Proposed Simmesport oil refinery woul...

Proposed Simmesport oil refinery would create hundreds of jobs

There are 1 comment on the The Town Talk story from Oct 2, 2010, titled Proposed Simmesport oil refinery would create hundreds of jobs. In it, The Town Talk reports that:

Officials with the Canadian company that created the post-Katrina village Magnaville in Simmesport are looking into building a crude oil refinery near the small Avoyelles Parish town that sits on the Atchafalaya River.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Town Talk.

Me and you

Detroit, MI

#1 Oct 3, 2010
Wouldn't matter if they did or didn't. If they did all the jobs would be filled with out of town people. Knowing that 80% of the men in that town work turnarounds would mean nothing to them. Yes it would be a good move for the town. But they wouldn't help the town one bit. Don't get your hopes up Simmesport, they care less about the town. It's all about money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wallace Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New St. James Parish County Arrests (Mar '14) Sep '16 James 2
Vote Trump, Make America Great again Aug '16 Daniel Boone 1
Spuddy's Po Boys Jul '16 jim thompson 1
News Bridge jumper wanted in murder cases (Aug '11) Feb '16 Mr Fantastic 10
News Claude Hill named new principal at West St. Joh... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Jean R 1
News Continue reading a ' (Jul '15) Jul '15 concerned 2
Trayvon Martin - Vacherie, LA (Apr '12) Apr '15 Henu 2

Wallace Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wallace Mortgages