Letters on Homestead Heritage: Community or cult?

Full story: Waco Tribune-Herald

For seven years, we've shared fence lines with members of Homestead Heritage on three sides of our land.
Comments
4,981 - 5,000 of 6,239 Comments Last updated Wednesday Jul 16
Little Red Hen

Fredericksburg, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

32 Christian -

Since you are new here, you may not be aware that "Baaah" is not mentally stable. Please go back and read the 100's of rambling posts he has written. Please also be aware that "Baaah" does not believe in the divinity of Jesus at all. He only believes (as do Jehovah's Witnesses) in the God of the Old Testament, basically. He has been on a rant for months now about how Jesus is most definitely NOT God nor any part of God. He consistently takes over threads and posts endless, tiring, pointless rants about things that only he cares about and "understands". His code word for his God-of-the-Old-testament-only belief system is "Shema" and he WILL go on about that.

You'd do best to ignore him, and not attempt to engage him in dialogue, if you value your own time.

Can I get a second on that, Mountain Rose? If you are still posting here?
Curious Observer

New Bedford, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

You'll ge a second from me,and I,m sure mountain Rose would agree.I hope 32 Christian Heeds your advise,and doesn't take the bait from Bahh.If Christian is looking for support there a many sincere and knowledgable christians on this site that will help.I,m sure we were all surprised to see Bahh rear his crazy head again,but not surpiseed to see the rambling on AGain & again.
Little Red Hen

Fredericksburg, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Thanks for the second, Curious Observer. I used to post quite a bit on here. But then Baaah's continues hijacking of the threads became very tiresome. Tiresome and time consuming. So I took a long hiatus.
Little Red Hen

Fredericksburg, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

I meant "continuous" hijacking, not "continues hijacking".
Mountainrose

Temple, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Little Red Hen wrote:
32 Christian -
Since you are new here, you may not be aware that "Baaah" is not mentally stable. Please go back and read the 100's of rambling posts he has written. Please also be aware that "Baaah" does not believe in the divinity of Jesus at all. He only believes (as do Jehovah's Witnesses) in the God of the Old Testament, basically. He has been on a rant for months now about how Jesus is most definitely NOT God nor any part of God. He consistently takes over threads and posts endless, tiring, pointless rants about things that only he cares about and "understands". His code word for his God-of-the-Old-testament-only belief system is "Shema" and he WILL go on about that.
You'd do best to ignore him, and not attempt to engage him in dialogue, if you value your own time.
Can I get a second on that, Mountain Rose? If you are still posting here?
You certainly can--you stated the situation very well. I post occcasionally, but not to him anymore--it's a waste of my time. It's a shame that he has done his best to ruin this forum. If his rants were taken off, the number of posts would decrease significantly.

Since: Dec 12

Killeen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

"Little Red", "Curious" and "Mountainrose": Thanks for the words! That was nice. Sorry for my slow response. I have been drinking coffee and watching football to bring in the new year. Is that a sin? Lol, just kidding...May God's Blessing be with you all in 2013!... Thanks for the heads-up on "Baah". NOW I understand. I don't think I will go back and read his past posts (i heard enough with his last). I will take your word on it "Little Red." If "Baah" refuses to believe that Christ is not what the Scriptures declare Him to be, there is not much hope for him. If you guys were not able to convince him, I am sure my words would have no effect.... I guess I am looking for support "Curious." Finding you people here talking about this has made me realize that I am not alone. I have had much struggle, loss and confusion after my "fellowship" years. But in the end, our God is faithful. He is not like a man that He should tell lies. I know that I am grounded in the real hope that we have in Jesus..... Lets keep talking..
janice alvear

Maceió, Brazil

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Wishing you folks a wonderful New Year full of the rich blessings from our Lord.

Killeen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

janice alvear wrote:
Wishing you folks a wonderful New Year full of the rich blessings from our Lord.
Thanks Janice. I wish you the best in the new year also..... Per your suggestion, I found those folks on facebook. Good idea there... I ended up getting shy and deleted the friend request before they accepted.(Isn't that pitiful?)... But the Crow family looks alive and well in the Lord. The pictures of the kids, who are now adults, where awesome.... But do you know about Doyle and Janet Borman? Couldn't find them on fb.

Killeen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

what's up with this "JUDGED" thing?... Is there not a "like" button here? LOL.. I guess I am accustomed to facebook....
Curious Observer

New Bedford, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Thank you Janice-and 32 Christian,though I am not a former HH member.I have many close relatives who were former members.I have great empathy and understanding of their struggles.Fortunately they had true christian hearted friends and relatives out here to help and guide them.Each persons story is very subjective-yet is is their story.Chapters in their book they can not rewrite---but they have gone forward writing new chapters,living full and fullfilling lives.I wish this for you,and as I said before there are wonderfull people here to help and support you in any way you need.
Mountainrose

Temple, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

32Christian wrote:
what's up with this "JUDGED" thing?... Is there not a "like" button here? LOL.. I guess I am accustomed to facebook....
The "Judge it" has the equivalent of like--with a wide variety of selections to choose to show your feelings, from very positive to very negative, actually more specific than "Like" on FB.

Killeen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Curious Observer wrote:
Thank you Janice-and 32 Christian,though I am not a former HH member.I have many close relatives who were former members.I have great empathy and understanding of their struggles.Fortunately they had true christian hearted friends and relatives out here to help and guide them.Each persons story is very subjective-yet is is their story.Chapters in their book they can not rewrite---but they have gone forward writing new chapters,living full and fullfilling lives.I wish this for you,and as I said before there are wonderfull people here to help and support you in any way you need.
:) I know thats true "Curious".. thanks for reminding me.... The PAST... thats one thing that can't be changed in the story of our lives, but there is always more chapters.. your relatives are lucky to have you..... Even though their story's are all "subjective," they are still very real.(That word "subjective" bothers me a bit)... I am glad they are writing new fulfilling chapters! There are so many great things ahead for us as Chritians.. Agree?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

32Christian wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks Janice. I wish you the best in the new year also..... Per your suggestion, I found those folks on facebook. Good idea there... I ended up getting shy and deleted the friend request before they accepted.(Isn't that pitiful?)... But the Crow family looks alive and well in the Lord. The pictures of the kids, who are now adults, where awesome.... But do you know about Doyle and Janet Borman? Couldn't find them on fb.
Happy New Year to you and everyone on this forum!
Letting you know that you won't find Doyle/Janet Borman in FB because they're still in HH. Most people who've left HH will, eventually, join FB, when they're ready as you probably can understand.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

janice alvear wrote:
The same goes for you, Janice and your family, too! Stay well!
Curious Observer

New Bedford, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Agree.I am the one who is blessed to have them my life again.So many years were lost when they could not have a relationship with their relatives outside of HH.,we are writing new chapters and creatng new and loving memories togeher.
Baaah

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Curious Observer wrote:
Agree.I am the one who is blessed to have them my life again.So many years were lost when they could not have a relationship with their relatives outside of HH.,we are writing new chapters and creatng new and loving memories togeher.
Muslims have 'loving memories'. Mormons have possibly more than thee.

What do these have to do with truth? Or the Opening Question?
Baaah

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Seriously, I'm not trying to be a stick in the mud, although it wouldn't hurt you ladies...

The first movie ever made by HH is all about making 'loving memories'. Is this true, that HH creates these smiling family faces, all lined up as children make children who eventually will make more children?

And is this the ideal and the Way? Is the main thing in life to make these? And does HH really make them?

And the one group who makes the most loving memories is not a cult?
I lived to tell the truth

Jackson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Jesus leaves the 99 to go after the one sheep. Read the four Gospels and you will find out the very nature and the heart of our LORD Jesus Christ.

HH forgets you very quickly as they fall back into their slumber of thinking they have more ‘light’ than any other church group.

What would Jesus do? NOT what HH does; that has been proven over and over again.

Killeen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

InLovingArms wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy New Year to you and everyone on this forum!
Letting you know that you won't find Doyle/Janet Borman in FB because they're still in HH. Most people who've left HH will, eventually, join FB, when they're ready as you probably can understand.
Wow! That is really a surprise to me. Thanks for the info.... Doyle was made an elder before I left. I wonder if he still is.. Do you know?.... Doyle and Janet were really neat people. Doyle always knew what to say.

Killeen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

I lived to tell the truth wrote:
Jesus leaves the 99 to go after the one sheep. Read the four Gospels and you will find out the very nature and the heart of our LORD Jesus Christ.
HH forgets you very quickly as they fall back into their slumber of thinking they have more ‘light’ than any other church group.
What would Jesus do? NOT what HH does; that has been proven over and over again.
VERY WELL SAID!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Walkertown Discussions

Search the Walkertown Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 1 hr WV Mountaineer 56,628
Meet up quickie? Wed The OG 6
Get Them All Jul 27 CaptObvious 5
Dog, team gone? (Sep '06) Jul 24 Venom 706
burning rubber in the cove Jul 24 Fine Job 5
Walnut Cove Town Hall Asleep on Job Jul 22 agreed 4
The Return of Jim Crow in North Carolina Jul 21 Uppercut 343
•••
•••
•••
Walkertown Dating

more search filters

less search filters