walkertown highschool

Since: Jun 09

Mount Airy, NC

#1 Jun 15, 2009
We voted to have our taxes raised so we could get a new highschool built in walkertown. We were told that the project was to begin in 2008 and that the school would be ready for the 2010 school year. I still have not seen any start of the project for the new high school. In fact the only thing I have seen is my taxes go up. Please tell me that im not the only one that this is infuriating. In the current economy I think this would be the perfect kind of project to help get some people back to work in our community that have been layed off. We need to get our mayor and all others involved who made these promises to us off their backsides and start pushing them to take some actions to get this project started. Im mad as he?? that my tax dollars are always on the rise and yet I dont see anything in return for my money.
uptight

Holly Springs, NC

#2 Jul 1, 2009
where is the new school suppose to be built?

Mount Airy, NC

#3 Jul 2, 2009
In the area behind the Walkertown Middle School.
Jal5075

Greensboro, NC

#4 Jul 2, 2009
it supposed to be built on Sulivantown Rd
concerned person

Walnut Cove, NC

#5 Jul 2, 2009
walkertown is trying to get a bail out to build side walks I quess so the drug dealers will have some where to walk i am also wondering where the high school is how is our mayor chosen

Mount Airy, NC

#6 Jul 5, 2009
the mayor is voted in on election day
uptight

Cary, NC

#7 Jul 7, 2009
Good point shadow
concerned person

Mount Airy, NC

#8 Oct 5, 2009
i see they have started building the school on sulivantown rd

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walkertown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Letters on Homestead Heritage: Community or cult? (Oct '07) 2 hr baybeh 7,335
News Lunch Lady Told First Grader He Couldn't Have L... (Nov '14) 10 hr Actual Science 8
Corrupt Courtrooms Aug 18 Anonymous 1
News The Return of Jim Crow in North Carolina (Jul '14) Aug 16 Spotted Girl 306
iso of someone who can unlock my 6s plus Aug 16 CrAsH33 2
iso someone who can unlock an iphone 6s plus Aug 16 CrAsH33 1
News Boone pays to settle wrongful arrest lawsuit Aug 15 Bob 4

Walkertown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Walkertown Mortgages