Legalization of slots will tarnish O'...

Legalization of slots will tarnish O'Malley

There are 5 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Nov 9, 2008, titled Legalization of slots will tarnish O'Malley. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

With the slots amendment passed, Gov. Martin O'Malley may go down in history as the "Stardust governor" . This was the name of a well-known restaurant and slots emporium in Waldorf during the last period when ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

Broke Taxpayer

United States

#1 Nov 9, 2008
The boy mayor's name was tarnished the minute he started to run for public office. That's when the lies started, the lies just got bigger each time he ran for higher office.

What a bunch of sheeple, to beLIEve this piece of feces...
JMullen

Baltimore, MD

#2 Nov 9, 2008
O'Malley tarnished himself along time ago.

Sleaze, Democrats, Republicans, and our current political situation all go hand in hand.

The referendum just allows politicians to be able to say they didn't do it, the people did it.
Republican2

Baltimore, MD

#3 Nov 9, 2008
In the end, most of the money made from these machines will go to whatever Boy Governor and those idiots in the General Assembly want to spend it on. It seems one of their current pet projects is doing whatever they can to pander to the illegal aliens among us, so you can be sure they will give much to the Central American Solidiarity Association, which is calling a lot of shots in Maryland nowadays. CASA is affiliated with LaRaza, and gets funding from George Soros and Hugo Chavez. It is the Maryland equivalent of Moveon.org . The current secretary to the Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation, Thomas Perez, headed up CASA before Boy King appointed him secretary. CASA is big time intertwined with our current governor and lt. governor. My guess is they will get the lion's share of the take from slots.

What will happen to the areas affected by slots? Will Ocean City become like Atlantic City? How many families will be going to Rocky Gap? How long will it take organized crime to move in?
Mike

New York, NY

#4 Nov 10, 2008
nothing ends up tarnishing his image.

he could probably spend a day kicking puppies and people would "understand".

“Don't protect me from me!”

Since: Jul 07

Vienna, VA

#5 Nov 10, 2008
Mike wrote:
nothing ends up tarnishing his image.
he could probably spend a day kicking puppies and people would "understand".
Agreed! That's why they call him the Teflon Leprechaun!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waldorf Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Woman found pushing dead son, 3, in swing at Md... May 24 concerned 1
News Woman, 24, found pushing her DEAD three-year-ol... May 24 concerned 1
gangs May 23 tony 1
Debate: Marijuana - La Plata, MD (Feb '11) May 19 Chattan Haselden 14
Review: Evergreen Disposal Svc (Mar '11) May 6 Hollywood 34
News Waldorf, The Ghetto? (Jun '06) Mar '15 speee1dy 284
Pomfret Music Thread (May '12) Jan '15 Musikologist 17
More from around the web

Waldorf People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE