Drug testing for welfare recipients advances

May 12, 2011 Full story: The Advocate 32

John LaBruzzo, R-Metairie, right, is all smiles Wednesday after a House committee approved legislation he sponsored to require random drug testing of welfare recipients.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sheik Yerbouti

Pennington, NJ

#1 May 12, 2011
I see the time honored amerikan tradition of kicking a person while they're down continues in Louisiana!
Muffy

Pearland, TX

#2 May 12, 2011
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
I see the time honored amerikan tradition of kicking a person while they're down continues in Louisiana!
Why are you so opposed to drug testing ?
Sheik Yerbouti

Doylestown, PA

#3 May 14, 2011
How about drug testing politicians that come up with these insane ideas! I am opposed to drug testing because it clearly violates the fourth amendment. If you want to surrender your rights fine but don't surrender mine! Ever heard of the right to privacy muffy?
Muffy

Pearland, TX

#4 May 14, 2011
I say if your getting my tax dollars you should be tested, that is unless you have something to hide.
dixie

Denham Springs, LA

#6 Oct 5, 2011
Absolutely!
mia

Denham Springs, LA

#7 Oct 5, 2011
I'm totally for drug testing any one on any type of public assistance!
Temporary LP Resident

Kountze, TX

#8 Nov 18, 2011
I don't see a darn thing wrong with drug testing for assistance. Hell we have to drug test to work for our money why shouldn't they be to receive free money. I also feel like every case should be investigated in its entirety, rather than taking ones word for it. There are so many people out there that work for cash and use it for drugs, then use their foodstamps for food and sell the rest for their bills. How messed up is that? You wanna hollar about 4th amendent rights what about the rights of those who work it is not OUR job to support the lazy ass drug heads.
Temporary LP Resident

Kountze, TX

#9 Nov 18, 2011
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
First of all if you are gonna live in the Good ole USA the least you can do is learn how to spell correctly. American is how it should have been spelled. Second of all it is not about kicking someone while they are down it is about not enabling them to have easier access. Hell if they have the money to buy drugs then they they the money to buy food and neccesssities. Its about teaching people to get their priorities straight. The only people that have a problem with this is the ones who have addictions and frankly its their own darn fault they have addictions not mine or the fault of anyone who works.
Sheik Yerbouti

Pennington, NJ

#10 Nov 19, 2011
Boy Hitler and Stalin would have loved you people!

Since: Nov 11

Philadelphia, PA

#11 Nov 19, 2011
I am totally for drug testing welfare recipients. Temp. LP resident took the words outta my mouth
Mark 1169

Metairie, LA

#12 Dec 15, 2011
Temporary LP Resident wrote:
I don't see a darn thing wrong with drug testing for assistance. Hell we have to drug test to work for our money why shouldn't they be to receive free money. I also feel like every case should be investigated in its entirety, rather than taking ones word for it. There are so many people out there that work for cash and use it for drugs, then use their foodstamps for food and sell the rest for their bills. How messed up is that? You wanna hollar about 4th amendent rights what about the rights of those who work it is not OUR job to support the lazy ass drug heads.
...l see that Hitler is alive and well, in Lousiana...ha.
Mark 1169

Metairie, LA

#13 Dec 15, 2011
Right, l see that Hitler is alive and well in Lousiana...ha, what sellouts...
Jenkins333

Lawrenceburg, IN

#14 Feb 14, 2012
Yay I'll be so happy if they start drug testing our PEOPLE WHO GET GOVERNMENT MONEY Yes all of us who want a job have to be tested so why shouldn't the people who don't want to work Lets put our tax dollars to good use instead of enabling our citzens I was a single Mom and raised 2 children with no government assistance it can be done Our needs were met We just didn't have all the game systems,100.00 tennis shoes nd iphones our welfare recipents have To this day I can't afford a phone with internet and I work The unearned income needs to go also maybe our country can get out of debt if we cut all this free money out!!!!!!!!!
Timmy

Baton Rouge, LA

#15 Feb 14, 2012
How do I get welfare? I want some free money too.
civil servant

Denham Springs, LA

#16 Mar 25, 2012
I work for the government. Lots of rules & regs & policies about behavior, etc. Ard work with little or no privacy. We are always subject to random drug tests. And we WORK. No sitting on ass smoking, selling or buying crack. NOT FAIR! Free money? Test the bastards!!
Single moma

Denham Springs, LA

#17 Apr 12, 2012
I am a single mother who recently was able to get off of welfare because of a new job that I love. I say test these people, heck I don't mind. I know I don't do drugs and if you don't have something to hide then why are you scared? There are real people out there who do need help from time to time, but these people who use this welfare for illegal means need to be caught.
Susan

Baton Rouge, LA

#18 Apr 12, 2012
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
How about drug testing politicians that come up with these insane ideas! I am opposed to drug testing because it clearly violates the fourth amendment. If you want to surrender your rights fine but don't surrender mine! Ever heard of the right to privacy muffy?
I agree that politicians should be drug tested. But let me tell your ignorant ass something!! I have no damn choice when it comes to paying taxes. As long as you work..you pay taxes. So I have no rights when it comes to my hard earned being used for welfare folks. I believe I do HAVE A RIGHT for the people receiving my I have no choice money, to be drug tested before they get the hand out. YOU MORON
Lance

Baton Rouge, LA

#19 Apr 12, 2012
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
Are you even a legal citizen of the united state of america. I seriously doubt it or you would be able to spell AMERICAN. Go back to the shit hole you came from.
Sheik Yerbouti

Lambertville, NJ

#20 Apr 13, 2012
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#21 May 5, 2012
Muffy wrote:
I say if your getting my tax dollars you should be tested, that is unless you have something to hide.
You're saying, "You should be tested, that is unless you have something to hide." Muffy you are silly. But, I agree, those with something to hide shouldn't be tested.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walker Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
latest plan Nov 20 Zach 1
Mrs nickel cheating teacher at Levi Milton Nov 11 walkerz 3
Son with older woman (Dec '12) Nov 7 Nick 34
Russell Beall ??? Oct 30 mightaswelldenham 1
swimming along the amite river (Mar '07) Oct 30 LSUfan71 6
Nicholas Wright: 'I believe I'm the real deal' Oct '14 wnicholas70 7
Police: 4 arrested after 60 tires slashed in Li... Jun '14 Marlo 1
Walker Dating
Find my Match

Walker People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Walker News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Walker

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:20 am PST

Bleacher Report 8:20AM
Breaking Down Saints' Game Plan vs. Steelers
NFL 8:52 AM
When will Nick Foles return to play for Eagles?
Yahoo! Sports10:12 AM
Clowney could miss another game for Texans
ESPN10:50 AM
Texans' Clowney has 'a lot of pain' in knee
Bleacher Report11:29 AM
Texans' Clowney Has 'A Lot of Pain' in Knee