Old Line lends to those it knows

Old Line lends to those it knows

There are 5 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Nov 21, 2008, titled Old Line lends to those it knows. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

Bowie-based Old Line Bank has lent more than $200million to local homebuilders, hoteliers, auto repair shops, lawyers, homebuyers and landscapers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

Mike

Muskegon, MI

#1 Nov 21, 2008
Great story and good for them. They deserve to be congratulated for doing things the right way.
Ann

Cockeysville, MD

#2 Nov 21, 2008
If a job is worth doing, it is worth doing well. Kudos to this bank and they should be exempt from payng higher FDIC premiums. Something Congress should look at doing for those banks that operated in an upright manner.
James Hall

Redmond, WA

#3 Nov 21, 2008
Old Line Bank did it right.Don't loan to people who can't pay you back.Many were makeing their money off the loans and it didn't make any difference if it wasn't repaid.The loan was sold and thus became a headache for someone else.
EdA

Hunt Valley, MD

#4 Nov 21, 2008
No mention that the smaller banks typically were not sued or presured into making subprime loans like the larger banks were. For example, Barack Obama was involved in lawsuit filed by ACORN against Citi Corp to force the bank to make subprime loans to people who would not qualify for the loan otherwise.
Theodore Young

Centreville, VA

#6 Nov 25, 2008
I am a customer of Old Line Bank, and have been for several year. I can 100% agree that Old Line is a good bank. They take the time to know your business and the person. I am glad to have them on our team.
Theodore Young
Director of Operations
Pyramid Landscaping & Development
www.pyramiddev.com
[email protected]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waldorf Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Evergreen Disposal Svc (Mar '11) Tue jaykay 43
News Waldorf, The Ghetto? (Jun '06) Feb 3 Fred Berg 292
Landover Mall (May '06) Dec '16 Wall-E 13
Pomfret Music Thread (May '12) Nov '16 Musikologist 20
gangs (May '15) Nov '16 LEWIS 3
NSA sex for 55+ Ladies 55-75 Nov '16 Dexterdeb 1
Traffic Noise (Apr '16) Apr '16 Desperate for Quiet 1

Waldorf Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance