Kansas Right to Bear Arms Question, C...

Kansas Right to Bear Arms Question, Constitutional Amendment Question 1

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 7, 2010

3,514 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

swiss cheese

Junction City, KS

#4300 Jul 21, 2012
Everybody who goes to a public gathering should carry a gun, in case there`s some nut there carrying a gun.
sad day

Olathe, KS

#4301 Jul 21, 2012
who cares wrote:
What would of or could of happened in the shoting in Colorado if someone would have had a gun and shot this man who killed 12 people and fifty some shot? Well we will never know but as it stands that could have gave some or a lot of people a better chance.
It also would have added more bullets flying around in an environment that was dark, tear gas filled, smokey, and chaotic. Odds are that more people would have been hurt or killed.
Pissed Off American

Fort Scott, KS

#4302 Jul 21, 2012
In the U.S. between 2002 and 2007 182,761 people were killed by firearms.... 255,628 people were killed by automobiles, and people have the balls to say guns should be illegal! Let's push to outlaw automobiles since they are more deadly then firearms. I bet not 1 person would like that to happen even though the statistics prove which is more deadly. People would not want to give up the comfort of a car since it gets them where they want to go. How about this.... We do not want to give up the comfort of our firearms because they can keep us ALIVE!
Single Senior Female

United States

#4303 Jul 22, 2012
But for the fact that I have made it clear to others that I am armed and well prepared to use deadly force should the need arise, I would probably be dead by now.

Nobody will disarm me. Nobody. Got it?
door king

Corpus Christi, TX

#4304 Jul 22, 2012
However, 90 percent of those who die from gunshots were deliberately targeted. Is there a single gunprick out there who understands why the car/gun analogy is a false comparison? Nothing however could illustrate better the multi-layered miscomprehensions of life and statistics gun goons regularly swallow to believe what they do.
Single Senior Female

United States

#4305 Jul 22, 2012
door king wrote:
However, 90 percent of those who die from gunshots were deliberately targeted. Is there a single gunprick out there who understands why the car/gun analogy is a false comparison? Nothing however could illustrate better the multi-layered miscomprehensions of life and statistics gun goons regularly swallow to believe what they do.
Are you saying I am a "gun goon", sir? Try breaking down my locked door, and we'll see if you get those words out of your mouth.
I need my weapon. That's all I'm saying. I NEED it.
Single Senior Female

United States

#4306 Jul 22, 2012
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
a translation by Thomas Jefferson.
X Obama Supporter

Coffeyville, KS

#4307 Jul 23, 2012
An armed nation is a free nation - translation from George Washington.
redmen

Tulsa, OK

#4308 Jul 23, 2012
Now that we've had another massacre-Colo the defenders and opponets of guns laws will be in abundance....people kill guns don't kill. Well, just think and admit is sure makes it the easiest way to kill a mass of people. just load up and start shooting, evenything is ready for hte user, boombs take time and effort to build, knives,wouldn't do much towards mass killing, nor a hammer, rock,bow and arrows etc etc so guns would be the best choice and easiest way to go into a mivie theater etc and kill a mass of people.So lets strap agun on everybody , I can see it now in big cities in hot traffice jams and tempoers short, pull out a gun a shoot somebody,Gangs already use that avenue to settle difference or hate rather than a good ole fist fight and be done with it......lets just shootem up- that's the easiest way.
Here's a quote to think about...." Here in America your right to a gun is inviolable, but your right to a healthy enviroment,health care and a job...is NOT"
what a turn on

Junction City, KS

#4309 Jul 23, 2012
Single Senior Female wrote:
But for the fact that I have made it clear to others that I am armed and well prepared to use deadly force should the need arise, I would probably be dead by now.
Nobody will disarm me. Nobody. Got it?
Are you hot ? Tough chicks are a turn on !
what a turn on

Junction City, KS

#4310 Jul 23, 2012
<quoted text>

I NEED it.
I do too, baby. Ben Franklin said "All cats are gray in the dark." Let`s hook up !
Single Senior Female

United States

#4311 Jul 23, 2012
what a turn on wrote:
<quoted text>Are you hot ? Tough chicks are a turn on !
Maybe. I got carded today.
Single Senior Female

United States

#4312 Jul 23, 2012
what a turn on wrote:
<quoted text>I do too, baby. Ben Franklin said "All cats are gray in the dark." Let`s hook up !
OK. So, now that I've read this, I can see that you are just a silly 13 year old. And stoopid. Let's not forget - stoopid. Go tell your mamma she's calling you.
granny love

Junction City, KS

#4313 Jul 23, 2012
<quoted text>
OK. So, now that I've read this, I can see that you are just a silly 13 year old. And stoopid. Let's not forget - stoopid. Go tell your mamma she's calling you.
You`re too old to be a cougar and I`m too old to be cougar bait.
CRWTB

United States

#4314 Jul 23, 2012
door king wrote:
Re: Aurora. Another great day for gunphucks.
You have called me several names on this thread, so I'm going to call you one. You dude/dudette are a damn pitiful idiot. I am 60 years old, own over 30 guns, have owned and handled guns since I was big enough to hold one up. I have 3 vehicles, at least 2 guns in each one, sometimes 3-4, and sometimes one in my pocket or under my shirt or both. I have never shot anyone, shot at anyone, pulled a gun on anyone, or threatened anyone, so don't put me in the some class as this bastard in colorado. All you need to kill somebody is a plan. Nineteen people committed the biggest mass murder in US history and never fired a shot on 9-11. Bottom line, I don't think 80 million law abiding citizens should give up their right because of a handful of nuts.

unauthorized_use r

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#4316 Aug 10, 2012
And once again the great and wonderful government has proven that life would just be better if they stay the f@#$ out of the way. First in 69 they proved they can't build a car right with some pile of crap that would have made Yugo proud and now they can't even set up an arms sting right with fast and furious. Should guns be taken from the people or should they just be taken from the U.S. Gov?

“"Go to Jesus and turn left." ”

Location hidden

#4317 Aug 10, 2012
"A free people ought not ony to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from 'any' who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."

George Washington

unauthorized_use r

Location hidden

#4318 Aug 10, 2012
The Sultan of Swing wrote:
"A free people ought not ony to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from 'any' who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
George Washington
http://www.guncite.com/journal s/dowrkba.html
As stated in chapter 2 in this [Copyright 1982 Oklahoma City University Law Review. Originally published as 7 Okla. City U. L. Rev. 177-241 (1982). For educational use only. The printed edition remains canonical. For citational use please obtain a back issue from www.okcu.edu/law/lrissue.htm ]
door king

Corpus Christi, TX

#4319 Aug 11, 2012
Another false quotation, ho effing hum.

“"Go to Jesus and turn left." ”

Location hidden

#4320 Aug 11, 2012
The Sultan of Swing wrote:
George Washington
I found this quote to be false after further research and my apologies to whomever I may have inadvertently effected with this error. In my defense I did find it in more than one reputable article. In no way was it an attempt to deceive.

If we as a people allow our government to take our weapons we have done as much damage as removing the the strong beak and talons from the Bald Eagle. The right to bear arms does not now nor when written apply only to a 'well regulated militia.' It is the right of every American to bear arms. These qoutes can be seen at http://www.hematite.com/dragon/2ndQuotes.html .

"Certainly one of the chief guarantees of freedom under any government, no matter how popular and respected, is the right of citizens to keep and bear arms.... The right of citizens to bear arms is just one guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America but which historically has proven to be always possible. "

-- Senator Hubert H. Humphrey

"To disarm the people (is) the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

-- George Mason 3 Elliot, Debates at 380

"... of the liberty of conscience in matters of religious faith, of speech and of the press; of the trail by jury of the vicinage in civil and criminal cases; of the benefit of the writ of habeas corpus; of the right to keep and bear arms.... If these rights are well defined, and secured against encroachment, it is impossible that government should ever degenerate into tyranny."

-- James Monroe

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

WaKeeney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dairy Queen (Jul '16) Jul '16 guest 2
local militia (May '12) Sep '12 anonymous 3
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kansas (Di... (Oct '10) Jan '11 Osama bon Jovi 20
Tv Reception (Dec '10) Dec '10 View Screen 2
News WaKeeney teen dies in rollover (Jun '10) Jul '10 Western Kansas 2
comming to town (Aug '09) Aug '09 Kentucky boy 1
Marla Zahn (Nov '08) Jul '09 marla 19

WaKeeney Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

WaKeeney Mortgages