 been there 21
Space for sale or lease:commercial zone Jun '16 Nellie 1
Tag sale Jun '16 Howard 1

Wallingford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wallingford Mortgages