Muslim group holds St. Cloud town hal...

Muslim group holds St. Cloud town hall on cartoons

There are 7 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jan 26, 2010, titled Muslim group holds St. Cloud town hall on cartoons. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

ST. CLOUD, Minn. - Minnesota's chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations is holding a town hall meeting in St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Stephanie

Durham, NC

#1 Jan 26, 2010
If it was any other deragatory flyer posted, this man would never have been arrested!! I am so tired of the bowing to Muslim 'sensitivities'. I guess the message is if you want to get away with having your constant demands met, like Muslims get, then you have to use violence and thuggery. Works for Islam!
Skippy

United States

#2 Jan 26, 2010
"unindicted co-conspirators" CAIR?

CAIR should be on the terror org list. What the hell is Kleis thinking?
AllahFUBAR

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Jan 26, 2010
Cartoon rage ~ We need to learn a new word: dhimmitude.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/functions/prin...

​ ​​&#82 03;​We need to learn a new word: dhimmitude. I've written about dhimmitude periodically, lo, these many years since September 11, but it takes time to sink in. Dhimmitude is the coinage of a brilliant historian, Bat Ye'or, whose pioneering studies of the dhimmi, populations of Jews and Christians vanquished by Islamic jihad, have led her to conclude that a common culture has existed through the centuries among the varied dhimmi populations. From Egypt and Palestine to Iraq and Syria, from Morocco and Algeria to Spain, Sicily and Greece, from Armenia and the Balkans to the Caucasus: Wherever Islam conquered, surrendering dhimmi, known to Muslims as "people of the book [the Bible]," were tolerated, allowed to practice their religion, but at a dehumanizing cost.
There were literal taxes (jizya) to be paid; these bought the dhimmi the right to remain non-Muslim, the price not of religious freedom, but of religious identity. Freedom was lost, sorely circumscribed by a body of Islamic law (sharia) designed to subjugate, denigrate and humiliate the dhimmi. The resulting culture of self-abnegation, self-censorship and fear shared by far-flung dhimmi is the basis of dhimmitude. The extremely distressing but highly significant fact is, dhimmitude doesn't only exist in lands where Islamic law rules.
&nbs

(Excerpt) Read more at washingtontimes.com ...

----------

The word "dhimmitude" comes from dhimmi, an Arabic word meaning "protected". Dhimmi was the name applied by the Arab-Muslim conquerors to indigenous non-Muslim populations who surrendered by a treaty (dhimma) to Muslim domination.

http://www.dhimmitude.org/
dhimmi

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Jan 26, 2010
Skippy wrote:
"unindicted co-conspirators" CAIR?
CAIR should be on the terror org list. What the hell is Kleis thinking?
maybe he likes having a head.
St Cloudian

Sartell, MN

#5 Jan 26, 2010
We don't need to develop a better understanding of different faiths and backgrounds. They, Muslims, moved into this town, maybe they need to develop a better understanding of the current faith beliefs that we hold.

Yes the cartoons were vulgar, and I don't know why Elyea chose to express himself that way, and I think that the petty charge he received was right. But CAIR is just pushing and pushing more of the "woe is us the victims", "you need to understand and make new laws and rules that favor us." "Allow us to chew our khat and "discipline" our wives and children the way we did back in somalia.

If they were so grieviously harmed by this cartoons I'm willing to pass the hat and give them all a one-way boat ticket back to Somalia.
America the Great

Fargo, ND

#6 Jan 26, 2010
St Cloudian wrote:
We don't need to develop a better understanding of different faiths and backgrounds. They, Muslims, moved into this town, maybe they need to develop a better understanding of the current faith beliefs that we hold.
Yes the cartoons were vulgar, and I don't know why Elyea chose to express himself that way, and I think that the petty charge he received was right. But CAIR is just pushing and pushing more of the "woe is us the victims", "you need to understand and make new laws and rules that favor us." "Allow us to chew our khat and "discipline" our wives and children the way we did back in somalia.
If they were so grieviously harmed by this cartoons I'm willing to pass the hat and give them all a one-way boat ticket back to Somalia.
First, St Cloud is not known historically as a welcoming community, so before you and others take the Muslims should not be here approach, remember, your community has done some pretty vulgar things to just about every person of color that has moved or gone to college up there.

Second, we're all for intolerance to Muslims, but for tolerance towards Jews, agnostics, and Buddhists. See the problem? Muslims feel like they are targets because right now, they are! Either you make jokes about Catholics, Jews, Buddhists, Agnostics and Muslims or you keep your mouth shut and move on. Don't pretend you're not making them targets when clearly your community is.

Last, I thought America was land of the free, home of the brave! Muslims are FREE to dress as they desire just like kids are free to dress up in Goth or Punk Rock gear. If they want to cover themselves with a robe, they can. This after all isn't Saudi Arabia, where women HAVE TO wear robes all day long. The Muslims are making choices of how they want to dress, pray, and earn a living. Taking that from them is denying them free speech and the pursuit of liberty, life, and happiness. To support efforts to take away their American freedoms is as un-American as their customs seems to be. Remember that, the next time you wave the flag and stand before the National Anthem. This IS AMERICA, not Saudi Arabia, and they can dress as they please.
Yabetcha

Burnsville, MN

#7 Jan 26, 2010
AllahFUBAR wrote:
Cartoon rage ~ We need to learn a new word: dhimmitude.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/functions/prin...
​ ​​&#82 03;​We need to learn a new word: dhimmitude. I've written about dhimmitude periodically, lo, these many years since September 11, but it takes time to sink in. Dhimmitude is the coinage of a brilliant historian, Bat Ye'or, whose pioneering studies of the dhimmi, populations of Jews and Christians vanquished by Islamic jihad, have led her to conclude that a common culture has existed through the centuries among the varied dhimmi populations. From Egypt and Palestine to Iraq and Syria, from Morocco and Algeria to Spain, Sicily and Greece, from Armenia and the Balkans to the Caucasus: Wherever Islam conquered, surrendering dhimmi, known to Muslims as "people of the book [the Bible]," were tolerated, allowed to practice their religion, but at a dehumanizing cost.
There were literal taxes (jizya) to be paid; these bought the dhimmi the right to remain non-Muslim, the price not of religious freedom, but of religious identity. Freedom was lost, sorely circumscribed by a body of Islamic law (sharia) designed to subjugate, denigrate and humiliate the dhimmi. The resulting culture of self-abnegation, self-censorship and fear shared by far-flung dhimmi is the basis of dhimmitude. The extremely distressing but highly significant fact is, dhimmitude doesn't only exist in lands where Islamic law rules.
&nbs
(Excerpt) Read more at washingtontimes.com ...
----------
The word "dhimmitude" comes from dhimmi, an Arabic word meaning "protected". Dhimmi was the name applied by the Arab-Muslim conquerors to indigenous non-Muslim populations who surrendered by a treaty (dhimma) to Muslim domination.
http://www.dhimmitude.org/
Don't tell me. Let me guess. What you're really worried about is that they're going to shag your sister. You shouldn't worry. I've see her and she is one ugly broad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waite Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jonathan Conder (Feb '10) Jan 8 Cyco 23
News Minnesota Lottery Holding $1 Million Raffle Dra... Dec 28 hassen benhassen 6
to roger n (Oct '15) Nov '16 Harry 3
News Ex-governor Carlson endorses Independence Party... (Sep '10) Nov '16 Geezer Files 45
News Waite Park Police: Suspect Arrested After Rammi... Oct '16 Enzo49 10
News Your Turn: It's time to act on immigration refo... (Jun '14) Jun '14 dirtbag1958 1
News Frozen pipes create struggle for St. Cloud-area... (Feb '14) Mar '14 Sammy 2

Waite Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Waite Park Mortgages