National Guardsman from Walker, Minn....

National Guardsman from Walker, Minn., killed in Afghanistan

There are 8 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Oct 12, 2009, titled National Guardsman from Walker, Minn., killed in Afghanistan. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

The Defense Department has announced the death of a soldier from Walker, Minn., in Afghanistan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

The Golf Guy

Kissimmee, FL

#1 Oct 12, 2009
What a shame we have to lose our young people. We can hope there is a reason, but I wonder.
SthMPLS

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Oct 12, 2009
RIP guys. You will be missed and never forgotten.
The rest of you keep your political BS to yourself.
badgerone

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Oct 12, 2009
A Nation which Forgets Its Defenders Will Itself Be Forgotten.My Prayers Are To Our Fallen Heroes.

Rest In Peace.

I agree that Political crap does not belong here.So keep that crap to your self.
citizen joe

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Oct 12, 2009
when can our heroes come home?
Vikings Fan

Rochester, MN

#5 Oct 13, 2009
True hero's of our great country! "Semper Fi"! and "Hu-Ya"! We are the best nation on earth!
Louise

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Oct 13, 2009
God Bless these young men and their families. May they rest in peace. Politics have no place in these comments. Out of respect for these wonderful, idealistic young people who gave their all, please refrain from making those kind of comments. Their families don't need to hear it. What they do need to hear is that because of the courage, commitment, idealism, selflessness and patriotism of the sons they raised, this world is a better place, even if we can't make sense of it right now. What is life, after all, but living up to our morals and ideals? These young people have exemplified that and we need to acknowledge their sacrifice without detracting it by using their tragic deaths as a political forum. Semper Fi. Huya. God Bless them, and please help their families as they deal with incomprehensible grief. I am sad beyond words for the loss of these lives, but I also believe that nothing happens without meaning.
The Golf Guy

Kissimmee, FL

#7 Oct 13, 2009
Where is the political stuff? I don't see any.
Louise

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Oct 13, 2009
The Golf Guy wrote:
Where is the political stuff? I don't see any.
o. k. it's actually on the other thread, with the other related story. Sorry. Both of the blogs pertain to the same story, and I was responding to some stuff on the other one. I was reading both stories, and was confused about with thread was which. Thanks for correcting me. I stand by my comments as they apply, however.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walker Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Murder at Leech Lake in the 1970s (Oct '12) Nov 22 wodness 2 74
News Cass Lake Man Accused Of Shooting At Man, Child (Mar '10) Sep '16 Midnitebis coming 163
News Brainerd man drowns in Gull Lake (Jul '08) Jul '16 Ginny 29
tract 33,, the good ole days (Feb '07) Apr '16 hey 34
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Minnesota ... (Oct '10) Jun '15 Richard Vickerman 17
News Indians feud over $2.4M loan (Feb '11) Apr '15 Notamused 3
News Positive housing trends seen in Cass County (Jan '13) Jan '13 Derrick Monroe 1

Walker Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Walker Mortgages