Judge dismisses lawsuit over alternat...

Judge dismisses lawsuit over alternative school

There are 2 comments on the WBRZ-TV Baton Rouge story from Dec 17, 2008, titled Judge dismisses lawsuit over alternative school. In it, WBRZ-TV Baton Rouge reports that:

A federal judge in Baton Rouge has dismissed a lawsuit against the Livingston Parish School Board, the state Department of Education and others over school policies that denied a student alternative schooling ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBRZ-TV Baton Rouge.

sara

Tampa, FL

#1 Jan 19, 2009
ok so im not a bad student im just misunderstood i have a stressful life right now and i have done things at school that met the critia of a refferal.my last refferal that was given to me was because i was constaly tardy for the same class and sleepin times a week in the same class .on the refferal the intructor of the class i gotten the refferal in had put i was constaly disruptive,tardy,sleeping,and not particapating in school work/assignments.my conduct grade was a 'c' and my academic grade was a 'f'.now if i was constaly disruptiove i doudt i would have a 'c' also on the referal the instructor circled he lowered my conduct grade meaning i had a 'b' in conduct before he wrote my refferal.i also had proof i was always particiapting in classwork/assignments because i had the weeks worth of assignment in my backpack.i dont understand why the instructor didnt tell the truth when he wrote my refarral when he knows im a good student jus a tired one.now that he wrote the refferal im schudeled for a court hearing and a possible change of placment all becouse he didnt tell the real truth.ill pray for him.im also into god and i pray every night for a change i just wasnt maiking the best choices at school.im might not be your straight 'a' student but i do not lie.

“Really? Really?”

Since: Apr 08

G'View

#2 Jan 19, 2009
Okay, there's so much wrong with this situation that I'm going to take it bit by bit.

"Swindle, now a sophomore, was expelled for 12 months after officials accused her of smoking marijuana with other students outside a dance in fall 2005."
Expelled for 12 months for getting high?! WTF? I understand that it's currently illegal, but it's not like the girl murdered a fellow student in the middle of the football field. What do you get if you're caught making out in the halls? Caning?

"Her parents tried to fight having her held back, home-schooling her and winning in court so she could take the LEAP test. Swindle passed it in the summer 2006."
I'm not sure what the LEAP test is, but I'm going to assume it's a competency/placement exam. If she passed it, then why is the school board being such dicks about it? Either the board is this stupid, or we're not hearing the whole story.

"After more wrangling in state court, while Swindle repeated eighth grade for the 2006-2007 school year, school officials reviewed her work but found she should not advance."
So wait, she passes the LEAP test, but not the year? Something's not right here. Why was she not allowed to advance? What does, "reviewed her work" mean? It seems to me that having taken the LEAP test, she should have an advantage over her fellow students. I'm not saying who's wrong, Morgan or the Board, but someone's not doing something right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walker Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Angry Black Students in Walker High School ? (Mar '17) Aug '17 Borderguard 4
News after a transgender woman (Sep '15) Aug '17 Tami Tenarife 3
Walker sluts nudes on skype Jul '17 mbrel 1
James Buie? (Jan '17) Jul '17 Old friend 2
News Jury convicts Bordelon of murdering girl (Jul '06) May '17 Faithdwnsouth 192
News 16-year-old drowns in Tickfaw River (Jun '09) May '17 Sandy Wallace 2
News Teenager drowns in Tickfaw river (Oct '09) May '17 Sandy Wallace 5

Walker Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Walker Mortgages