Life for the PMC?

Life for the PMC?

There are 2 comments on the Daily Globe story from Oct 21, 2010, titled Life for the PMC?. In it, Daily Globe reports that:

With Bessemer and Wakefield-Marenisco moving into the Indianhead Conference for the 2011-12 school year, it was thought by many that the Porcupine Mountain Conference would fold with only Watersmeet and Ewen-Trout Creek left as conference members.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Globe.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#1 Dec 29, 2010
Good Ridens Bessemer. Have a great time in the Indianhead Conference. Wakefield-Marenisco's Athletic Director has a solution to save the PMC but Bessemer is stalling. Since they aren't original members fo the conference like E-TC and Watersmeet I recommend they be kicked out of the conference. E-TC will have no problems getting into a more competitive conference. Bessemer only left since they couldn't compete in boys basketball.
Matt

Rice Lake, WI

#2 Dec 30, 2010
There is no reason for any of those dinky schools up there to remain open. They are just getting swallowed up by bigger-better districts who can offer much better opportunities and resources to it's students.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wakefield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News This Day in U.P. Weather History May 14 Read more at SooT... 1
News Grace E. Nelson Nov '14 Linda Ash 1
News The Day Ontonagon Burned: August 25, 1896 (Aug '14) Oct '14 DGC 2
post office (Jul '14) Jul '14 jeffffey 1
News Bessemer Township looks to revamp area recreation (Jun '14) Jul '14 scottie 2
what happend to ramsay (Jan '14) May '14 Cathy Boleau Tepe 3
stay away fromramsay (Apr '14) Apr '14 jake hlversin 1
More from around the web

Wakefield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]