Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2012

Judged:

I met Danny Stonebraker in 1982 when our chruch group came and did bible quizzing witht the inmates. I know that they all must spend the rest of their lives in prison for the crimes committed. Danny and I became good friends. I lost touch with him when I moved to CO. I'd like to write him a letter. Is he still at Pendleton? Thanks in advance to all who have any helpful information.
stacye

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

Linda wrote:
Were any of Betty Spencer's sons able to go to her funeral when she died?
i saw u said you went to school with them did you by chance know a vickie spears
Becky

Anderson, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

stacye wrote:
<quoted text> i saw u said you went to school with them did you by chance know a vickie spears
stop and thing what you asked! they were all murdered in 1977
stacye

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2012

Becky wrote:
<quoted text>
stop and thing what you asked! they were all murdered in 1977
i know..im sayin my mother went to school with some or one of the murderers.! Thought u said u knew them too. Asked if maybe you knew my mother!
steve47834

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2012

Judged:

Dan of Seymour wrote:
My youngest son is married to Drollinger's neice. His mother died the week before last, and the authorities wouldn't even allow him to attend her funeral. How evil do you have to be that you cannot even go to your own mother's funeral?
Pretty damned evil, which is why he did not attend.
Ring tail coot

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

Why should he be allowed outside of prison to attend a funeral? He lost his rights to mercy when he committed this awful act.
nopityforscum

Columbia City, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2012

may they all rot in hell. hopefully they all have been shown alot of affection in prison. LMAO
mommyof1

Kingman, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

i totally agree.... my mom was dating david at the time and he called a few days before the murders happened( prolly because he knew drollinger talked him nto it)... then came asking around for her after,( which im sure he was to tell her sorry)?? but wat she described of david, was exactly how u described david...im sure it was mainly peer pressure which is awful:((((
MaggieG wrote:
Hmmmmm I have several thoughts on this. My father was married to David Smith's mother at the time this horrid crime occurred. I heard all the different motives and scenarios, and frankly I find them somewhat irrelevant.
As I read all these comments, I recall the first time I laid eyes on Drollinger asking my father who he was.My father's response,
" A weaselly little punk ! "
My father was right. I remember David as well back then, quiet, sweet, always took the time to play with his 10 year old step sister. I was saddened as a child to know of what he did. It was very hard to coincide the boy I loved, and the beginnings of a man that did this deed. As an adult I understand it far better.
David, and those 2 other boys ( for whatever reasons ) got punked by a punk. They became the "bitches" of a jail house con pimpimg some sense of superiority over their poverty, and such. So... In a society at whole that doesn't want to take responsibility for even the smallest mistakes, I am not over shocked those men do not want to pony up for that ridiculously stupid decision.
Well... If you don't want to do it, I am sure prison will do it for you Gentlemen.
Even 30 plus years later I still remember the sweet boy I came to call brother. That boy I always will. The petty jail house fool that plays the jailhouse games, and lives by those jailhouse rules ?
I don't know him, ad I don't want to
mommyof1

Kingman, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

soooooo true...
EAW414

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

My grandfather was the lead investigator on this case. He was the first one on the scene.
becky

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

mommyof1 wrote:
i totally agree.... my mom was dating david at the time and he called a few days before the murders happened( prolly because he knew drollinger talked him nto it)... then came asking around for her after,( which im sure he was to tell her sorry)?? but wat she described of david, was exactly how u described david...im sure it was mainly peer pressure which is awful:((((
<quoted text>
Well said.
Questioning

Sparta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

I understand that David Smith has a hearing scheduled for Nov. Can anyone provide info on that?
becky

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Questioning wrote:
I understand that David Smith has a hearing scheduled for Nov. Can anyone provide info on that?
yes he has filed but as long as I am breathing he will rot in prison. I have been in contact with family and the proper people have been notified to stop this bullshit. Becky
Tom

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

I was in the same class as David every year throughout grade school. This was a small grade school in a very small town. Normally, everyone was liked but I don't think David had any friends. He was just sort of there and I think all of us kind of knew that there was something "off" about him. Although our class size was small, I don't think I ever spoke to him. Kind of funny how young children can sense evil. David moved away in the 6th grade and no one thought about him again until the murders. I do remember that he never showed up for our Christmas gift exchange (jehovah witnes). He never had the guts to tell us that he had no intention of buying a gift when he drew a name along with the rest of us. This just added to his "strangeness". Seriously, we could had profiled him at age 9 and predicted his future. Go to hell Davd you creepy fuck. I've always known you were the real instigator for those murders. I have waited more than 30 years to say this.
Questioning wrote:

Since: Nov 12

Massillon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

I was 3 yrs old when this happened. My mom grew up in the area, even dated one of the boys killed. When I was 13 or 14 I found old newspapers articles & a paper about David. He seems to be the one everyone remembers the most. He was not the ringleader that title belongs to Drollinger & nobody talks about the other two. Since I found those articles I have become obsessed with finding out information about the Spencer family & the killers. Will be finding that book.
Anonymous

Crawfordsville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

I went to the school these boys went to that committed these murders. I remember the feeling going threw the school when we realized who had committed them. I did not personally know the boys they were all older then I was. I believe I was a Freshman that year. I remember one of their sisters crying uncontrollably when her brother was arrested. Later I got to know the Smith's boys brother who was a really nice guy. He talked about his brother and when his Mom died he was hoping his brother would be allowed to attend, ofcourse he wasn't. I remember the fear that went thru our small community also. Drollinger was the leader of these boys, but they didn't have to do what they did. They deserve to spend life in prison. I will never forget that day in school when we realized we had all been going to school with boys who were murderers. Still to this day I remember it like it was yesterday. They should never be released, ever.
jjs1980

Brooklyn, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

I have a hardback copy of " CHOKING IN FEAR",BY MIKE MCARTY. THESE ARE VERY RARE AND HARD TO FIND,MY WIFE KNOWS THE AUTHOR,AND HE CANT EVEN GET ANY COPIES,LOL. IM WILLING TO PART WITH MY COPY FOR $100,they are going for 2 to 3x's that on amazon.com ...
Dave

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

I bought one on ebay for .99 cents. Ha, $100.
jjs1980

Schiller Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Dave wrote:
I bought one on ebay for .99 cents. Ha,$100.
Ebay hasnt had any in quite sometime so i doubt you paid .99 for one maybe you should check out amazon and other pages this book is hard to come by
James Rockwell

Coldwater, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

I was a corrections officer at Pendelton for 16 years. Stonebraker, smith, and wright were there at the time i was. They all were decent inmates.They gave the staff no problems. They have admitted there involvement in this crime. Drollinger was shipped to michigan city for his own safety. I spent many hours talking with them about the murders. They all have remorse except drollinger. All he wants is to make a quick dollar off the pain he inflicted. Its great that indiana does not allow an inmate to profit from there crime. As for inmates attending funerals. Its totally left up to the superintendant(warden) of that inmates facility. Most Inmates(Notice i said Most) are not allowed to attend a funeral with more than 5 years remaining on there sentence. They are a security risk (escape)It also depends on the level of the inmate. I was a transport officer the last 5 years i worked there and can count on one hand the amount of inmates i transported to a funeral. You have to put your emotions aside and realize these guys are not boy scouts or they wouldnt be where they are.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Wallace Discussions

Search the Wallace Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Jennifer Wojciehowski Jul 21 Hoosier 5
Job in area Jul 12 needinajob 1
Fireworks Jul 9 squeezers 4
IN Who do you support for Treasurer in Indiana in ... (Oct '10) Jun 29 Lord Hater 92
IN IN Property Tax Cap Amendment, Public Question 1 (Oct '10) Jun 27 Go Blue Forever 1,302
Masterguard Flex-N-Gate (Dec '12) Jun 23 The Ghost 3
Forum sucks....period (Dec '11) Jun '14 The Fuze 18
•••
•••
•••
•••

Wallace Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Wallace People Search