In Indiana, Obama declares stimulus i...

In Indiana, Obama declares stimulus is working

There are 94 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Aug 5, 2009, titled In Indiana, Obama declares stimulus is working. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Reporting from Wakarusa, Ind. - President Obama returned today to this economically hard-hit stretch of northern Indiana for the fourth time in 15 months, proclaiming that the government's economic stimulus program is working and has begun to switch gears from rescue to recovery.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
2012Cant Wait

Chesterfield, MO

#83 Aug 5, 2009
PistolPete wrote:
<quoted text>
So bitter my crotchety republican friend. Who are the commies you are speaking of?
These are not government positions being created, these are grants given to the private sector which as you stated is already in the process of developing bettery technology. Government grants are given out all the time, some things more useful than others. In your opinion is there anything this admin can spend money on without incurring your wrath? People whine that he is not doing enough to create jobs, and then whine when he tries to do something about it.
I see you have nothing to say in regards to the trillions spent on our attempt to discover WMDs? Yes TRILLIONS wasted...you poeple want to complain about where the jobs are and wasted spending. Start there.
With regards to Afhganistan, again a war started by the last administration, I agree we should pull out from there too. But we actually have legitmate reasons for being there. Osama bin Laden was responsible for 9/11...not Saddam Hussien or any Iraqi.
The commie friends of Obama would be China. I know, it's hard to keep track given the company the idiot keeps.

Spending grant money so companies can employ a few Phd's is not economic stimulus and it will be a decade or more before it creates meaningful numbers of manufacturing jobs, if ever. Government grants for research may provide some long term net benefit for the economy but only a liar could call it a stimulus. I would be happy if the fool just stopped trying to "stimulate" the economy because it is obvious he despises capitalism when it gets in the way of his political ambitions. When the majority of stimulus money goes to bail out states and for social welfare programs it is clear the idiot in chief isn't interested in reducing unemployment anyway.

As for war, how is an eight year campaign to find one guy, who isn't even Afghani, legitimate? Especially given that virtually everyone thinks he isn't in Afghanistan.

I have one thing to say about the trillion wasted in Iraq, why did virtually every Dem vote to go to Iraq and still continue to fund the war? Maybe you can explain how wasting one trillion in Iraq justifies wasting 4 times that amount in six months.

The fool claims that the stimulus is working with less than 10% of the funds having actually been spent. Meanwhile every important economic indicator is in the dumps.
2012Cant Wait

Chesterfield, MO

#84 Aug 5, 2009
PistolPete wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in the article or anywhere else did he say "Mission Accomplished"? or are you just talking your a..? Thought so.
First sentence:

President Obama returned today to this economically hard-hit stretch of northern Indiana for the fourth time in 15 months, proclaiming that the government's economic stimulus program is working ....

I didn't put anything in quotes. The fool is lying to people to get them to believe that by saying the "program is working" he means things are getting better.

You are so gullible my friend.
Yes We Did

Sioux City, IA

#85 Aug 5, 2009
Where were you cry babies when Bush put this country into this mess? We, people with reason, put up with a president that could not put more than three words together during his entire presidency. Now, only six months into a 4 year term you racist hate mongers just can not stand it. As Bill Mahar said so very well, "I did not say all republicans are racists, I said all racists that I know are republicans".
Crying about pork spending is ridiculous, anyone with high school economics would tell you that what stimulates the economy is putting money back into it. I makes no difference what it is spent on so long as it is circulated.
Just put on your white sheets, burn your cross and shave your head. It will do more for your cause than attempting to write intelligently.

Alz

Since: Oct 08

Chicago

#86 Aug 5, 2009
Brian wrote:
<quoted text>
You can thank George W. for those layoffs Anne.
On the other hand, myself and hundreds of others in my field can thank Obama for our jobs. The stimulus created a demand for my civil works job.
People need to look at the bigger picture. You can't look at Elkhart's unemployment rate and say "Well, Obama must be a crappy president and a failure." Elkhart is a failure in economic diversity. When an entire city's economy is based off ONE thing (Rec. vehicle manufacturing), that economy is obviously fragile.
That's wrong. People and companies look FORWARD. And the future doesn't look bright with liberals running things.

Sure, Bush was contributory to the problems, but the housing mess - which was the fuel for all of this - was caused by Democrats.

Alz

Since: Oct 08

Chicago

#87 Aug 5, 2009
Yes We Did wrote:
Where were you cry babies when Bush put this country into this mess? We, people with reason, put up with a president that could not put more than three words together during his entire presidency. Now, only six months into a 4 year term you racist hate mongers just can not stand it. As Bill Mahar said so very well, "I did not say all republicans are racists, I said all racists that I know are republicans".
Crying about pork spending is ridiculous, anyone with high school economics would tell you that what stimulates the economy is putting money back into it. I makes no difference what it is spent on so long as it is circulated.
Just put on your white sheets, burn your cross and shave your head. It will do more for your cause than attempting to write intelligently.
You're ignorant.

You said "I makes no difference what it is spent on so long as it is circulated." Duh, a huge chunk of the "stimulus" went to Medicaid and the like. It DOES matter.

As for Bush, what you are complaining about is how much he spent. Obama's deficit is FOUR or FIVE TIMES the size of Bush's. I guess you're really angry at Obama, huh?
2012Cant Wait

Chesterfield, MO

#88 Aug 6, 2009
Yes We Did wrote:
A lot of repubs were just as upset that Bush had a spending habit he couldn't break. The new fool in the white house makes him look like a piker. Maybe you take college economics because you little high school view of the world is as stupid as the idiot in chief's.

Breaking windows puts a lot of people to work but someone still has to pay to replace the window. Your facist leader has done a fine job of brain washing you brownshirts. Call us racists if it makes you feel better but I hated Jimmy Carter when he pulled this crap in the 70's and I'm calling out this facist now.
Token Black

Yucaipa, CA

#89 Aug 6, 2009
"Obama declares stimulus is working"

ROFLMAO

This is what you get when you waste your vote on a novelty.
EdEddyEddin

Warsaw, IN

#90 Aug 8, 2009
What The F wrote:
Like the "stimulus" is going to fix forty years of shipping jobs overseas. The only person dumber than Obama is me. I voted for that fraud.
that makes you a f*c*ed up n**ger
loving homey scumbag piece if sh*t
have a good day mate
J Myers

Columbia City, IN

#91 Aug 15, 2009
Daryl wrote:
The stimulus is working? What is this, a sick Democrat joke? Eighteen (18) percent unemployment in the Elkhart area; nationwide, 6 MILLION more people have gone on food stamps in the past year (Dept. of Agriculture); 4 million people have lost their jobs since Obama took office; consumer spending, except for gasoline, is DOWN; and the only evidence of the "stimulus" is a dopey auto "clunkers for cash" program that went to wealthy people able to buy a car, while poor people must make do with their old clunkers. Obama won't even talk about cutting corporate and personal taxes, which WOULD stimulate the private economy. Instead, everyone will get a large tax INCREASE next year when he lets the Bush tax cuts expire. No wonder the American people are incensed.
Yeah I agree with you, and why don't they "Bail out" the people instead of Banks and Dealerships? Giving us big money to spend would boost the economy a whole lot faster and by the way, wasn't this country founded to by "For the people and BY the people and the government was just to insure that it stays that way?????
Johnny

United States

#92 Aug 16, 2009
Our great and mighty savior His Majesty Borrak Oblahblah, in his infinnite wisdom is going bring about change, and turn this country around.....
Weel with the change he's bringing us, I get more bennifit from the change I find under my couch cushions, and I actually get to keep some of that, untill he enacts a couch change tax to cover his wetback health plan. The thought of spending my money to cover pedro's babies while I can't even afford a bottle of asprin flat out PI$$ES me off, and I aint the only one. I know that a large portion of the troubles we are going thru were here before he was shoved down our throaghts, but he can only use that excuse fo so long. If this new health care bill passes I'm guessing there will be a mass migration of people from mexico to the US. If the mexiricans like him so damn much, why the hell didn't he run for president of mexico.

Since: Apr 08

Lake In The Hills, IL

#93 Aug 16, 2009
In Illinois, Obama declairs he's usless, and he is.
mike

Cordele, GA

#94 Aug 23, 2009
CDM wrote:
All politicians lie - at least we're not starting any more illegal wars.
check on the congressional vote on going into your "illegal" war...remember the o;ne Kerry did vote for then he didnt....you are an axx kissing fool who voted for an inexperienced novelty
Elkhart Resident

Elkhart, IN

#95 Aug 26, 2009
It's not just Obama everyone... it's all policians. They've been tearing this coutnry apart for years and it's finally beginning to crumble and show. They line their own pockets, the pockets of their contributors, family and friends and leave the rest of America to cope with whatever problems are created as a result. This is nothing new, nor will it change if we the people don't rise and take this country back. It's not about which party is to blame (Democrats or Republicans) because they've all failed us. 95% of elected officials are either crooks or incompetent and it's time they be held accountable.
wildcat

Fedscreek, KY

#96 Oct 25, 2009
U think it is working? Thats a joke. Obama said if stimulus was Not passed unemployment would be at an all time high.If it was passed and it was,everything would be ok,unemployment rates would not be high.You Indiana idiots voted for him,what did it get you? Are you ashamed? I bet you don't still have the Obama change bumpersticker. Are you riding around proud of your President that bows to other leaders? You guys in Indiana wanted CHANGE, The only Change you will have is whats left in your pocket after he is done with you. I'm Proud to say I did Not vote for him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wakarusa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Missing girl? Aug 16 Concerned 1
News Immigration agents make 39 arrests in Elkhart C... (Sep '08) Jul '16 Go Blue Forever 50
News The Latest: Cruz to hang in as long as he has '... May '16 A Tear For Ted 1
News Furnace repair techs working over time (Jan '15) Jan '16 Chinook Heating 4
A must see video (Jan '16) Jan '16 concerned 1
Immigration (Jul '08) Aug '15 Larry Cochrane 2
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Indiana (D... (Oct '10) Aug '15 CorruptionKiller 35

Wakarusa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wakarusa Mortgages