Waite Park man arrested in big pot bust

Authorities have arrested a Waite Park man and confiscated more than $550,000 worth of high-grade marijuana. Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Parks and Rec

Maple Grove, MN

#23 Dec 17, 2009
NoSht wrote:
<quoted text>
Ronald Reagan - Taxes were low, business' were producing and growing, everyone in my family had a job and was making good cash...
Big difference from today....
So, it's ok if we borrow lots of money as long as times are good, but if we borrow money because the last guy blew all the money and times aren't so good it's bad.

Yeah, that makes sense.
At least

Plymouth, MN

#24 Dec 17, 2009
Parks and Rec wrote:
<quoted text>
Pot is already in our schools. More so than alcohol. Maybe regulation is in order.
The 'it's for the children' argument gets really old. Keeping it on the black market gives MORE access to children.
it'll keep it away from the real criminals. That would be the politicians who want to tax us to death!
speedy

United States

#25 Dec 17, 2009
Parks and Rec wrote:
<quoted text>
Pot is already in our schools. More so than alcohol. Maybe regulation is in order.
The 'it's for the children' argument gets really old. Keeping it on the black market gives MORE access to children.
Ok, I am still shaking my head trying to follw this logic.
Pot is in the schools, yes unfortunately. More so than alchohol, agreed because it can be concealed easier than a case of beer.
Regulation? That's where in my eyes the wheels fall off your hippy wagon.
Enforce the damn drug laws for cripes sake!
The adults are steering the drugs toward schools, and god help them if I ever catch one in the act of distributing it to kids. Regulation my arse, through the worthless child endangering druggie losers in jail. But Minnesota wants to be a goofy clone of California without the nice weather, so druggies will be embraced, not shunned like the slime that they are.
Parks and Rec

Maple Grove, MN

#26 Dec 18, 2009
speedy wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, I am still shaking my head trying to follw this logic.
Pot is in the schools, yes unfortunately. More so than alchohol, agreed because it can be concealed easier than a case of beer.
Regulation? That's where in my eyes the wheels fall off your hippy wagon.
Enforce the damn drug laws for cripes sake!
The adults are steering the drugs toward schools, and god help them if I ever catch one in the act of distributing it to kids. Regulation my arse, through the worthless child endangering druggie losers in jail. But Minnesota wants to be a goofy clone of California without the nice weather, so druggies will be embraced, not shunned like the slime that they are.
We've spent trillions of dollars trying to enforce the drug laws and get 10% of the drugs. That is failing by any standard.

Drugs are in schools because there is no regulation. If you have some proof that regulation actually rises child/teen use I'd love to see it. Unlike you I've actually done my research and refuse to make gut reactions.

http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle-old/176/e...
http://sensiblecolorado.org/cmi/youth/
http://www.shockmd.com/2009/03/19/dutch-liber...
http://blog.mpp.org/tax-and-regulate/another-...
http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Taking/1143...
speedy

United States

#27 Dec 18, 2009
Parks and Rec wrote:
<quoted text>
We've spent trillions of dollars trying to enforce the drug laws and get 10% of the drugs. That is failing by any standard.
Drugs are in schools because there is no regulation. If you have some proof that regulation actually rises child/teen use I'd love to see it. Unlike you I've actually done my research and refuse to make gut reactions.
http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle-old/176/e...
http://sensiblecolorado.org/cmi/youth/
http://www.shockmd.com/2009/03/19/dutch-liber...
http://blog.mpp.org/tax-and-regulate/another-...
http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Taking/1143...
Post all the worthless links you want. How many days a week do YOU spend with school age kids? Not in links and stories, but in real life? Do you see the devastation first hand, or just through what the "links" tell you?
You go ahead and do your "research". I do mine at my kids school. In person.
Drug laws are not enforced, not even close. But the small group of parents who actually give a damn are having a hard time bucking the system that protects the dealers and users.
People like you make our job even harder. Thanks for nothing.
Wasp

Minneapolis, MN

#28 Dec 19, 2009
I prefer to call them Pot Sellers, dealers sounds so casinoesque. Yes, we can drink, smoke coffin nails, and gamble our kids collage money away.But God forbid, we should come home after a hard days work and kick back with a joint before enjoying a delicious meal!
Nate

Saint Cloud, MN

#29 Dec 19, 2009
speedy wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you insane or just a bit challenged? I suppose you think there is not enough drugs in our schools yet. Exactly where do you suppose this pot may have ended up? Since I get an idea you are a dealer or at least a user, when was the last time a drug deal was stopped when an ID check was done? Never of course.
Drug abuse among underage kids is out of control, and attitudes like yours will not make it better. I keep abreast of what goes on in the schools, and with kids who openly deal drugs with people like you in charge who are either afraid to say anything, or don't care anymore than the crappy parent(s) do.
Drug abuse causes a sickening of society, thanks for your help.
Have you ever smoked weed????? It's Nothing like other drugs. and thier is Nothing harmful about it. If you havent smoked weed the just Shut the F@#K UP!!!!

“Are you Fu**ing kidding me?”

Since: Nov 08

A small town in northern MN

#30 Dec 20, 2009
Damn that is a lot of pot!!!! And the guy had a real job also.....Wow must be a sign of the times!!!
speedy

United States

#31 Dec 20, 2009
Nate wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever smoked weed????? It's Nothing like other drugs. and thier is Nothing harmful about it. If you havent smoked weed the just Shut the F@#K UP!!!!
Woww like totally no dude,, I have like never smoked weed, but I hear it is like totally cool and all the popular burnouts do it!
I have been to damn busy running a business, maintaining a home and property and raising kids to waste time being a pot addict.
What a loser.
Parks and Rec

Maple Grove, MN

#32 Dec 21, 2009
speedy wrote:
<quoted text>
Post all the worthless links you want. How many days a week do YOU spend with school age kids? Not in links and stories, but in real life? Do you see the devastation first hand, or just through what the "links" tell you?
You go ahead and do your "research". I do mine at my kids school. In person.
Drug laws are not enforced, not even close. But the small group of parents who actually give a damn are having a hard time bucking the system that protects the dealers and users.
People like you make our job even harder. Thanks for nothing.
Like I said, I don't look at one school and make global blanket statements regarding drug policy. It's like saying deforestation isn't happening because there are woods in your backyard.
Parks and Rec

Maple Grove, MN

#33 Dec 21, 2009
speedy wrote:
<quoted text>
Woww like totally no dude,, I have like never smoked weed, but I hear it is like totally cool and all the popular burnouts do it!
I have been to damn busy running a business, maintaining a home and property and raising kids to waste time being a pot addict.
What a loser.
You infer that people who smoke cannabis can't do those things. Your blanket stereotypes are laughable.
Archie

Saint Paul, MN

#34 Dec 21, 2009
Take a 20x20' Tarp and roll up a big un, put a water bucket on his head and let him smoke his whole stash. If he peeks out of the bucket show him a picture of Nancy Pelosi.
speedy

United States

#35 Dec 21, 2009
Parks and Rec wrote:
<quoted text>
You infer that people who smoke cannabis can't do those things. Your blanket stereotypes are laughable.
Sure they can, but without a drug addiction think of what they might be able to do!
Alchohol addiction is just as bad, but casual social alchohol use does differ from casual pot abuse.
Some people have bottles of liquor in a cabinet untouched for months or even years. When was the last time you heard of a pot head leaving a bag of pot sit for months until it got opened and used? Nope, pot is bought to smoke and get stoned. There is no "casual" or social about it from what I can tell.
Yeah, let's casually sneak and buy some pot from a dealer without getting caught, then let's go hide somewhere and get stoned. Sounds like teenagers stealing beer from thier old man. What a sad bunch.

Parks and Rec

Maple Grove, MN

#36 Dec 22, 2009
speedy wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure they can, but without a drug addiction think of what they might be able to do!
Alchohol addiction is just as bad, but casual social alchohol use does differ from casual pot abuse.
Some people have bottles of liquor in a cabinet untouched for months or even years. When was the last time you heard of a pot head leaving a bag of pot sit for months until it got opened and used? Nope, pot is bought to smoke and get stoned. There is no "casual" or social about it from what I can tell.
Yeah, let's casually sneak and buy some pot from a dealer without getting caught, then let's go hide somewhere and get stoned. Sounds like teenagers stealing beer from thier old man. What a sad bunch.
You obviously don't know what you're talking about. A casual user will buy some and then just have it for a while, just like a casual drinker may buy a bottle or a 12 pack and have it around for a while. There is no difference.
amy beehive

Minneapolis, MN

#37 Dec 22, 2009
SPEEDY, don,t confuse use with abuse. In a former life, my lawyer, accountant, and many other leaders of industry, would smoke pot socially.None of them missed a day of work, had financial, or other problems because of it.
speedy

United States

#38 Dec 22, 2009
amy beehive wrote:
SPEEDY, don,t confuse use with abuse. In a former life, my lawyer, accountant, and many other leaders of industry, would smoke pot socially.None of them missed a day of work, had financial, or other problems because of it.
I am going to bid a respectful farewell to this subject. Drug users and non-drug users will never agree. The losers,,, our kids.
I hope you all enjoy raising pot smoking kids. What a bunch of goof balls. And to think cuz I have hair down to my ass I get called a "hippie". Funny that way....
Parks and Rec

Maple Grove, MN

#39 Dec 28, 2009
speedy wrote:
<quoted text>
I am going to bid a respectful farewell to this subject. Drug users and non-drug users will never agree. The losers,,, our kids.
I hope you all enjoy raising pot smoking kids. What a bunch of goof balls. And to think cuz I have hair down to my ass I get called a "hippie". Funny that way....
It would be easier to keep our kids off of it if they were carded every time they bought.
Jon Kingsbury

Sauk Rapids, MN

#40 Jan 2, 2010
Prohibiting substances increases crime. Look at the alcohol prohibition, crime increased dramatically right after and ceased to exist after legalisation. If it were legal , people would be more open about it including kids. Which in turn would make the parents more knowledgable about how there kids are going about it . Also people wouldnt have to deal with real criminals who steal and stuff to get their marijuana. An educated society knows that legalising it has way more pros than cons. More personal freedom, less crime, less money spent, better communication with the youth involving the drug, and less money spent, and more taxed. Wow, we havent figured this out yet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waite Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News More racial unrest at St. Cloud Tech High School Mar 23 LMV 1
TGI Friday's Restaurant Closes in St. Cloud Jan '15 I agree 1
Are you afraid to tell the truth about Pastor D... Jan '15 leon 6
Debate: Marijuana - St. Cloud, MN (Aug '10) Jan '15 stacy ansiel 32
Local Politics Do you approve of Michele Bachmann as Represent... (Jul '12) Nov '14 james 6
News Somalia President Mohamud visit draws protest (Aug '14) Oct '14 Grandpa with a be... 20
News Your Turn: It's time to act on immigration refo... (Jun '14) Jun '14 dirtbag1958 1
Waite Park Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Waite Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]