Menor acquiesces to jail, faces voter...

Menor acquiesces to jail, faces voters next

There are 120 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from May 24, 2008, titled Menor acquiesces to jail, faces voters next. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

CRAIG T. KOJIMA / [email protected] In District Court yesterday, state Sen.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Mufi

Honolulu, HI

#107 May 25, 2008
double wrote:
To Mufi: I forgot to include Hanabusa who did not reprimand Menor in the senate. Now it is triple-double.
These Hawaii politicians are on a role, they screw up once and then it's the domino effect. Then they get reelected.
Cougar

Hilo, HI

#108 May 25, 2008
Cougar thought he did the jail time but finds out he did not do the time.In fact...
"State Sen. Ron Menor was released from the Oahu Community Correctional Center this morning after completing his sentence for a drunk driving conviction."

Maivia

Honolulu, HI

#109 May 25, 2008
Cougar wrote:
Cougar thought he did the jail time but finds out he did not do the time.In fact...
"State Sen. Ron Menor was released from the Oahu Community Correctional Center this morning after completing his sentence for a drunk driving conviction."
Apparently you didn't get the whole story,
butthead(ron) was released yesterday afternoon. The sorry ass didn't even do 24 hours.
double

Honolulu, HI

#110 May 25, 2008
Definition of a legislative person of the democratic party - make laws, break laws, and get sympathy by the Senate President. What an honorable way to live and also a role model for us, especially the youth of Hawaii who are still not in the corrupt mode.
free-ride

Honolulu, HI

#111 May 25, 2008
Menor had a free ride. Two days and one night coplimentary stay at our Hawaii Prison Hotel and all meals included courtesy from the taxpayers of Hawaii.
No Name

Honolulu, HI

#112 May 26, 2008
Cougar wrote:
He has taken taken reponsibilty. He went to jail.
What responsibility? He spent less than 24 hours in jail and got credited for a day already served when he was arrested. You call 2 hours after arrest as time served. What kind of message is this sending out?
No Name

Honolulu, HI

#113 May 26, 2008
free-ride wrote:
Menor had a free ride. Two days and one night coplimentary stay at our Hawaii Prison Hotel and all meals included courtesy from the taxpayers of Hawaii.
I agree with you 100%.
Joe

Bangkok, Thailand

#114 May 26, 2008
agapito wrote:
When Menor was first arrested, many said he would get off with a slap on the wrist, he would manipulate the system, he would pay no penalty since he's a politician, etc.
Hmmm .. I wonder what they are saying now.
Menor made a mistake and he is paying for it.
Looks like what he got qualifies as a "slap on the wrist.. with a wet noodle!"
Char Siu Bao Girl

AOL

#115 May 26, 2008
During the Memorial Day holiday, Menor should visit the graves of members of the Armed Forces who have given their lives for our country. It would truly be a shame to have a State Senator take innocent lives due to the lack of poor judgement and a selfish undertaking. It should also be a reminder for those that get behind the wheel when they indulge in imprudent behavior such as drinking in excessive amounts and getting drunk. Be akamai and save a life of an innocent person.
J Elizabeth

AOL

#116 May 26, 2008
Menor, you are very weak!!!!!!!!
Joe

Bangkok, Thailand

#117 May 26, 2008
Char Siu Bao Girl wrote:
During the Memorial Day holiday, Menor should visit the graves of members of the Armed Forces who have given their lives for our country. It would truly be a shame to have a State Senator take innocent lives due to the lack of poor judgement and a selfish undertaking. It should also be a reminder for those that get behind the wheel when they indulge in imprudent behavior such as drinking in excessive amounts and getting drunk. Be akamai and save a life of an innocent person.
No. He should pull morgue or ER duty for a couple years. On his own time. Let him get up close and personal with the dead and mashed up results of drunk driving crashes. Let him puke his guts out a few times over the mangled and mutilated corpse.
free-ride

Honolulu, HI

#118 May 26, 2008
When Menor told a story of an injured foot and a missing contact lens he became popular overnight but in the wrong way. Only his lawyer and the judge believed this story and was sentenced to a two day one night stay at the OAHU PRISON HOTEL. If he could sing he could be Hawaii's american idol.
free-ride

Honolulu, HI

#119 May 26, 2008
When Menor told a story of an injured foot and a missing contact lens he became popular overnight but in the wrong way. Only his lawyer and the judge believed this story and was sentenced to a two day one night stay at the OAHU PRISON HOTEL. If he could sing he could become Hawaii's american idol.
A Fish Out of H2O

AOL

#120 May 26, 2008
Oh Ronny, you could partner up with Kristi Yamaguchi and be on Dancing with the Stars with that bum foot of yours. Of course, you wouldn't win, especially if you can't see where you are going. That contact lense excuse is a real mystery to me. What happened Ronny, you drank too much and it fell out? Or could you not put it back in while shifting gears? Even your sons stood up for you, saying you had too much too drink. I wonder what they learn in the private school that you send them to about driving while impaired and have ONE to many. Another thing Ronny, only one or two drinks? Let's be reasonable, how can you, of all people, have one or two drinks? Too bad you didn't tell the truth from the very beginning, you are a typical politician with a law degree. That makes you a lying lawyer. Shape up Ronny, save a life before you take one. Wake up!!!!!!!!
pinnochio

Honolulu, HI

#121 May 26, 2008
If Menor faced the music truthfully and admitted that he was guilty to the traffic citation, there will be no story. There is no story about a person of good character. It is boring. But when you start trying to wiggle out of the net the small fish has turned into an ULUA that got away.
face the music

Honolulu, HI

#122 May 26, 2008
If Menor faced the music truthfully and admitted that he was guilty to the traffic citation, there will be no story. There is no story about a person of good character. It is boring. But when you start trying to wiggle out of the net the small fish has turned into an ULUA that got away.
Clyde

Phoenix, AZ

#124 May 26, 2008
As far as I am concerned, Mr. Menor is yet another kinda-sober local politician in our kinda-sane local government.

Have ANOTHER mediocre day, folks.
Tourist Tim

Honolulu, HI

#125 May 26, 2008
Clyde wrote:
As far as I am concerned, Mr. Menor is yet another kinda-sober local politician in our kinda-sane local government.
Have ANOTHER mediocre day, folks.
you are probably one of those !st generation locals. migrated from who knows where, lived here a few years and shazaam you are a local.
Tourist Tim

Honolulu, HI

#126 May 26, 2008
Sorry Clyde, that was meant for bobo.
Tourist Tim

Honolulu, HI

#127 May 26, 2008
bobo wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you 100% and couldn't have said it better myself. Respect is given to those who give it. Much aloha to you, whoever you are. Locals have problems with those who come over here acting like they run the show. That's the number one reason some haoles leave Hawai`i with a bad taste in their mouth. Show respect and most will show respect right back. Come down here, run your mouth, get loud, carry on and be obnoxious. That's where you go wrong.
you must be one of those 1st generation locals. Migrated to hawaii from who knows where, lived here for a few years and shazaam, your local.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waipio Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 12 min Icnoptnthis 4,466
Mr. President, Donald Trump (Aug '15) 1 hr We ALL love Prez ... 2,246
The Nazis are banning plastic bags 3 hr Joe Balls 26
Trump made our Military great again 5 hr Harold 5
God HELP Me IN PURGING OBAMA FROM MY HEAD 14 hr District 1 35
Preacher Jim (Feb '11) 16 hr EEEw Yuck 595
The Muslim World is Broken (Sep '15) 18 hr Joe Balls 878

Waipio Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance