TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Because the deficit has actually been reduced over the past 2 years, Obama is planning to hold the deficit at the previous levels by spending the money contained in the reduction. Claiming it will cost nothing isn't exactly the truth because he is calling the reduction savings. IT AINT SO.. The actual DEBT has not declined a single year since Clinton was in office. Notice that both parties talk about deficit reduction and never talk about debt reduction. That is because it wpould be so painful for all, rich and poor, that reducing the debt is now almost politically impossible. But carrying debt and its interest burden makes all of us slaves to the banksters. If the interest ever reaches 50% of tax collections, sheding debt will not just be politically impossible, it will be mathematically impossible. Either something is done about the debt very soon, or we are screwed.
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
Spend Spend Spend...you heard it too?
I heard him say "it will not cost a dime". However under his watch he has increased the national debt by $58.6 trillion dimes.
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

When state legislators and county commissioners give my tax money to millionaires and other special interests, the motivation is usually corruption although often they convince the public and even themselves that they are "creating jobs". Most of the time, those jobs never materialize , the companies close up , throw the taxpayers the keys and deposit the "incentives" in Cayman bank accounts.
When state legislators send back federal money (which was really ours to start with), they are simply being stupid.
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>How can you make the first post then come back with the second? Sounds contradicting to me!
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

One was. But its the same horse , different saddle because they are all republikans, realtors and contrators. They all fall over themselves giving out money (incentives) claiming they are creating jobs. They play monopoly with the taxpayers money but never show a profit. For instance, they buy property to use as a water source for $1.6 million dollars AND THEN SELL IT FOR $600 THOUSAND DOLLARS. They don't run their own real estate companies like that, so you tell me what is happening.
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
We're the same commissioners voted back in?
Allen

Penrose, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

LuLu wrote:
<quoted text>I would love to read that, the Vatican has some of the most priceless artifacts in the world. Hard to imagine bankrupt.
http://www.bishop-accountability.org/bankrupt...

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>Who is asking for them to make the same? Straw man.
Avoid answering a direct question...got it.
Allen

Penrose, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Through food stamps and welfare? Why not cut the middleman, the entitlement taker, and just save what I would if spent paying his or her entitlements by not employing them thus generating more revenue and profits for said company?
http://www.suncoastworkforce.org/employers_in...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

emlu wrote:
BTW people, I have asked a couple times and no answer......WHAT IS "FULL TIME" EMPLOYMENT. Anyone..please.
"How many hours is full-time employment? How many hours is part-time employment?

The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) does not define full-time employment or part-time employment. This is a matter generally to be determined by the employer. Whether an employee is considered full-time or part-time does not change the application of the FLSA."

http://www.dol.gov/elaws/faq/esa/flsa/014.htm

"The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) does not define full-time employment or part-time employment. This is a matter generally to be determined by the employer. Whether an employee is considered full-time or part-time does not change the application of the FLSA, nor does it affect application of the Service Contract Act or Davis-Bacon and Related Acts wage and fringe benefit requirements."

http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/workhours/full-t...

"Full-time employment is employment in which a person works a minimum number of hours defined as such by his/her employer"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full-time

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

emlu wrote:
BTW people, I have asked a couple times and no answer......WHAT IS "FULL TIME" EMPLOYMENT. Anyone..please.
Here is some interesting reading...

"A year and a half after the passage of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, bureaucrats at the IRS and Health and Human Services issued an 18-page report outlining new regulations that will dramatically increase health care costs for small and large businesses alike.
The regulations, written by an IRS attorney, arbitrarily redefine "full time employee" as someone who works 30 hours a week for a business. Traditionally, most private businesses have defined "full time employee" as someone who works 40 hours a week. With this new regulation, the federal government is now removing the right of businesses to define "full time employee" as they deem appropriate for their unique conditions."

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Allen wrote:
"Work Opportunity Tax Credit - This incentive is available to employers hiring welfare recipients and people from other groups, including food stamp recipients and some veterans, vocational rehabilitation clients and people receiving Supplemental Security Income. Employers can earn up to $2,400 per employee in federal income tax credits."

Key word is "can" which means the company could participate in that program...if they wanted too. Not required to.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

TSF wrote:
When state legislators and county commissioners give my tax money to millionaires and other special interests, the motivation is usually corruption although often they convince the public and even themselves that they are "creating jobs". Most of the time, those jobs never materialize , the companies close up , throw the taxpayers the keys and deposit the "incentives" in Cayman bank accounts.
When state legislators send back federal money (which was really ours to start with), they are simply being stupid.
<quoted text>
The first part we agree on and yes, both parties are guilty! Although the taxpayers did vote against the arena referendum, in the end jobs were created, of course, no where near as many jobs as they claimed but that's become the norm.
You call it state legislators sending back money when actually they're paying back the money, something that has to be done sooner or later. Why put off til tomorrow what you can do today? You call it stupid, I call it fiscally responsible.

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

TSF wrote:
<quoted text>One was. But its the same horse , different saddle because they are all republikans, realtors and contrators. They all fall over themselves giving out money (incentives) claiming they are creating jobs. They play monopoly with the taxpayers money but never show a profit. For instance, they buy property to use as a water source for $1.6 million dollars AND THEN SELL IT FOR $600 THOUSAND DOLLARS. They don't run their own real estate companies like that, so you tell me what is happening.
You are describing politicians in general. All of them regardless of part affiliation. This is what I have explained and explained. There is no good guy anymore.

Remember Nancy Pelosi bought stock in initial public offerings (IPOs) that earned hefty returns while she had access to insider information that would have been illegal for an average citizen to trade with. This and actions like this are perfectly legal for elected officials.

Lawmakers have exempted themselves from the laws that govern every other American citizen.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>Obama did not imply forty hours, he said forty hours.
Semantics.....again!
Example #2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't run a business do you?
The cost of the employee is a black and white variable included in the overall cost of the product that is being manufactured. ANY change in that is and always will be passed on to the consumer.
That is an absolute.
Here Here

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the excuse when they don't apply?
LMAO

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
The key is to not live above your means...
Here Here
Allen

Penrose, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
"Work Opportunity Tax Credit - This incentive is available to employers hiring welfare recipients and people from other groups, including food stamp recipients and some veterans, vocational rehabilitation clients and people receiving Supplemental Security Income. Employers can earn up to $2,400 per employee in federal income tax credits."
Key word is "can" which means the company could participate in that program...if they wanted too. Not required to.
If you are unwilling to hire these people to help them get off welfare, then you have no dog in this fight and need to shut up.
Allen

Penrose, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Although the goals of the minimum wage are widely accepted as proper, there is great disagreement as to whether the minimum wage is effective in attaining its goals. From the time of their introduction, minimum wage laws have been highly controversial politically, and have received much less support from economists than from the general public. Despite decades of experience and economic research, debates about the costs and benefits of minimum wages continue today.[The classic exposition of the minimum wage's shortcomings in reducing poverty was provided by George Stigler in 1949:
Employment may fall more than in proportion to the wage increase, thereby reducing overall earnings;
As uncovered sectors of the economy absorb workers released from the covered sectors, the decrease in wages in the uncovered sectors may exceed the increase in wages in the covered ones;
The impact of the minimum wage on family income distribution may be negative unless the fewer but better jobs are allocated to members of needy families rather than to, for example, teenagers from families not in poverty;
Forbidding employers to pay less than a legal minimum is equivalent to forbidding workers to sell their labour for less than the minimum wage. The legal restriction that employers cannot pay less than a legislated wage is equivalent to the legal restriction that workers cannot work at all in the protected sector unless they can find employers willing to hire them at that wagehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wi ki/Minimum_wage
http://www.raisetheminimumwage.com/pages/jobs...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>If you are already paying your employees nine an hour, then no increases needed.
Also, there are other ways to cut costs thus keep prices competitive.
I know you black and white people only think there are only two answers to a situation, but in the real world, there is grey.
Again, you act as if everyone earns min wage.
Most businesses operate on small profit margins, if there are other ways to cut cost, I'm sure they've been explored.
In your world of employee, grey areas probably do exists but in the world of business owners, when dealing with govt regulations, OSHA, the IRS, etc..., its ALL black and white! Try explaining a "grey area" to the IRS or OSHA!
Another fine example of the fact that you've never owned a business.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
"How many hours is full-time employment? How many hours is part-time employment?
The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) does not define full-time employment or part-time employment. This is a matter generally to be determined by the employer. Whether an employee is considered full-time or part-time does not change the application of the FLSA."
http://www.dol.gov/elaws/faq/esa/flsa/014.htm
"The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) does not define full-time employment or part-time employment. This is a matter generally to be determined by the employer. Whether an employee is considered full-time or part-time does not change the application of the FLSA, nor does it affect application of the Service Contract Act or Davis-Bacon and Related Acts wage and fringe benefit requirements."
http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/workhours/full-t...
"Full-time employment is employment in which a person works a minimum number of hours defined as such by his/her employer"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full-time
Thank you. I wasn't sure if it was up to the employer. So the business owner makes that call. Novel idea.:) Why did I know you would have the answer?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

How many hours should a person work to earn say.....$550,000.00 Just asking an opinion. Somewhere I think I read that's "middle of the road" pay for today.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Wallburg Discussions

Search the Wallburg Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
buy CHEAP pain med online for sale (Jun '13) Oct '13 tempestt 2
OG Kush, Green Crack, Purple Kush, AK-47, (Jul '13) Jul '13 Bubba Kush 1
Sept. 7 Public Record (Sep '11) Nov '12 whatever 2
Bikers invade Davidson County for Tour de Pig (Oct '10) Oct '10 Big Boy 1
Woman jailed for 17 break-ins (Sep '10) Sep '10 PERRY 2
Store owner faces fraud charges after ordering ... (Jan '10) Jan '10 Dirtrider 1
Family and friends gather for last rites of thr... (Apr '08) Apr '08 family from Syracuse 1
•••
•••
•••
Wallburg Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Wallburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••