Pres. Obama to focus on economy in Ind.

Pres. Obama to focus on economy in Ind.

There are 7 comments on the WLFI-TV West Lafayette story from Aug 3, 2009, titled Pres. Obama to focus on economy in Ind.. In it, WLFI-TV West Lafayette reports that:

The White House says President Barack Obama will talk about the economy when he travels to the northern Indiana town of Wakarusa on Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLFI-TV West Lafayette.

hillow

Bradenton, FL

#1 Aug 3, 2009
Waw! free love seat?:-0

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Kansas City, KS

#2 Aug 3, 2009
Focus on the economy? Obama? LOL! Bankrupting us is a poor focus!

Which Fat Cat Corporation is getting another Tax Payer Bail Out?

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Kansas City, KS

#3 Aug 3, 2009
ABC’s Stossel Slams Socialized Medicine, Finds Obama Expressed Interest in Single Payer System

August 1, 2009 - 01:28 ET

On Friday’s 20/20 on ABC, co-anchor John Stossel exposed the flaws in the Canadian and British government-run health care systems, and even showed viewers a clip of President Obama as he once expressed a belief that single-payer health care would be an acceptable system, even while taking the position that he would not pursue it, during one of the Democratic party presidential debates in 2008. During the January 21, 2008, debate on CNN, Obama said:

OBAMA: "It's fine for us to have a debate about how the best way to get there is, but to suggest somehow that I'm not interested in having everybody covered, or to suggest, as Hillary just did, that I was in favor of single payer, I never said that we should try to go ahead and get single payer.

What I said was that if I were starting from scratch, if we didn't have a system in which employers had typically provided health care, I would probably go with a single-payer system."

During the six-minute, 20-second segment, Stossel informed viewers of the long waits patients must endure in countries with government-run health systems – like Canada and Britain.

He recounted that some patients – including world leaders and wealthy celebrities – come to America for treatment of serious conditions, and relayed the case of one Canadian woman who came to America to treat a clogged artery whose American doctor told her she would not have survived waiting a few more weeks for Canada's government health care.

Additionally, Stossel found that even patients waiting in emergency rooms in Canada have to wait an average of 23 hours for service.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brad-wilmouth/20...
crazy ox3thong

Bradenton, FL

#4 Aug 3, 2009
The laughing liberal wrote:
Focus on the economy? Obama? LOL! Bankrupting us is a poor focus!
Which Fat Cat Corporation is getting another Tax Payer Bail Out?
www.bloomberg.com
diamond of de BBQ&BBC r 1.69lbs karrot = 1 Dollie!

U should inVesthong?:-0
crazy ox3thong

Bradenton, FL

#5 Aug 3, 2009
The laughing liberal wrote:
ABC’s Stossel Slams Socialized Medicine, Finds Obama Expressed Interest in Single Payer System
August 1, 2009 - 01:28 ET
On Friday’s 20/20 on ABC, co-anchor John Stossel exposed the flaws in the Canadian and British government-run health care systems, and even showed viewers a clip of President Obama as he once expressed a belief that single-payer health care would be an acceptable system, even while taking the position that he would not pursue it, during one of the Democratic party presidential debates in 2008. During the January 21, 2008, debate on CNN, Obama said:
OBAMA: "It's fine for us to have a debate about how the best way to get there is, but to suggest somehow that I'm not interested in having everybody covered, or to suggest, as Hillary just did, that I was in favor of single payer, I never said that we should try to go ahead and get single payer.
What I said was that if I were starting from scratch, if we didn't have a system in which employers had typically provided health care, I would probably go with a single-payer system."
During the six-minute, 20-second segment, Stossel informed viewers of the long waits patients must endure in countries with government-run health systems – like Canada and Britain.
He recounted that some patients – including world leaders and wealthy celebrities – come to America for treatment of serious conditions, and relayed the case of one Canadian woman who came to America to treat a clogged artery whose American doctor told her she would not have survived waiting a few more weeks for Canada's government health care.
Additionally, Stossel found that even patients waiting in emergency rooms in Canada have to wait an average of 23 hours for service.
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brad-wilmouth/20...
Tenutsee! stop sneak 2C ox3thong o ke?:) just kidding :-0
smudge

San Antonio, TX

#6 Aug 3, 2009
"Pres. Obama to focus on economy?"

Obama: FOCUS on Common Sense...for ONCE!
x sony exect

Bingham, IL

#7 Aug 4, 2009
Leave Obama alone !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wakarusa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Psychologist to stand trial Feb. 7 (Feb '06) Jan 13 G-dwiilavenge 141
Missing girl? Sep '16 4 Justice 2
News Immigration agents make 39 arrests in Elkhart C... (Sep '08) Jul '16 Go Blue Forever 50
News The Latest: Cruz to hang in as long as he has '... (May '16) May '16 A Tear For Ted 1
News Furnace repair techs working over time (Jan '15) Jan '16 Chinook Heating 4
A must see video (Jan '16) Jan '16 concerned 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Indiana (D... (Oct '10) Aug '15 CorruptionKiller 35

Wakarusa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wakarusa Mortgages