Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#11482 May 25, 2012
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text> Yes that counts. My point is Obama sat in Rev Wright's congregation and listened, absorbed, sang in jubilee, etc...
Had I been in either pulpit, I would've gotten up and walked out, as Obama should've, wouldn't you?
You cannot know if Obama was even paying attention. You cannot know if he was jubilant. You do not know if he was singing.
You do not know what sermons he heard.
And again, I have heard none from Wright that were anything near as bad as Worley's.
The Truth

AOL

#11483 May 25, 2012
TSF wrote:
How could anyone accuse Un-- truth of being a Nazi after all his benevolent trips into the projects taking food to the BBs and black thug Nixxers? Do you not see that he and Rev Worley are just trying to improve society with tough love?
Of the four main liberals on this forum, the "fool" is the only one who gets it. It IS all about tough love. People need to be helped with food, support, and finances when things go awry. They do NOT need to be enabled to live their ENTIRE lives in that predicament.

The other liberals, "Arnie", "Mikey", and "SS" believe it is a lifetime right to receive everything one needs without that person having to expel ANY effort to receive it.

That is the prime difference between liberals and conservatives. Liberals are takers. Conservatives are givers. Liberals have no money of their own to give for their "projects" so they take it from others who have worked for it. Conservatives are forced to "give" what THEY work for whether they wish to or not.
The Truth

AOL

#11484 May 25, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I would agree, but you made it sound as if someone wealth was an indicator of his good choices. I just pointed out that wealth can be made through bad choices also. Bad to others. And in that way, they are likely to not have true happiness.
Another classic "Mikey" post accentuating the negative in life.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#11485 May 25, 2012
TSF wrote:
Earlier, I inaccurately accused JP Morgan of losing $2 Billion dollars in derivative trading in just 6 weeks. It turns out that the number is actually somewhere between $3 Billion dollars and $5 Billion dollars. It also turns out that there are over
$20,000,000 reasons why congress will not regulate Morgan. They gave R Richard Shelby $72,950, they gave R Bob Corker (Tn)$61,00, they gave R Mike Caprio $33, 982. they gave D Tim Johnston $38.995, they gave D Mark Warner $108,000, on and on and on up to $20 million dollars total. Also, it turns out that 38 members of congress are major JP Morgan stockholders. Its 2008 all over again
Yes, and they also gave Obama $808,709.00 in 2008.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#11486 May 25, 2012
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding?
Ziff would have been dancing in the aisles trying to get the congregation to have more babies to get more checks.
That's our Arnie!
Is that what Wright was preaching? I missed that one.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#11487 May 25, 2012
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Another classic "Mikey" post accentuating the negative in life.
So pointing out the rich are not all happy and have made good choices is wrong to do? You guys prop them on pedestals as if they were saints and all should try to be like them. I am just pointing out how wrong you are.

Maybe you just need to take those rose colored glasses off as you look at the rich.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#11488 May 25, 2012
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
So you support mothers' who have children JUST to receive another check?
That would explain much.
By the way, Mikey, please list points I have made which are bigoted. You make a flippant comment, but I notice any evidence to support your comment is glaringly absent. This appears to be your M.O.
You wish to not give equal benefits to homosexuals.
You took a self proclaimed victory lap because homosexual married couples would receive health insurance benefits.
But because of your bigoted ideas about homosexuals, you wish to keep that benefit from them.
How did you forget this already?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#11489 May 25, 2012
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Of the four main liberals on this forum, the "fool" is the only one who gets it. It IS all about tough love. People need to be helped with food, support, and finances when things go awry. They do NOT need to be enabled to live their ENTIRE lives in that predicament.
The other liberals, "Arnie", "Mikey", and "SS" believe it is a lifetime right to receive everything one needs without that person having to expel ANY effort to receive it.
That is the prime difference between liberals and conservatives. Liberals are takers. Conservatives are givers. Liberals have no money of their own to give for their "projects" so they take it from others who have worked for it. Conservatives are forced to "give" what THEY work for whether they wish to or not.
I see you forget I advocate work for government money. Mainly when it becomes a life long thing.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#11490 May 25, 2012
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
And there are many liberals making money that goes to the pot.
Bill Gates and the whole of Hollywood do so without the whining and stomping of feet.
Of course, there are many more. But of course you just have some warped view of the reality. Not all people who earn a lot of money are republicans.
The Truth

AOL

#11491 May 25, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I see you forget I advocate work for government money. Mainly when it becomes a life long thing.
A noble sentiment. I salute your stance.
The Truth

AOL

#11492 May 25, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>And there are many liberals making money that goes to the pot.
Bill Gates and the whole of Hollywood do so without the whining and stomping of feet.
Of course, there are many more. But of course you just have some warped view of the reality. Not all people who earn a lot of money are republicans.
Why do Gates, Baldwin, et al not give half (or more) of their money to the poor to set an example for the rest of us.

If only the liberals would walk the walk instead of just talking the talk, we could solve our entire debt problem. Why don't you be the first and give half of your earnings to the homeless or to those living in the projects? This would be a fine start to a new liberal way.
The Truth

AOL

#11493 May 25, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You wish to not give equal benefits to homosexuals.
You took a self proclaimed victory lap because homosexual married couples would receive health insurance benefits.
But because of your bigoted ideas about homosexuals, you wish to keep that benefit from them.
How did you forget this already?
You are incorrect.(Imagine that?!!!)

If homosexuals wish to form a partnership, they are welcome to form a civil union. It is my personal belief the word, "marriage", should be reserved for the union of a man and a woman.

I know....I know...That is an old-fashioned and outdated sentiment.

(At least I have not gotten to the point of calling people "Nazi's" and "Nixxers" yet.)

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#11494 May 25, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>And there are many liberals making money that goes to the pot.
I don't think so. Looks like Sean Penn was not only mad at his peeps, but the whole f---ing world.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/18/sean...

He did raise money after his hissy fit, but not the kind I would have expected from those in Hollywood that give to the pot and don't whine.

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#11495 May 25, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think so. Looks like Sean Penn was not only mad at his peeps, but the whole f---ing world.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/18/sean...
He did raise money after his hissy fit, but not the kind I would have expected from those in Hollywood that give to the pot and don't whine.
Well if you are gonna pitch a hissy fit I guess that's a good reason.he made a good point.

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

#11496 May 25, 2012
Here is a universal truth:

"Whatever we subsidize we get more of.

Progressives subsidize poverty. They pay people to remain poor and dependent because they need the votes of poor and dependent people to continue to steal money from the tax payers who's income steams usually started by doing the menial work that progressives now condemn as racist. Remember when Gingrich said the poor should demand jobs not food stamps and young black men could get janitor jobs? He was labeled a racist.

America has become a society where it is more noble to take Americas money at gunpoint than start by taking the menial work needed to create ones own wealth.

The only way to break this cycle of decline, ruin, envy and collapse is to see it for what it is and not be afraid to say so." - Bill Whittle.

“Seek Light”

Location hidden

#11497 May 25, 2012
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
A noble sentiment. I salute your stance.
By the way old Mike did come up with a good idea there.In fact I think its a great idea.just likeI thought Stowe had a great idea regarding the elimination of taxes on corporations.guess that makes me a conserveral.or a liberative.i'm so confused....

“Seek Light”

Location hidden

#11498 May 25, 2012
The Enemy Within wrote:
Progressives subsidize poverty. They pay people to remain poor and dependent because they need the votes of poor and dependent people to continue to steal money from the tax payers who's income steams usually started by doing the menial work that progressives now condemn as racist. Remember when Gingrich said the poor should demand jobs not food stamps and young black men could get janitor jobs? He was labeled a racist.
America has become a society where it is more noble to take Americas money at gunpoint than start by taking the menial work needed to create ones own wealth.
The only way to break this cycle of decline, ruin, envy and collapse is to see it for what it is and not be afraid to say so." - Bill Whittle.
Being a citizen should be a thing earned not given.The writer Robert Heinlein is the first person I heard advance this idea.I have never truly valued a thing that I did not work for.

“Seek Light”

Location hidden

#11499 May 25, 2012
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You are incorrect.(Imagine that?!!!)
If homosexuals wish to form a partnership, they are welcome to form a civil union. It is my personal belief the word, "marriage", should be reserved for the union of a man and a woman.
I know....I know...That is an old-fashioned and outdated sentiment.
(At least I have not gotten to the point of calling people "Nazi's" and "Nixxers" yet.)
Civil Unions could be a solution out of this mess.My guess is...and I have no basis for this its just a hunch..my guess is is that civil unions would also not pass muster with the voters of North Carolina.
The Truth

Knoxville, TN

#11500 May 25, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Civil Unions could be a solution out of this mess.My guess is...and I have no basis for this its just a hunch..my guess is is that civil unions would also not pass muster with the voters of North Carolina.
I disagree, Waco.

For the most part people are seeking peace. This would be a peaceful solution to a very contentious problem. Although it would raise my taxes (higher health care costs for government employees), I would support a civil union amendment.

I believe the state of NC will eventually support such a measure. It will be interesting to note how the extremist on both sides respond. I eagerly await the liberal consortium's caustic response.
The Truth

Knoxville, TN

#11501 May 25, 2012
The Enemy Within wrote:
Be aware! Our old friends, the liberals of Lenoir, will NEVER go for this. They wish to see the welfare recipients stuck right where they are with no change and no accountability. You will hear back quickly and harshly from them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wake Forest Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you need urgent and legitimate loan (May '13) Jul 25 Mr Thomas 20
Robert Daniel Letts (AKA) Robbie Jul 25 Melissa davis 1
Buh Bye all you IBM Employees (Feb '11) Jul 24 Resource Action 74
Joe Ovious and For Profit Colleges (Nov '14) Jul 24 Exposing Joe 7
Great News For Rich People (Dec '10) Jul 23 The Good Father 6
Long Live The Rich (Mar '11) Jul 23 Tycoon 12
News More Jun '15 Novus Ordo Seclorum 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wake Forest Mortgages