Motorcyclist Killed In Collision With Bus

Jul 21, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WRC Washington DC Channel 4

A motorcyclist was killed Monday evening after colliding with a charter bus on Leonardtown Road in Hughesville , police said.

Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated Aug 21, 2008
Nate C

Waldorf, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2008

From what my neighbor told em it was the busses fault...The bus was in a right turn only,and the bus turned left
BJR

Bowie, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2008

The Bus was in the left turn lane making a left turn.
JENNIFER

Mount Rainier, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2008

ANY CHARGES BEING BROUGT UPON THE BUS DRIVER?

“LUV FAM 1RST”

Since: Apr 08

Maryland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2008

I drove past the accident on my way to work the night it happened, and there isn’t any place for the bus to have made a left turn heading northbound on rt5. But if the bus was traveling south bound then he just as well could have been making a left, crossing the north bound lane and the bike ran into him. The lights out there aren’t very bright and I could see how the motorcycle driver wouldn’t have seen the bus as he rounded the blind turn.
NTB

Potomac, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2008

Nate C wrote:
From what my neighbor told em it was the busses fault...The bus was in a right turn only,and the bus turned left
I know the bus driver and he's a good man. Witnesses said that he came to a full stop before proceeding to make his turn. The motorcycly came out of nowhere at a very high rate of speed. My prayers go out to both families, this is an awful situation.
Chelle

Waldorf, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2008

My prayers go out to the family for their lost.
This particular intersection is very dangerous on Leonardtown Road. I was also involved in an accident at the same location last year. When is there going to be something done to help prevent accidents?
Waldorkian

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2008

Regarding commuter buses in general, I've ridden the Keller buses from Waldorf and found that some of those drivers are abominable, pusy, tailgaters that seem to get a kick out of puching cars down the road. Other drivers are very good, however, and could be the model for how bus drivers should behave. It's a toss up. Try one bus driver a day for a week and you may find a safe one.
I'd also like to point out the quite often, bus drivers will use the shoulder to pass slow moving traffic - something that only Emergency vehicles should do. Then again, lots of car drivers pass a bus and then take position in front of it while slowing dramatically... As to Waldorf drivers in general, bus, car, motorcycle, you name it - VERY Few actually stop at Stop signs, VERY Few use turn signals, and too many play with cell phones while drinking and adjusting their beer can hats.
Waldorkian

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2008

Correction - Make that 'abominable, PUSHY, tailgaters'... typo, sorry
Crystallive

Upper Marlboro, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2008

BJR wrote:
The Bus was in the left turn lane making a left turn.
Hello,
I was wondering if you witnessed the accident and saw the article in the paper on August 8th that reads:
State police seekwitnesses to fatal accident
The Maryland State Police La Plata barrack is seeking witnesses of a fatal accident between a motorcycle and charter bus.
The collision occurred on northbound Route 5 at Gallant Green Road at about 6:34 p.m. July 21. Anyone who witnessed the collision between a blue motorcycle and a Keller charter bus, or any of either vehicles’ movements before the collision is asked to call the Maryland State Police CRASH Team at

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Waldorf Discussions

Search the Waldorf Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Man Charged For Attempted Murder In Charles Co. (May '12) Tue 18thStCAsper 4
Review: Evergreen Disposal Svc (Mar '11) Jul 10 Lisa 29
Pomfret Music Thread (May '12) Jun '14 Eyal 14
Waldorf, The Ghetto? (Jun '06) May '14 Truth Hurtz 282
Preachers May '14 EarL 1
Woman Dies After Being Found Stabbed In Brandywine (Aug '09) May '14 Joan Scheve 37
Review: Car Mart Of Waldorf (May '09) Apr '14 Sentra 23
•••
•••
•••
Waldorf Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Waldorf Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••