Wash. inmate kills entangled deer at ...

Wash. inmate kills entangled deer at work farm

There are 20 comments on the The York Daily Record story from May 28, 2010, titled Wash. inmate kills entangled deer at work farm. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

The Washington State Penitentiary says an inmate on a work crew killed and butchered a deer outside the prison at Walla Walla.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

Amazing

York, PA

#1 May 28, 2010
and why is this newsworthy?
Pheasant Pie

York, PA

#2 May 28, 2010
Agree! But the funniest, possibly not so funny, portion of the new release, is the PHEASANT FARM!
And what are they going to do with those pheasants?
Take them around so school children can see a LIVE pheasant; which very few exist in the York County Area anymore. Maybe we could apply for some STIMULUS MONEY to have some shipped to our area. Then shoot them and cut their heads off with a box cutter!

“love, loyalty, friendship”

Since: Sep 08

Dutchville

#3 May 29, 2010
The man killed and butched a deer who would certainly have died anyway (I've seen them tangled in fence- not a pretty sight)- how is this news?
FriendToAnimals

AOL

#4 May 29, 2010
to little me- having your throat cut, with a small box cutter, is hardly a humane way to die- and why did he not call someone to help untangle the deer- obviously, he simply wanted the deer meat and found a tangled target for his illegal act- and yes, it is illegal to kill a deer, outside deer season, without a permit, and when clearly an effort should have been made to call a game warden, who would have killed it humanely, with a shot to the head, if necessary.

but then, what can expect from a CONVICT, who likely would use that same box cutter on YOU, if he thought he could get money off your body. don't defend the bastard- i hope they fry his ass. and don't waste my time replying- i already know what you and all the yeehas in the county think about killing unarmed animals.
Madie

Benoni, South Africa

#5 May 29, 2010
Ah yes....what man does best of all.....kill anything that moves to satisfy his craving for another sentient beings flesh and of course make the big bucks breeding and then killing and selling.....happens to millions of creatures everyday so deplore this man by all means while you tuck into another steak....
RJ Johnson

La Crescenta, CA

#6 May 29, 2010
How is this NOT news?!?!?!?!?!

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#7 May 29, 2010
Was the deer going to die because of the entanglement anyway? Couldn't he have used the box cutter to cut the net and free the deer?

But, honestly, what WAS he going to do with the meat. And, most importantly, WHAT WAS HE DOING WITH A BOX CUTTER?

“Pompous pontificator”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#8 May 29, 2010
Not sporting and certainly a criminal offence killing this animal in such an inhumane way.

He should receive more 'time' for this.
And a good beatin' would be appropriate too.
coffee

Chicago, IL

#9 May 29, 2010
he should not go free ever, has a desire to kill and dismember.
Zombie Corpse Rental

San Francisco, CA

#10 May 29, 2010
Madie wrote:
Ah yes....what man does best of all.....kill anything that moves to satisfy his craving for another sentient beings flesh and of course make the big bucks breeding and then killing and selling.....happens to millions of creatures everyday so deplore this man by all means while you tuck into another steak....
Kill a lot of cows with box cutters, do you?
mutt

Springfield, MO

#11 May 29, 2010
come on let the dude have some venison prison food sucks
Gnus2Me

Roseburg, OR

#12 May 30, 2010
The real news here is that he was a "butcher." Do y'all know how hard it is to find a real butcher these days? Supermarket meat is what they call "box meat" and comes in little chunks that require little cutting - or knowledge.
Most of the meatcutters you see can't even name all of the parts of the animal, let alone how to dress a side of beef.
Yeah, all you namby-pamby animal "humanitarians" forget that the steak you had for dinner, the roast chicken from Safeway or those tasty porkchops your mom makes actually come from animals that are killed, skinned an cut up into little pieces for your backyard BBQ.
And for the enlightened posters yammering about the convict and how he'd slice you up for a dime, you're brainless AND spineless. you should crawl into a dark little corner shaking with fear that a pot head with a boxcutter will butcher you for dinner.
Don't get a life. We don't need the interference with ours.

“Pompous pontificator”

Location hidden

#13 May 30, 2010
Gnus2Me wrote:
The real news here is that he was a "butcher." Do y'all know how hard it is to find a real butcher these days?
You sure have a lot to say, but don't mention anything about how this monster made this unfortunate animal SUFFER.
Yes, we all know where meat comes-from; but I'm pretty-sure they don't kill cows with the "death of a thousand cuts" method.
Could it be that you are amoral... or at-least insensitive to this issue? I had friends like you when I was a little kid; you-know the kind that thought it great fun to torture little animals.
loweroceanlocal

Santa Cruz, CA

#14 May 30, 2010
i doubt it was the death of a thousand cuts, from what i understand the deer was half dead anyway, he slit its throat and put it out of its misery, the meat probably was destined for the prison kitchen, saving the tax payers some money on food. he did nothing wrong.
Did You Know

York, PA

#15 May 30, 2010
Bubbletoes wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure have a lot to say, but don't mention anything about how this monster made this unfortunate animal SUFFER.
Yes, we all know where meat comes-from; but I'm pretty-sure they don't kill cows with the "death of a thousand cuts" method.
Could it be that you are amoral... or at-least insensitive to this issue? I had friends like you when I was a little kid; you-know the kind that thought it great fun to torture little animals.
FYI: Do you know how farmers kill calves for veal and lambs for lamb chops? Step over their back, raise their cute little heads, and slit their throats and let them bleed out while they squirm on the slaughter house deck. Yea, I know, you don't want to hear this crap. It stated that THIS inmate was a butcher, did you get that? Cheaper than wasting bullets!
TOPIX will remove this post, forthwith...don't want the truth being mentioned. Later, goin' to McD's for a slit burger.

“Pompous pontificator”

Location hidden

#16 May 30, 2010
loweroceanlocal wrote:
i doubt it was the death of a thousand cuts, from what i understand the deer was half dead anyway, he slit its throat and put it out of its misery, the meat probably was destined for the prison kitchen, saving the tax payers some money on food. he did nothing wrong.
----------
"from what i understand"

You have a vivid imagination; no mention of anything in the story you claim to "understand". READ the story before making foolish comments.
loweroceanlocal

Santa Cruz, CA

#17 May 30, 2010
Bubbletoes wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
"from what i understand"
You have a vivid imagination; no mention of anything in the story you claim to "understand". READ the story before making foolish comments.
i did read the story, live in the country where you see this sort of thing all the time before you make foolish comments.
Yea Amazing

York, PA

#18 May 31, 2010
Amazing wrote:
and why is this newsworthy?
Because the deers welfare mother is highly pi$$ed off! There are already 13 lawyers, plus the ACLU, on the case and are suing the convict/prison/game commission/and dog food/box cutter companies; along with Toyota, just for kicks. If the Toyota's brakes would have been working properly, the dear deer would not have been scared into the fence. Not to mention the BUCK, who is also suing for loss of sexual favors and especially, companionship! You ain't heard the end of this case!
BUCKHORN

Ben Lomond, CA

#19 May 31, 2010
Be careful.
Know that deers are responsible for a number of human deaths.
Joe Don

Fort Worth, TX

#20 May 31, 2010
I'd love to herd all of you mindless "tree huggers" into a corral and feed you on cut grass till your stupid brains leaked out completely....but there's not much left anyway. Dumb Azzz's!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walla Walla Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sheriff's Office Investigates Dead Body Found A... (Jan '14) Feb '17 MsD247 2
Those Seed Pods (Nov '16) Nov '16 ZMC 1
News Juntos helping to fight gang violence (Nov '16) Nov '16 juan 2
4 major networks -- republican owned/operated (Jan '06) Nov '16 Scott 11
Good bars to meet women (Sep '16) Sep '16 Bill 1
News Visitor misbehavior abounds as U.S. parks agenc... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Elna 1
News Washington joins Oregon's pay-per-mile pilot pr... (Feb '13) May '16 VeganTiger 12

Walla Walla Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Walla Walla Mortgages