Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Carolina in 2010?

Posted in the Wallburg Forum

Comments (Page 1,675)

Showing posts 33,481 - 33,500 of54,916
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Prohibited airspace is marked with a"P", followed by a number, on aeronautical charts.For instance, the area over Camp David, where the president might be.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
Wrong again. I would NOT call it excessive use of force. I would call it ILLEGAL AND CRIMINAL USE OF FORCE because 1. local LE does not have the authority or jurisdiction to shoot down any aircraft for any reason 2. because the pilot had violated no airspace restriction, 3.had violated no laws 4. had not violated any FAA rules 5. Only military command structure can order the shooting down of a civilian aircraft. As you leave the USA , how about taking other idiots like those in Darlington County with you.
<quoted text>
Don't have the authority? Um, the nuclear power plant security team called the Sheriffs office of Darlington County, SC. Not the military. Since the problem is and was a local law enforcement problem, the local law enforcement would use all available means necessary to thwart or deter the threat deemed necessary.

But, the sheriff clearly states these types of incidents are not the norm and normally, they only deal with aircraft incidents once they have crashed. Based upon that info alone, I'd say the pilot should attend the nearest local church service and give thanks the deputies restrained themselves.

Not once have I disputed the containment buildings would be able to withstand from most aircraft, let alone a glider, but most people do not know that kind of information nor care. Look at the response to Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting. Terrible and horific tragedy by any stretch of the imagination, but democrats have jumped all over more "gun legislation."

Your attempts to sensationalize this story is no different. Democrat ploy, antics and tactics.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

TSF wrote:
Yes, I think almost any way , including burros, would be a better method. Since gliders have no engine, they cannot be just driven from point A directly to point B. Gliders have to CIRCLE to find lift and gain altitude to move to the next thermal or wave , where ever that might be . When they lose lift and altitude, they have to land, where ever that might be. Also, because of weight considerations, gliders are so light that breaking thorugh a wall in a frame house would be questionable. Breaking through a 15 ft thick steel reinforced containment building would be impossible, even for a 787 jetliner. But I must say that this discussion has been a learning experience for me personally. I never dreamed that there ore folks who can read and write that would have such misunderstanding of the law and of physics.
<quoted text>
OK, TSF, but I've been tandom with a friend of mine and I kinda get the glider thing. At one time Grandfather Mountain held championship comptitions, now they go off "Tater Hill" in Boone. It doesn't change the fact that you really should have better sense than to circle a power plant. The pilot I know said the guy was "an idiot".

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

TSF wrote:
Wrong again. I would NOT call it excessive use of force. I would call it ILLEGAL AND CRIMINAL USE OF FORCE because 1. local LE does not have the authority or jurisdiction to shoot down any aircraft for any reason 2. because the pilot had violated no airspace restriction, 3.had violated no laws 4. had not violated any FAA rules 5. Only military command structure can order the shooting down of a civilian aircraft. As you leave the USA , how about taking other idiots like those in Darlington County with you.
<quoted text>
And again, you are wrong. Reasonable amount of force necessary to deter or thwart a threat is given to all citizens, not just law enforcement or the military.

And you are correct, the pilot did not deviate any flight plans or restricted airspace nor violated any FAA rules. However, most local law enforcement officers responding to an incident, including supervisors, probably aren't well versed in FAA rules or regulations.

But is it is their responsiblity to protect and serve all citizens from all threats, not the ones YOU feel are credible.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Better to be safe, concerning nuclear power plants, than not.TSF surely you understand that?

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Airspace over nuclear power plants is PROHIBITED PERIOD!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

PURSUANT TO TITLE 14 CFR SECTIONS 91.139, EMERGENCY AIR TRAFFIC RULES AND 99.7 SPECIAL SECURITY INSTRUCTIONS. ALL GENERAL AVIATION FLIGHT OPERATIONS ARE PROHIBITED WITHIN A 10 NAUTICAL MILES RADIUS OF AND BELOW 18000 FEET MSL OVER THE BELOW LISTED NUCLEAR SITES EXCEPT FOR MEDEVAC, LAW ENFORCEMENT, RESCUE/RECOVERY, EMERGENCY EVACUATION AND FIRE FIGHTING OPERATIONS WHEN AUTHORIZED BY ATC:

The current

Nuclear Sites

4/0811 ...SPECIAL NOTICE... THIS IS A RESTATEMENT OF A PREVIOUSLY ISSUED ADVISORY NOTICE. IN THE INTEREST OF NATIONAL SECURITY AND TO THE EXTENT PRACTICABLE, PILOTS ARE STRONGLY ADVISED TO AVOID THE AIRSPACE ABOVE, OR IN PROXIMITY TO SUCH SITES AS POWER PLANTS (NUCLEAR, HYDRO-ELECTRIC, OR COAL), DAMS, REFINERIES, INDUSTRIAL COMPLEXES, MILITARY FACILITIES AND OTHER SIMILAR FACILITIES. PILOTS SHOULD NOT CIRCLE AS TO LOITER IN THE VICINITY OVER THESE TYPES OF FACILITIES. WIE UNTIL UFN

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthre...
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

The tricky one is called TFR s (temporary flight restrictions) which can pop up anywhere any time. Do not fly in those.
Prohibited zones are self explainatory and marked on the maps. Do not fly in those
Restricted airspace is also marked on maps with areas and altitudes. You can fly there with a clearance from ATC
Military Operation Areas are marked on maps .. You can fly there if they are not hot but at your own risk. Getting off your assigned path or altitude can be a violation. Flying visual in instrument conditions can be a violation. The rules and regulations are many and complex. Maps are marked with these areas and altitudes. The glider pilot had violated no regulations or airspace restrictions . No such restrictions were shown on the map where he was flying or at the altitude at which he was flying.
The problem in SC was that nothing was happening so the local LE decided to make some excitement. The pilot was gracious enough, so far, as to not sue Darlington County and its SO.
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> What DOES constitute an airspace violation?
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Wrong.
waco1909 wrote:
Airspace over nuclear power plants is PROHIBITED PERIOD!!!
Allen

Penrose, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

spoonfuloFSugar20 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Allen, that you're taken so much heat; for something so ridiculous. It's evident that there are many people with more serious problems than me. Which really makes me feel quite good!
Have a nice evening Allen, you really seem like a nice and genuine person. Too bad I didn't get to talk to you more. To deal with this junk; I'd rather fight in Iraq barehanded.
Thanks Spoon, you too.
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Circling AROUND something is different from circling OVER something. The glider pilot circled around the facility, not over it. Also, you may pass over the facilities above indicated altitudes.
emlu wrote:
PURSUANT TO TITLE 14 CFR SECTIONS 91.139, EMERGENCY AIR TRAFFIC RULES AND 99.7 SPECIAL SECURITY INSTRUCTIONS. ALL GENERAL AVIATION FLIGHT OPERATIONS ARE PROHIBITED WITHIN A 10 NAUTICAL MILES RADIUS OF AND BELOW 18000 FEET MSL OVER THE BELOW LISTED NUCLEAR SITES EXCEPT FOR MEDEVAC, LAW ENFORCEMENT, RESCUE/RECOVERY, EMERGENCY EVACUATION AND FIRE FIGHTING OPERATIONS WHEN AUTHORIZED BY ATC:
The current
Nuclear Sites
4/0811 ...SPECIAL NOTICE... THIS IS A RESTATEMENT OF A PREVIOUSLY ISSUED ADVISORY NOTICE. IN THE INTEREST OF NATIONAL SECURITY AND TO THE EXTENT PRACTICABLE, PILOTS ARE STRONGLY ADVISED TO AVOID THE AIRSPACE ABOVE, OR IN PROXIMITY TO SUCH SITES AS POWER PLANTS (NUCLEAR, HYDRO-ELECTRIC, OR COAL), DAMS, REFINERIES, INDUSTRIAL COMPLEXES, MILITARY FACILITIES AND OTHER SIMILAR FACILITIES. PILOTS SHOULD NOT CIRCLE AS TO LOITER IN THE VICINITY OVER THESE TYPES OF FACILITIES. WIE UNTIL UFN
http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthre...

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Spoon, you too.
If you ever want to chat or say "Hi" you can e-mail me at
sandbeneathmyfeet@aol.com

I feel terrible for you, but maybe one day they'll realize that I'm not who ever they keep saying I am.

Have a nice night!
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Earthquakes, tidal waves and meltdowns can damage nuclear power plants. Gliders cannot. I have no fear of nuclear power plants. I have a great fear of idiots with intentions of "protecting " me.. You are thousands of times safer in or around a nuclear power plant than you are in a doctor's office for instance. Each year, over 100,000 Americans die as a result of doctors and nurses not properly washing their hands. How many died because of gliders flying a circle around a power station? Zero.
waco1909 wrote:
Better to be safe, concerning nuclear power plants, than not.TSF surely you understand that?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Volume: 2
Date: 2012-01-01
Original Date: 2012-01-01
Title: PART 103 - ULTRALIGHT VEHICLES
Context: Title 14 - Aeronautics and Space. CHAPTER I - FEDERAL AVIATION ADMINISTRATION, DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION (CONTINUED). SUBCHAPTER F - AIR TRAFFIC AND GENERAL OPERATING RULES
103.19Operations in prohibited or restricted areas.No person may operate an ultralight vehicle in prohibited or restricted areas unless that person has permission from the using or controlling agency, as appropriate.
(d) If unpowered, weighs less than 155 pounds;

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

TSF wrote:
Earthquakes, tidal waves and meltdowns can damage nuclear power plants. Gliders cannot. I have no fear of nuclear power plants. I have a great fear of idiots with intentions of "protecting " me.. You are thousands of times safer in or around a nuclear power plant than you are in a doctor's office for instance. Each year, over 100,000 Americans die as a result of doctors and nurses not properly washing their hands. How many died because of gliders flying a circle around a power station? Zero.
<quoted text>
How many jets had flown into the WTC buildings before 9-11?? Uhhh.....zero....

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

TSF gliders were used on June 6,1944 to drop men and equipment weighing thousands of pounds, behind German lines.....D-Day......
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

That is correct. They were being towed by powered DC-3 s
waco1909 wrote:
TSF gliders were used on June 6,1944 to drop men and equipment weighing thousands of pounds, behind German lines.....D-Day......

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

TSF wrote:
That is correct. They were being towed by powered DC-3 s
<quoted text>
So in your opinion a glider can't possibly damage a nuclear facility? Impossible? Really? With the state of modern explosives? Sort of like a motorboat being unable to damage an American destroyer? Heard of the U.S.S.. COLE?
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

The area around or above the power station in question IS NOT a prohibited Zone. It is not marked as such on the maps . The nearby Savanna River facility IS a Prohibited zone and is marked as such on the maps. That IS NOT where the glider pilot was flying. Thousands of airplanes in the USA fly over nuclear power plants every day. Do not worry about airplanes. Since 911, any pilot who wanders into a prohibited zone, a TFR ,etc, WILL be intercepted by military fighter planes and dealt with as appropriate to the situation.
The US military command structure has the authority and is fully capable of dealing with these incidents. There is no authority for or need for Darlington County SO or any other local LE to be out commandeering airports and blazing away at gliders with shotguns, pistols and rifles.
emlu wrote:
Volume: 2
Date: 2012-01-01
Original Date: 2012-01-01
Title: PART 103 - ULTRALIGHT VEHICLES
Context: Title 14 - Aeronautics and Space. CHAPTER I - FEDERAL AVIATION ADMINISTRATION, DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION (CONTINUED). SUBCHAPTER F - AIR TRAFFIC AND GENERAL OPERATING RULES
103.19Operations in prohibited or restricted areas.No person may operate an ultralight vehicle in prohibited or restricted areas unless that person has permission from the using or controlling agency, as appropriate.
(d) If unpowered, weighs less than 155 pounds;
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Lets chase this rabbit. How many jets flew into WTC building 7 the day it collapsed?
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> How many jets had flown into the WTC buildings before 9-11?? Uhhh.....zero....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 33,481 - 33,500 of54,916
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Wallburg Discussions

Search the Wallburg Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
buy CHEAP pain med online for sale (Jun '13) Oct '13 tempestt 2
OG Kush, Green Crack, Purple Kush, AK-47, (Jul '13) Jul '13 Bubba Kush 1
Sept. 7 Public Record (Sep '11) Nov '12 whatever 2
Bikers invade Davidson County for Tour de Pig (Oct '10) Oct '10 Big Boy 1
Woman jailed for 17 break-ins (Sep '10) Sep '10 PERRY 2
Store owner faces fraud charges after ordering ... (Jan '10) Jan '10 Dirtrider 1
Family and friends gather for last rites of thr... (Apr '08) Apr '08 family from Syracuse 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Wallburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Wallburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••