This needs to be top of the board
Your Daddy

Fort Smith, AR

#3 Apr 2, 2010
This needs to be top of the board
Your Daddy

Fort Smith, AR

#4 Apr 2, 2010
This is the kinf of man we want running the clerks office!
Go for it

Booneville, AR

#5 Apr 2, 2010
A lawsuit is coming :)
Robert

Booneville, AR

#6 Apr 2, 2010
Dennis at the Press Argus-Courier. He can misquote information so much he got in serious trouble. An example is the EMP Fire Dept. in Seb. Co. It stands for Excelsor/Milltown/Palestine, but he misquoted it
Denny boy equlas rapist

Booneville, AR

#7 Apr 2, 2010
He was accused of rape several years back, by a girl who was 15
Informer

Booneville, AR

#8 Apr 2, 2010
Be fair and show the entire list then:
James Forbes, Current County Judge, Sued by ex wife for not paying his child support in 2006, its in the clerks office.

Sheri Thompson and her husband sued for not paying $11,000 in unemployment taxes, and sued for not paying $28,000 in credit card bills. Its in the clerks office.

Chief Deputy Terry Staggs filing bankrupcty, just like his mother and father.

Treasurer Teresa Scantling not paying her last $400 water bill for James Fork, and then destroying the equipment. Just like her inlaw Johnny Ray Scantling shooting at a man, and like her husband Russell Scantling getting arrested for shooting a deer in a womans lawn. Its all documented.

And Just like Dennis McCaslin reported, Sheriff Cody Carpenter haing felony arrests. When will it end?
DogSmells

United States

#9 Apr 2, 2010
ha ha ha ha This is the same stuff Lenny use to say while in office. I am so glad he joined the group.
Fed Up

Fort Smith, AR

#10 Apr 2, 2010
You mean it's not okay to only tell just one side of the story...like the Watchdog has been doing for the past several months?

I haven't see ANY newspaper reporting on ANY of things in the past on the candidates except for the veiled accusations the Watchdog prints as "letters to the editor".

I talked to McCaslin yesterday and he said he absolutely made the statements attributed to him when talking about the sheriff, but they failed to mention that they took his statement out of context because he was talking about ALL of the candidates having stuff in their past and how it would serve no purpose to dredge it up at this point.

He also said he was addressing RUMORS about the sheriff's juvenile antics and was making the point that even if there had been a felony conviction, it would be sealed by the court and not available for him to report on.

You guys don't get it. He's being bombarded by both sides and when he tried to be fair and explain that to whoever he talked too, they took snippets of his conversation, used them out of context and tried to make it look like something it wasn't.

Let's see...if he dredges up the whole Arthur Older shot a homeless man over a hamburger bun thing, then he has to balance that out with the sheriff had a DWI when he was kid. He can write about McDaniel's conviction on McDaniel's for terroristic threatening, but then he probably needs to also write about Russell Scantling killing a deer on some woman's lawn, which really has NOTHING to do with the counbty treasurer.

It's never ending. He said he told both McDaniel and Long last week that he didn't intend to write anything else about the election until after the votes were in unless someone got arrested, got sued or got caught with their fingers in the cookie jar. He didn't even know about the new lawsuit involving McDaniel but he did say since it was a CURRENT development it might be newsworthy now, all things considered.

He said his comments about the sheriff not getting back in touch with them was more frustration than anything else, because since he has to have facts to write his stories and can't just sit around and make stuff up, he did get pissed because no one would return his calls. He talked about it with the county judge. He called Cody and talked about it with him. It was more miscommunnication than anything else.(Of course, had he thought lowlifes were going to record the conversation and then try to use it against him, he probably would have chosen his words more carefully.)

He said he's not worried about his credibility taking a hit (at least he had some to start with)and he's professional enough to handle all this in due time.

Bottom line. Ain't none of the Watchdog crew going to get enough votes to matter anyway.

So this is really all just bull manure anyway.
Jean

Booneville, AR

#11 Apr 3, 2010
you people are pathetic.
eric

Booneville, AR

#12 Apr 3, 2010
thats what happens when youre caught with your pants down
Poncho

United States

#13 Apr 7, 2010
Wonder if the watchdog will cover Lenny's story..Ha ha ha ha he he he he.....I love it....
Fed Up

Fort Smith, AR

#14 Apr 14, 2010
This is still on books at Scott County and has not been taken care off, despite what Lenny told McCaslin last week.....
I like peckers

Fort Smith, AR

#15 Apr 14, 2010
Am I Lenny or David?
Guess!
lol

Russellville, AR

#17 May 31, 2010
lol
Fed Up

Booneville, AR

#18 Jun 19, 2010
Back up to the top
Informed

Fort Smith, AR

#19 Jun 19, 2010
Robert wrote:
Dennis at the Press Argus-Courier. He can misquote information so much he got in serious trouble. An example is the EMP Fire Dept. in Seb. Co. It stands for Excelsor/Milltown/Palestine, but he misquoted it
Actually it is Excelsior/Mt Zion/Palestine. Milltown is east of Greenwood.

Sorry to nitpick, but you are trying to get things right.
Robert

Paris, AR

#20 Jun 21, 2010
I see the disgraced Craig D. Straight is trying to throw mud again, liar liar liar, that's all you will every be in this life is a tiny little liar, nobody wants to be around a liar!
lol

Clarksville, AR

#21 Jun 23, 2010
again
Robert

Dover, AR

#22 Jun 23, 2010
More coming on a certain constable candidate. soon...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waldron Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 22 min BARNEYII 36,245
Garage on Forrest Park Way 7 hr Sivkofit 1
Waldron walk in clinic May 25 Concerned citizen 1
Big mouthed jerks May 22 Anonymous 1
Review: Lawn Care Incorporated (Mar '14) May 19 Skywonder22 2
Question (Mar '15) May 19 Skywonder22 2
relocating to Mena (Sep '12) May 19 Skywonder22 2

Waldron Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance