Solutions sought for wild horses

Solutions sought for wild horses

There are 3 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Jul 3, 2006, titled Solutions sought for wild horses. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

Six of the Big Island animals were shot dead last month By Alexandre Da Silva adasilva@starbulletin.com Some Big Island residents are trying to decide what to do with dozens of wild horses roaming Waipio Valley ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

June Seto

Norwalk, CA

#1 Aug 21, 2006
I have been reading about these horses.While I understand this man is protecting his taro, why does he not kill them instantly rather than wounding them, they suffer needlessly and die.That's wrong.No one can be that poor a shot. I have asked for help from PETA.By the time the local govt. gets together, these horses will all be dead.Some people are so ruthlessly cruel.
kamehameha student

Hilo, HI

#2 Aug 23, 2006
how do u know if the guy was a poor shooter...you don't know that...and what if he was just wounding the horses, not intending for them to die...and there isn't much you can do about it since most of the valley is privately owned land and the government is only going to assist if asked
ascending light

Ashburn, VA

#3 May 8, 2007
what a barbaric neanderthal.. having a lot of experience with horses i can tell you definitively horses can be dealt with effectively by means other than violence you just need half a brain to reach an effective outcome. leave it to a bunch of lazy big islanders to never have been able to initiate a positive way to preserve these defenseless animals!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waipio Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mr. President, Donald Trump (Aug '15) 1 hr Einstein 3,569
add a word/drop a word and 'stuff' (Nov '16) 5 hr District 1 1,204
Add A Word, Drop, Drop A Word (May '11) 5 hr District 1 1,144
News Hawaii committee calls for Obama statue in his ... 6 hr Annie Oakly 89
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 7 hr _FLATLINE-------- 4,910
News Costco will begin accepting food stamps - Hawai... (Oct '09) Mar '18 Fake news 575
big island helicopter let one million people di... (Oct '16) Oct '16 hawaiiheli 2

Waipio Jobs

Personal Finance

Waipio Mortgages