Letters on Homestead Heritage: Community or cult?

There are 20 comments on the May 20, 2007, Waco Tribune-Herald story titled Letters on Homestead Heritage: Community or cult?. In it, Waco Tribune-Herald reports that:

For seven years, we've shared fence lines with members of Homestead Heritage on three sides of our land.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Waco Tribune-Herald.

Baaah

Austin, TX

#5845 Feb 12, 2013
And so then in Jn 1:14 God spoke "Jesus,"....

and Jesus was manifested, being the foundation and harmonizing key to all things created...

...the lamb then being able to sleep with the lion.

The Word neither being wholly Jesus since God spoke many other things into existence, and beings and
even unknown entities...

but not HIMSELF ontologically, for God is not a man, that he should lie.
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5846 Feb 13, 2013
How can Baaah have the spirit of Apostacy...

when trins and JisG fudge every time they see the personal pronoun "I," or "my," or "myself," or
"mine" in reference to our God in the first person, or "He," "Himself," "His" or "His own" regarding this God in the third person singular?

"Autou" could be "him" or "it," either one, but it is still singular and not two, i.e. plural.

And who calls God an "it??"

11,000 SINGULAR personal pronouns in reference to the One True God of the Hebrews, and I Baaah have the spirit of apostacy?

Maybe three in the plural, not necessarily referencing God speaking to God at all, hardly orthodox, and highly suspect, Gen 1:26 and Gen 11:17 which all Jews interpret to be God speaking to the heavenly court.

Three as opposed to 11,000? Who therefore interprets scripture falsely? And who has to fudge every time they see the singular God referenced?

One means one. The simple number one. If YHWH ever came to earth as man or being, angel or apparition, He still has His own singular mind and singular will.

The NT makes very clear Jesus had his own. This is the key to the whole Judaic religion, that minds are not morphed into either God or creation; wills are not merged into the same pantheistic will, we retain our own in the kingdom of Heaven...

else what is the point of it all? I have no special 'feeling' for the pantheistic world-view.

Do you?
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5847 Feb 13, 2013
So then this 'one' or koine 'hen' of the Jesus verses:

Jn 10

I and the Father are one.

and Jn 17

21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

...has to be the unity of spirit and this alone. There can be no other interpretation:

glory
love
one

all reference the same bond of spirit which Jesus was praying for.

This SPIRIT was what divinity Jesus had and now that he is glorified is fulfilled in.

And this SPIRIT is what as men and women we strive to be one in, in truth and in love. Yet retaining our own wills and minds, i.e. souls just as Jesus retains his own soul.

Two souls, two beings. Two beings, two Gods. We have only one God, and this was always the case.
Jesus does not morph back into his Father who is a 'Godhead' of some kind. Jews don't know the GodHEAD, only YHWH the God.
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5848 Feb 13, 2013
For the most amazing aspect of each individual is our soul which is not a BLANK slate...

rather a slate as individual as Tom is different than Dick. And Harry too...

And this was true of the Christ. And this is true of you and me. And this is not Greek philosophy at all, not esoteric and not abstract.

Tom, Dick and Harry are abstract? What you don't know these guys?

God made us in His image. I posit this means we all have a separate soul, apart from the pantheistic world-view.
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5849 Feb 13, 2013
The whole thing about language is that when you say ME and YOU we both mean two beings juxtaposed...
and we abrogate this when speaking of Jesus and our God?
Because Jesus IS God? Since when?
And doesn't this confuse scripture greatly for us?
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5850 Feb 13, 2013
We as men can have multiple personality disfunction...

The Three Faces of Eve. Multiple Personality Disorder.

"Soulish" aspects of other evil spirits abiding near or in us...

This is negative in connotation. Our God is divided like THIS?

Is this not the spirit of apostacy? To divide the One True God?
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5851 Feb 13, 2013
Theory of Soul:

I don't have a developed theory regarding what our SOUL is...

Spirit and Soul are overlapping metaphors. Some aspects of soul are spirit and some aspects of spirit are soul...

What makes a 'soulful' person? Is this not a man or woman who has a developed sense of the glorifying aspects of life and the source of all life?

Sings well, hits the crescendos, cries when sad,
loves with all of one's heart?

Lives life to it's fullest given capacity? Is this not the Ruach Spirit given to man at the very beginning? Breathing life into him, now him breathing life and living life?

If Jesus is God, then YHWH has two souls. Jesus lived the MOST soulful life. By the 'soul' he perceived from the King of Soul.

Our God. Jesus lived the MOST soulful life among men.

He never sinned. God can sin? Is it even a possibility that God can sin?
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5852 Feb 13, 2013
See, God was singing along by Himself...

and thought what a wonderful idea to have soulful men and women around to sing his songs...

songs of life. Songs of love. Songs of sadness
and being outside the fields and forests of plenty...

So God made man and woman. And they have their own individual souls which can choose not only which songs to sing, but which words out of the many to sing with, and which melodies out of the billions to sing, and which key to sing in....and...

they never lose their soul unless destroyed. And YHWH has the final say here too.

And Jesus sang his song. And Jesus fulfilled all things.
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5853 Feb 13, 2013
When Jesus asks God for the glory he had with Him before the world was...

does this not parallel the Luke 22 account, whereby Jesus is asking for his cup of destiny to be taken away? Point being that Jesus in fact is fully aware of his ultimate test coming up, the Cross and the Suffering.

The Luke account ends:

42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

43 And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him.

An angel strengthens God? Bears God up? How does this occur, and what mechanism would suggest God needs bearing up by a created being?

And doesn't this passage in Luke prove Jesus' will is not the same as the Father's will?

Two souls: two beings. One God = One Being.
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5854 Feb 14, 2013
The Luke account has Jesus waxing strong in spirit,
which in the music capital of the world (Austin) terms means 'soul' train.

He got up on that 'soul train' and sang his song of life, to the fullest, to the mostest; among the best of 'soul' he was the king of soul among us...

But he sang God's songs. We do not make these up, as Willie Nelson would attest to:

Willie gives me the look you give a child who asks ridiculous questions.“I snatch them out of the air,” he says patiently.“The air is full of melodies.”

http://www.texasmonthly.com/story/willie-65

Luke 2

52 And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.

See the juxtaposition of Jesus and God? What does this mean plainly here?

God is the Source of all Soul. Jesus was our King of Soul.

But Jesus sang his God's song. Now you have the Country Western Gospel.
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5855 Feb 14, 2013
Mt 13

54 And when he was come into his own country, he taught them in their synagogue, insomuch that they were astonished, and said, Whence hath this man this wisdom, and these mighty works?

55 Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?

56 And his sisters, are they not all with us? Whence then hath this man all these things?

57 And they were offended in him. But Jesus said unto them, A PROPHET is not without honour, save in his own country, and in his own house.

58 And he did not many mighty works there because of their unbelief.

What was their unbelief? That Jesus was God?

Really?
I lived to tell the truth

Jackson, NJ

#5856 Feb 15, 2013
What is your point relating to HH?
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5857 Feb 15, 2013
I lived to tell the truth wrote:
What is your point relating to HH?
We who want to define 'cults' quote unquote if you will, as it were...be it as it may...sic...

are ourselves by the simple definition of our God a CULT according to the plain simple command given when the Israelites crossed over into the promised land, ready to harvest their crops, live in peace and some kind of harmony, and this with themselves as well as with
their enemies...

The Shema says God is One, and the first command says

I am the Lord Your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

You shall have no other gods beside Me.

This God was YHWH and Jesus cannot be YHWH. This God of us IS YHWH.
Which is the personal name of One Being. Septuagint Exodus 3:

Ego eimi ho own. I am the Being.

Christ by all accounts is another being. God cannot be two.

Those who make Christ God are breaking the FUNDAMENTAL tenets of their own faith.

I do not use the word 'Cult'. But according to YHWH these derogatory terms are quite in order.

The majority of you repent. We who want Reformation will repent.

What you call among theologians "high Christology" is not so high
after all.

If the 'low road' is the true one, this is the road I take.

The 'Soul' of YHWH was his Ruach. We were each given a soul to have. Our spirit can disembody from us, exude from us, as the Spirit of YHWH does also...

Jesus had his own soul. He conformed his spirit to the Great One.
This was the miracle of the man. He overcame all as man and not as God.

What is to overcome if you are God? His Ruach made your nephesh.
And you have life to live and this for or against your Creator.

Just as your Lord Jesus did.
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5858 Feb 15, 2013
What is to overcome if you are God?

He is not IN the game. He MADE the game which we call living.

So he makes the Octagon, the Cage Fight for all men, then He inserts himself as a LEGITIMATE contender??

Every single person in the crowd AND his contender(s) will call out BOOOO.

This is no fight. This is no story. This 'story' has no plot, no tension no challenge no sense.

Jesus fought in the desert. He contended with demons. He fought against all things we fight against and more since we do not starve during meals, sleep with our head on a rock or depend on the grace of strangers from town to town.

God does not fight. God makes.

And God judges. Us.

So God went into the Octagon, DIVESTING himself of his own power and glory and intelligence and might in order to make things more FAIR?

What, he had one hand tied behind his back, and his frontal lobe disconnected?

Don't you see how amazingly STUPID this is?
Yet theologians bend over backwards to explain just how God does this...
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5859 Feb 15, 2013
The whole miracle of the Creation Account

is our relationship to our Creator who made our soul.

By His Spirit we first had Ruach. Ruach to Ruach.
But by His Spirit we were also made.

"Hovering over the waters." Ready to create and deal with us in covenant or not in covenant.

His Ruach gave us breath or ruach. But His Ruach also made our soul. Each of us different from the other. Even an animal who has a soul.

OUR ruach can disembody from us, retaining aspects of the 'soul' which we evolved into, the moral character of our lives and the demons we allowed in, spirits of the Evil One. This means the 'breath' of us was an analogy, not the actual thing. Our spirit is our 'ruach' the spiritual breath exuding from us. As opposed to the mortal breath of the lungs, and blood and biology.

And so then, the Ruach of God gave Mary to birth.
And this in a different manner than normal. But this makes Jesus not God by itself. Not God-man as our later fathers proclaimed.

This meant that the Ruach of God would bless this man to be the Annointed One.

The Christ for all men. Not only the Jew but also the Gentile. He had a very special relationship to God's Ruach.

From the conception of him.
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5860 Feb 15, 2013
As a previous investigator of the Divinity of Christ,

I found the greatest piece in the puzzle left out
was the fact that the divinity of Jesus was not made creedal until 325 A.D.

For majority theorists, it is said that the principle was always held to be true, even of the first generation, yet it became an ISSUE in the fourth century.

Or....that the ISSUE came to a head during this time, the Arian/Athanasian debate...

problem being that some Jews were claiming Jesus made himself God even while he walked the earth, not some seven generations later...

equal to YHWH, equal in authority to YHWH, even being BEING YHWH...the ultimate blasphemy...

Jn 10

33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

So then, this issue WAS extant in the beginning.
And from the POV of new believers who believed in fact Jesus is God, then this issue would have been a top priority in both gospel and epistle...

as to how the Son of God could BE God. This Son being by all accounts SEPARATE from his Father.

As an investigator, the missing key or Bridge of Understanding.
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5861 Feb 15, 2013
I found out later Joel Hemphill's own catalyst toward change, even of repenting of 50 yrs thinking Jesus was God...

Was chapter four of Acts, that the believers when seeing the apostles coming back from the Jewish authorities and rejoicing in the events subsequent...

prayed to YHWH and not Jesus. IF the name above all names was meant to supercede even YHWH's name, THEN
all prayers are to Jesus, yes? Who is the new manifestation of YHWH yes? Just as all Oneness Pentecostals pray, yes? Just as JOEL HEMPHILL prayed, yes?

And he saw in Acts chapter four that this was not the case for the believers in Acts. Neither in
the Didache for us (I don't know if Mr. Hemphill
knows this).

23 And being let go, they went to their own company, and reported all that the chief priests and elders had said unto them.

24 And when they heard that, they lifted up their voice to God with one accord, and said, Lord, thou art God, which hast made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all that in them is:

25 Who by the mouth of thy servant David hast said, Why did the heathen rage, and the people imagine vain things?

26 The kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord, and against his Christ.

27 For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together,

28 For to do whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel determined before to be done.

29 And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word,

30 By stretching forth thine hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus.

31 And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5862 Feb 15, 2013
All roads will lead to the truth for the sincere heart.

And so many of us take the road which 'lies right' to us.

Believe your authorities as you will. My authority is the word of Truth which cannot be broken.
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5863 Feb 15, 2013
If you believe not the Shema, or what the orthodox Jew repeats twice a day for all of their days...

at least believe the First Command is binding.

For the Shema and the First Commandment out of the Ten Commandments are very closely related...

Deut 6:

shmo isral ieue alei*nu eiue achd u*aebth ath ieue alei*k b*ki -llb*k u*b*kl -nphsh*k
u*b*kl -mad*k

Hear you, Israel, YHWH elohim of us, YHWH one

and you love YHWH elohim of you all of heart of you, and all of soul of you, and all of utterly you.

First Command:

2 “I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.“You shall have no other gods before me.

Exodus 20:2-3
Deut 5:6-7

This God is ieue alei*nu (YHWH Elohim) and there is no other God.

Jesus being another being and a brother from another mother cannot be another God. Period.

When you made Jesus God you also made another God.
And by the way, broke the first command of the Ten.
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5864 Feb 15, 2013
That God can create a soul many times and each different is a miracle to us...

but that God can create his own soul AS A MAN is quite impossible...

as impossible as making the ocean and everything in it

as a drop in your bucket, you geniuses and scholars...

those who think they are quite rational beings.

To make the infinite something as finite as our flesh is more than a miracle. It happens to be the greatest contradiction known to man.

Think not? Show me a greater one. And I will stand down.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walkertown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sunshine littrell aka sunny (Jul '13) Apr 24 may 5
News Former Sheriff Gerald Hege Files to Run Again (Feb '10) Apr 22 Sherman 149
News Filling the Need: Orthodontist one of few who a... (Sep '06) Apr 21 sweet 1 336
I am looking for the best divorce attorney I ca... (Aug '13) Apr 17 calebhart54 10
michelle Apr 15 hello 1
Rt 66 car lot with silver wings. Apr 12 burned 1
stokes county militia criminals Apr 10 Shovelhead 3
More from around the web

Walkertown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]