Letters on Homestead Heritage: Commun...

Letters on Homestead Heritage: Community or cult?

There are 7205 comments on the Waco Tribune-Herald story from May 20, 2007, titled Letters on Homestead Heritage: Community or cult?. In it, Waco Tribune-Herald reports that:

For seven years, we've shared fence lines with members of Homestead Heritage on three sides of our land.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Waco Tribune-Herald.

I lived to tell the truth

Jackson, NJ

#7109 May 7, 2013
Matthew 7
6 “Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.
Ask, Seek, Knock
7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
9 “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

I am sorry for you that you are trampling under your feet the Savior Jesus Christ. And you will be judged too.

It is true that some have left Homestead Heritage a total mess, not knowing who God is.

We will continue to serve Our Lord Jesus, and you will continue to babble-or you could try praying. Jesus never fails to reveal HIMSELF to those who seek HIM. HE is the only good Gift you will ever find.

Hebrews 10
26 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, 27 but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. 28 Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 How much more severely do you think someone deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified them, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace?

Jackson, NJ

#7115 May 8, 2013
Matthew 17
17 After six days Jesus took with him Peter, James and John the brother of James, and led them up a high mountain by themselves. 2 There he was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and his clothes became as white as the light. 3 Just then there appeared before them Moses and Elijah, talking with Jesus.

Moses did not show up with Jesus and start arguing with Him about who HE is, as you do. You exemplify the reason why people do not turn to Christianity. How can they if you, as their example, cannot even acknowledge the KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS?!

Jackson, NJ

#7122 May 9, 2013
You have taken the focus of this website OFF of Homestead Heritage-of which the HH ELDERS ARE APPLAUDING YOU for doing them such a favor, and placed it on heresy, denying the WORD OF GOD with every post you write.

Did you know that you will be judged for every careless word you write or say? It is in the Holy Bible.

JOHN 5
You have never heard his voice nor seen his form, 38 nor does his word dwell in you, for you do not believe the one he sent. 39 You study[c] the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me, 40 yet you refuse to come to me to have life.

Jackson, NJ

#7126 May 10, 2013
You are RIPE for the great deception that will occur when the antichrist takes over this earth.

Willingly and fully KNOWING the answer to eternal life, and yet refusing JESUS CHRIST over and over again.

MATTHEW 7
24 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.”
28 When Jesus had finished saying these things, the crowds were amazed at his teaching, 29 because he taught as one who had authority, and not as their teachers of the law.

Jackson, NJ

#7132 May 12, 2013
[And YOU ILTTTT with your arbitrary requirements for both eternal life and what constitutes true belief
OUTSIDE OF SCRIPTURE]baaah

REVELATION 22
12 “Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

14 “Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. 15 Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

16 “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you[a] this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.”

YOU HAVE MOCKED HIM LONG ENOUGH.

Threatening us in posts from pages past, with empty claims of people you know of whom you believe can hurt those who love JESUS CHRIST.

Jackson, NJ

#7134 May 13, 2013
REVELATION 19
11 I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and wages war. 12 His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. 13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. 14 The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations.“He will rule them with an iron scepter.”[a] He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. 16 On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:

king of kings and lord of lords.

‘Pearls before swine’ when talking with you baaah.

Jackson, NJ

#7137 May 14, 2013
[not adhering to truth as it is spoken to you, confirming only the interpretations of misfits and flunkies passed down through the generations.]baaah.

While mocking the Apostles as well..

Thank Jesus that the Waco Tribune has taken notice of all of your abuse.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#7154 Jul 16, 2013
My My My, have they all gone to sleep?

Jackson, NJ

#7155 Jul 19, 2013
Testimonies are welcome concerning HH.
Joe707

San Francisco, CA

#7157 Sep 13, 2013
Is homestead Heritage even relevant in todays world?
Wow

San Francisco, CA

#7158 Sep 13, 2013
What little minds. Why dont people get on with their lives? Really, who cares about Homestead HEritasge or what they think? Get on with your life already!!!
Bored

San Francisco, CA

#7159 Sep 13, 2013
Yeah, I'm bored. Thats why Im temprarily amusing myself by ready theses posts.

There is so much wrong with these people to begin with, but why waste time fighting over them. Dont you have more important issues to deal with?

To quote Ghandi, I like your Christ, its your christians...

That says it all.

Its Texas for Gods sake. The home of the anti intellectual.
Riley Jack

Flower Mound, TX

#7160 Sep 13, 2013
Bored wrote:
Yeah, I'm bored. Thats why Im temprarily amusing myself by ready theses posts.
There is so much wrong with these people to begin with, but why waste time fighting over them. Dont you have more important issues to deal with?
To quote Ghandi, I like your Christ, its your christians...
That says it all.
Its Texas for Gods sake. The home of the anti intellectual.
So all the "intellectuals" live in Cali? It doesn't surprise me that your quoting Ghandi to make your point.

Jackson, NJ

#7161 Sep 14, 2013
When we lived in Colorado the elders told us we were the light of the world.

Today, they are known for their Menonite type living; getting back to farm living while still using electricity for their comforts. Their website centers on their way of living, not their beliefs.

The local newspaper has inquired about their doctrines written by Blair Adams that they live by. HH will not provide those doctrines to the public.

The most you will hear concerning Jesus Christ on their website is that they do call themselves Christians.

They are revelant to those who want to return to the land. The hippie lifestyle that the HH elders love dearly. They first told us that it is the only way to escape the antichrist when the tribulation comes upon the earth.

Will the antichrist allow them to stay on their land when those days come? Especially if they are to call themselves Christians?

Their doctrines are not in line with the Holy Scriptures found in the Holy Bible. That has been proven through the numerous testimonies that has come out of HH.

Every good and perfect gift comes from God alone.

Jackson, NJ

#7162 Sep 14, 2013
HH is [relevant]-sorry for the typo!- to only those who want to live out their way of life.

If you falter in any way towards that way of life, you will be thrown out.

They use the Holy Scriptures in the Holy Bible to get what the HH elders want- I.G., your wealth, your undying devotion to THEM is their goal; living by their way of life spelled out through their HH doctrines.
joe707

Fairfield, CA

#7163 Sep 16, 2013
I remember when I use frequent (pun intended) Texas, I could literally feel my IQ drop. Lol.

Yes, I used Ghandi to quote. Its a reflection of how the real world views the deluded. Read Richard Dawkins to find out why.

Maybe I should rephrase the question, does HH have any real relavance in a functioning world?
joe707

Fairfield, CA

#7164 Sep 16, 2013
Seems they really effected you "Truth", but the battle is in your mind. You're fightimg.windmills. Free yourself from the mental dominance YOUVE given them over you.

I saw their arrogance all the way back in NJ amd can spot their disengenuousness a mile away. I feel sorry for.you.
Joe707

Newark, CA

#7165 Sep 16, 2013
Darn,no spell check... or edit
Joe707

Newark, CA

#7166 Sep 16, 2013
Hey Riley,

3 Ph. D.s from Baylor in their response videos… WOW!...I'm impressed. Now, how about getting them to include an unbiased critique on Democrats, President Obama and foreign relations from Sarah Palin et al?

I agree with Blair Adams. Just because someone is supposedly trained to do a job doesn’t mean they have the ability.…Or, does that only apply to the detractors of HH?

BTW Go, Wendy Davis!!!

Jackson, NJ

#7167 Sep 17, 2013
Joe
I come here to warn the public about this group.

They have no hold over me. Jesus is LORD over my life.

There is still hope that HH will make Jesus Christ LORD once again in their lives instead of the HH elder's ruling over every single part of their lives.

What a tragedy it is that many did not see through their arrogance when the HH elders were still in New Jersey.

Many who listened to Blair's teachings would still be alive today.

I pray everyone can see through the HH elder's 'disengenuousness a mile away.'

In JESUS NAME, AMEN AND AMEN.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walkertown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Filling the Need: Orthodontist one of few who a... (Sep '06) Mon Single mother 339
wcpd (Apr '13) Jun 26 jesse 86
Busted speeding...best Lawyers?? Jun 25 Curious 3
News Editorial: Tougher laws for DWIs welcomed (Mar '13) Jun 25 jesse 16
What band did David McGee play for? Jun 23 Jay 2
Never Ever Jun 22 debbie 2
News Forsyth County Considers Animal Tethering Ordin... (Feb '10) Jun 20 Dhdhdhdnd 36

Walkertown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Walkertown Mortgages