Gaston County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

emlu wrote:
How many hours should a person work to earn say.....$550,000.00 Just asking an opinion. Somewhere I think I read that's "middle of the road" pay for today.
$550,000.00 would be a salary position in my world. A salary position in my industry is typically 55 to 60 hours a week at the office and accessible after hours via cell phone is a must.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>The little man getting a bit more cash goes instantly back into the economy. Unlike the cash made by the wealthy. They are notorious for hourding up cash thus stifling the economy.
The little man is the one buying the products being made. It keeps the wheels turning. This is a basic economic truth.
Your ideology is backwards because in order for the little man to earn more, he must spend more. Example; since most businesses operate on small profit margins, in order for the owner to warrant a pay increase, he must raise the price of goods and services. By raising the price, the pay increase is actually a wash for the employer and the employee but the end result is an increased tax revenue for the govt, which is why they push the issue!
In 1960, min wage was $1 and a gallon of milk cost .49. Today min wage is $7.25 and a gallon of milk cost $3.65.
It's all relative!
They wealthy you refer to hoarding money are those corporations that move jobs overseas. Why? Because the labor, the taxes, etc...are cheaper but they must also pay a tariff on the goods that are sold in the U.S.(unless they're made in Canada or Mexico, thanks to NAFTA). Also, they must pay a tax on the money (profits) when it's brought back to the U.S. which is why that money is kept out of our economy. There's a reason there's 602 banks in the Caymans! You want to increase jobs and pay, reduce the tax rate on that money that is brought back and allow those companies to re-invest that money into the economy. For those who choose to bring it back and not invest, hit them with a large enough fine (tax) to where they'll think twice next time!
It's not rocket science!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

emlu wrote:
How many hours should a person work to earn say.....$550,000.00 Just asking an opinion. Somewhere I think I read that's "middle of the road" pay for today.
That depends on the career. The free market dictates what one deserves. Example; a surgeon who saves lives is priceless although he/she may earn $500k a year while working days on end, after 12 years or so of schooling with massive tuition debt but a professional athlete playing football may earn $10M for 24 weeks worth of work, that's $416k a week, after receiving a free ride to college while only attending 3 years of that free ride!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

TSF wrote:
One was. But its the same horse , different saddle because they are all republikans, realtors and contrators. They all fall over themselves giving out money (incentives) claiming they are creating jobs. They play monopoly with the taxpayers money but never show a profit. For instance, they buy property to use as a water source for $1.6 million dollars AND THEN SELL IT FOR $600 THOUSAND DOLLARS. They don't run their own real estate companies like that, so you tell me what is happening.
<quoted text>
Its no different here. The liberal politicians get together and form an investment firm, buy up a bunch of real estate on the cheap, then push legislation to build a road right through their property while the state (taxpayers) pay them top dollar for the property providing them with hefty profits!
Or better yet, they condemn property and buy for pennies on the dollar, use taxpayer money to improve the properties, then sell the property for a profit while using taxpayer money to finance the loans for the private buyers!
Politics at its finest!

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

R.Lee Ermey was fired by Geico for expressing criticism of the president.Free speech? Not a chance.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Its no different here. The liberal politicians get together and form an investment firm, buy up a bunch of real estate on the cheap, then push legislation to build a road right through their property while the state (taxpayers) pay them top dollar for the property providing them with hefty profits!
Or better yet, they condemn property and buy for pennies on the dollar, use taxpayer money to improve the properties, then sell the property for a profit while using taxpayer money to finance the loans for the private buyers!
Politics at its finest!
You seem surprised.Almost every politician I've seen, seems to benefit from being in office.One of the best jobs a person can get these days is as a so called"public servant".The medical insurance is fantastic! The pay is excellent, but the money you can make on the side, is unbelievable! Not to mention the"perks"!!

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Allen wrote:
<quoted text>If you are unwilling to hire these people to help them get off welfare, then you have no dog in this fight and need to shut up.
No company, big or small, ever makes decisions based upon what's in the best interest of the employees. I know you guys don't like it but it truly is about turning a profit so your stakeholders, shareholders and investors are more free with their money to invest and grow the company.

If you truly believe otherwise I have a hole in the dirt in Arizona called the Grand Canyon I'd like to sell you...

Cheap.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you. I wasn't sure if it was up to the employer. So the business owner makes that call. Novel idea.:) Why did I know you would have the answer?
No sweat

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>$550,000.00 would be a salary position in my world. A salary position in my industry is typically 55 to 60 hours a week at the office and accessible after hours via cell phone is a must.
Cell phone, pager, GPS locator and the bat phone...lol

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

waco1909 wrote:
R.Lee Ermey was fired by Geico for expressing criticism of the president.Free speech? Not a chance.
Saw that...craptola

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>Cell phone, pager, GPS locator and the bat phone...lol
Isn't that the truth......I have been found in places when even I didn't know where I was.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Cell phone, pager, GPS locator and the bat phone...lol
The president earns a $400,000 annual salary, along with a $50,000 annual expense account, a $100,000 nontaxable travel account and $19,000 for entertainment
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/President_of_the... Think he earns it?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

emlu wrote:
<quoted text>The president earns a $400,000 annual salary, along with a $50,000 annual expense account, a $100,000 nontaxable travel account and $19,000 for entertainment
Makes you wonder how he can afford a $40M home in Hawaii!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
No company, big or small, ever makes decisions based upon what's in the best interest of the employees. I know you guys don't like it but it truly is about turning a profit so your stakeholders, shareholders and investors are more free with their money to invest and grow the company.
If you truly believe otherwise I have a hole in the dirt in Arizona called the Grand Canyon I'd like to sell you...
Cheap.
Here Here

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

emlu wrote:
<quoted text>The president earns a $400,000 annual salary, along with a $50,000 annual expense account, a $100,000 nontaxable travel account and $19,000 for entertainment
Every penny of it. A-Rod of the New York Yankees will make $10 million this year being on the Disabled List (with 4 more additional years on his contract.) Thinks he earns it? Every President earns every penny of his salary and perks.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Makes you wonder how he can afford a $40M home in Hawaii!!!
...or a huge ranch in Crawford, Texas !!!

“ We are not permanent”

Gaston County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>Every penny of it. A-Rod of the New York Yankees will make $10 million this year being on the Disabled List (with 4 more additional years on his contract.) Thinks he earns it? Every President earns every penny of his salary and perks.
The presidents all earn it while in office but the continued lifetime salary and cost of protection is ridiculous.

“ We are not permanent”

Gaston County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>...or a huge ranch in Crawford, Texas !!!
Bush had the ranch before he was president.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

In 1999, a year before he became President, shortly after earning a $14.3 million profit from the sale of the Texas Rangers, former Texas Governor Bush bought the land for an estimated $1.3 million from the Engelbrecht family. Assisting Bush in arrangements for the purchase was the then Texas Secretary of State Elton Bomer.[2]Prairie Chapel Ranch
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Even though some don't think so...MLB is still a business, in which, Bush invested. Yes, as long as A-Rod wins for the Yanks,:). I can't remember what job that the President held that allows him to purchase a 40 mil. home, I wonder how he'll pay the HOA fees and taxes, almost forgot the club fees. Maybe from the 5 books he has written, earning 550K. 550x8=? That must be a hell of a house payment.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

waco1909 wrote:
Duh, you know GEICO stands for Govt Employees Insurance COmpany, how dare he criticize the very people whom his company originally represented!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Wallburg Discussions

Search the Wallburg Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
buy CHEAP pain med online for sale (Jun '13) Oct '13 tempestt 2
OG Kush, Green Crack, Purple Kush, AK-47, (Jul '13) Jul '13 Bubba Kush 1
Sept. 7 Public Record (Sep '11) Nov '12 whatever 2
Bikers invade Davidson County for Tour de Pig (Oct '10) Oct '10 Big Boy 1
Woman jailed for 17 break-ins (Sep '10) Sep '10 PERRY 2
Store owner faces fraud charges after ordering ... (Jan '10) Jan '10 Dirtrider 1
Family and friends gather for last rites of thr... (Apr '08) Apr '08 family from Syracuse 1
•••
•••
•••
Wallburg Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Wallburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••