Writer Gretel Ehrlich explores global warming's effects on culture

Jan 1, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Fairbanks Daily News-Miner

The planet is warming, and it's doing it fastest in the North. Almost daily we learn of new studies showing that the Arctic that has existed unchanged for thousands of years is melting away before our eyes.

Comments
21 - 27 of 27 Comments Last updated Jan 23, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
SpaceBlues

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2012

Judged:

LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
More to the point, he discredits every issue he is trying to promote just by being so clueless, spamming on things like spelling or typos, and by misreading so much simple english.
Furthermore,it's at least the 4th time that stalking denier has been asked: Are you paid to post in Topix?

As you see in this thread, instead of answering the question, the stalking poster aka earthling attacks you and me et al! What a miserable loser!!
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2012

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Furthermore,it's at least the 4th time that stalking denier has been asked: Are you paid to post in Topix?
Well, that question is certainly argumentative if not incendiary anyway. I cannot blame him for not answering, just as I do not answer most of his 'provocations'.

I have discerned that he is from a 'well off' aristocratic family, and his primary motivation would seem to be a heavy investment in fossil fuel stocks.

The current debacle in the Straits of Hormuz would seem to be his 'payoff'. Of course, it is somewhat ironic that if he really succeeds in maintaining the monopolistic pricing of oil he may destroy the very economy that backs the fiat dollars he will get. And end up with less real wealth.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2012

Judged:

LessFactMoreHype, alias:
NobodyYouEverWantToKnow wrote:
That CO2 cannot be a 'pollutant'? Wrong. Anything CAN and IS a pollutant in a specific context. In this case, as a greenhouse gas causing 'thermal pollution' of the planet.
-
The point is really that the whole claim of 'CO2 is vital to life' and 'CO2 is plant food' promoted by Earthling is not so much that it is technically wrong, but that it is IRRELEVANT to the issue of CO2 as a 'thermal pollutant'. Agreed?
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/global-warmin...

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2012

Judged:

NobodyYouEverWantToKnow, alias:
LessFactMoreHype wrote:
Well, that question is certainly argumentative if not incendiary anyway. I cannot blame him for not answering, just as I do not answer most of his 'provocations'.
There's a subtle difference, but you probably haven't noticed.
NoFactAllHype wrote:
I have discerned that he is from a 'well off' aristocratic family, and his primary motivation would seem to be a heavy investment in fossil fuel stocks.
You "have discerned" nothing near to the truth, Mr Undoubtably Spelt Fourty.
NoFactAllHype wrote:
The current debacle in the Straits of Hormuz would seem to be his 'payoff'. Of course, it is somewhat ironic that if he really succeeds in maintaining the monopolistic pricing of oil he may destroy the very economy that backs the fiat dollars he will get. And end up with less real wealth.
ROFLMAO at a stupid Canuck who swears that forty is spelt with a U, that epistemologists compile dictionaries, that Samuel Johnson was an American, that ice calving is restricted by size, that, "the equator doesn't have season," that cars can be charged with road collisions, that Enercon install offshore wind generators, that vikings didn't know how to live in a warmer Greenland, that, "Deforestations is a consequence of AGW," that Alberta is a country, that, "insects and plants" don't qualify as species, that, "Scientific laws" aren't science, that predictions are just for astrologers, that ethanol is a very workable and effective solution, that America has two political parties, that, climate and weather are not 'linked', thinks 'nondenier' is a real word, that 'fruiting plants' are especially chosen by bees for, "polination," that we acted on CFCs in the 70s and that CO2 causes, "thermal pollution."

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2012

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Furthermore,it's at least the 4th time that stalking denier has been asked: Are you paid to post in Topix?
As you see in this thread, instead of answering the question, the stalking poster aka earthling attacks you and me et al! What a miserable loser!!
Which means the 4th time that alarmist have admitted that they cannot argue against what he is posting based on the science, logic, facts, or history.

You should be careful about talking about loosers considering the group your running with rarely wins.
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

test
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Tested well

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Wales Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Wales People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••