Menor acquiesces to jail, faces voter...

Menor acquiesces to jail, faces voters next

There are 120 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from May 24, 2008, titled Menor acquiesces to jail, faces voters next. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

CRAIG T. KOJIMA / [email protected] In District Court yesterday, state Sen.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
keola

Honolulu, HI

#1 May 24, 2008
Menor acquiesces to jail...hmmm what an eloquent word to describe his agreement to go to jail...how many brain hours did it take the star bulletin to think up a word for this title???
Lucky Menure was a democrap...if he was a republican...hanabushit wouldnt be acquiescent but a condenscending senate presidick...oops...excuse me for my typos...i was drinking and typing...at least i wuznt driving...
agapito

Daly City, CA

#2 May 24, 2008
When Menor was first arrested, many said he would get off with a slap on the wrist, he would manipulate the system, he would pay no penalty since he's a politician, etc.

Hmmm .. I wonder what they are saying now.

Menor made a mistake and he is paying for it.
keola

Honolulu, HI

#5 May 24, 2008
SEND HANABUSA OCCC wrote:
Today Senate President Colleen Hanabusa said, Sen. Ron Menor probably will not face a reprimand from the state Senate after pleading no contest in Honolulu District Court to operating a vehicle under the influence of an intoxicant last month. This is close to election, and I believe that the real people who should stand as judge and jury should be his constituents, Hanabusa said. Not mentioning his two children he put at risk in the event of an accident that could have killed them all, and or innocent others. All this and the Senator is seating out at OCCC in a confined area you can bet with all amenities till dawn, and then released with a slap-on-his-wrist. WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DRINKING TO SPEAK THESE WORDS? ARE YOU KIDDING? What kind of example are you setting? Are you so darn himakamaka you would allow for this man to walk away after driving with a blood alcohol limit above the legal limit with an overnighter at OCCC. Where is the justice in this? He as State Rep. Jon Karamatsu should resign immediately; without question. Do as I say not as I do is not going to do it this time, not after the loss of a child this week, and Menor driving with his own sons in the vehicle. Suspend his license for a year, impound his car for the same amount of time, and make him do weeks of hard labor on the streets of Honolulu sweeping sidewalks with a sign on his back reading, Im a drunk driver who drove with my two sons in the car. Humiliate him as he has humiliated the house and senate. What is with you Colleen, are you really going to allow this to just end at as is without remorse? Is the Senator better then myself, I pay taxes, I follow the law, I dont drink and drive, why should (He) be treated special and different then the average person arrested for this offence; because hes a Senator? What a crock of beef-stew!!! What about the seated judge who heard the no contest plea, correct me if Im mistaken but he is the judge, jury and constituents; This is not a call in vote for American Idol, were talking about Hawaii’s Senator Ron Menor the second lawmaker in a year to be arrested for drunken driving; just after State Rep. Jon Riki Karamatsu stepped down as vice speaker of the House after his DUI arrest last October.Our own State Legislators, Senators, State Representatives and others are MOCKING our system as being above the law, while Ms. Colleen Hanabusa sits with the audacity to speak as though its ok he spent two days already lock-up. You just bought a ticket to the unemployment office first class, because if your not going to reprimand him no one will and a night over at OCCC is no where near what myself or my neighbor would have to pay for the same crime. How can you even say such words as though it were nothing (He wont do it again) while a babys funeral is going on in your own back yard - have lost your mind Ms. Hanabusa your judgment and respect from the citizens of Hawaii who once admired your tough ways, you have let everyone down by letting this just go away while a childs family is morning the loss of a three year old. My hope is that the tax-paying citizens of this State not forget your insane remark and vote you out of office. You don’t have what it anymore and have embarrassed us knowing you would let Menor walk away from this offence the very day a three year olds family places him to rest. God be with you Ms. Hanabusa and drive safe out there because your co-workers will more then likely hit you and either kill you or them and we will all look back on today remembering your remark that Sen. Ron Menor probably will not face a reprimand from the state, this is close to election year. How could you for the sake of an election? You have let us down.
hmmm...I guess when i typed hanabushit it may not be a typo...sounds like what u described of her.....
wong numba

Ewa Beach, HI

#6 May 24, 2008
Ron Manure sure is a credit as a politician,,, really did some song and dance.. foot hurt - contacts,,
wong numba

Ewa Beach, HI

#7 May 24, 2008
Ron Manure,, wrong move,, you should have claimed 'diplomatic immunity' since the legislature was in session. Remember a long time ago a fellow politician was cited for driving with an expired driver's license,, so he claimed 'diplomatic immunity' ...
A Fish Out of H2O

AOL

#8 May 24, 2008
Ronny, Ronny what are you doing? A politician/lawyer admitting your error/guilt? I can't believe you admitted you made an mistake and are serving time for it. Two days? Are you kidding me? With kids in the car? How much did you pay the judge? especially you're an advocate against drunk driving!!!!!!!! Blasphemous for all I can say. Get a grip Ronny and stay off the road for a long time if you cannot handle your liquor/alcohol. There are too many deaths without being under the influence so stay home with your mommy and be a good boy. There's no doubt that you are an idiot.
Zadkiel

Aiea, HI

#9 May 24, 2008
Don't drink and drive or just might get elected to office.
A Fish Out of H2O

AOL

#11 May 24, 2008
Wipe that silly grin off your face, you buffoon!!!!!!!!
Zadkiel

Aiea, HI

#13 May 24, 2008
keola wrote:
<quoted text>
hmmm...I guess when i typed hanabushit it may not be a typo...sounds like what u described of her.....
I don't care much for Hanabada
david

Tustin, CA

#14 May 24, 2008
typical hawaii. start your taro people, you will need food soon.

no one wants to visit hawaii any longer and be victimized in so may ways while paying for your $675 per night average hotel rooms!

Costa Rica and Belize cost 25% as much, are 50% closer and they rarely harass, beat or kill their visitors as Hawaii seems to enjoy so much. Hawaii is old school and dangerous and overpriced.... and I know how you you locals will respond so, fine, we won't be back again and yes, we do feel like fricken unwanted haoles when we are there.

Thats what we heard loud and clear the last time we spent 12k on a vacation their so reap the economy that you have sewn and save those comments for the people in waikiki that are still coming back and have not "got it" yet.

I hope you like taro. Stay tan.
da kine, duh.
George

Kapolei, HI

#15 May 24, 2008
I would like him to explain to his constituents how it is physically possible that "one or two small glasses of wine" can result in a 0.147 percent BAC.

It appears that, in addition to driving drunk, he's also less than truthful--wait, he's a lawyer right, hmm.
SBReader

AOL

#16 May 24, 2008
Hey Hanabusa, lawmakers are supposed to set examples of good behavior. You know that the legislature is an entirely different venue from the courts. I believe that you didn't want to have Menor censured because of two reasons:(1) you're chicken, and (2) because you Democrats always look out for each other. To say leave it up to the people to decide is a crock!
Arizona

Chandler, AZ

#17 May 24, 2008
I agree with the last paragraph. If he had a fractured foot or a missing contact lens that should make all the more reason not to drive. That's three strikes. . .yes, he states he has learned a lesson. Will he have a designated driver the next time.
Arizona

Chandler, AZ

#18 May 24, 2008
David, I am soo sorry you have that much hatred. There are haoles and then there are haoles. If you would get off your high horse and smell the flowers once in awhile. You would see that we are all one. As for your outrageous prices that you pay. Do your homework and you will see that is not the local people that ruined the land or have ungodly prices but folks like you that come in thinking that local people need to bow down to you. Remember we are all equal, how you treat others is how it will come back to you.
david wrote:
no one wants to visit hawaii any longer and be victimized in so may ways while paying for your $675 per night average hotel rooms!
Costa Rica and Belize cost 25% as much, are 50% closer and they rarely harass, beat or kill their visitors as Hawaii seems to enjoy so much. Hawaii is old school and dangerous and overpriced.... and I know how you you locals will respond so, fine, we won't be back again and yes, we do feel like fricken unwanted haoles when we are there.
Thats what we heard loud and clear the last time we spent 12k on a vacation their so reap the economy that you have sewn and save those comments for the people in waikiki that are still coming back and have not "got it" yet.
da kine, duh.
Stop exploiting our land

Honolulu, HI

#19 May 24, 2008
david wrote:
da kine, duh.
I love Taro. Sorry you feel that way. However, thats great! And, have a nice vacation somewhere else!

“I care. Those who can, teach”

Since: Apr 08

Honolulu

#20 May 24, 2008
Renee Hong of the Prosecutor's Office said it best" "Please don't drink and drive." Not 'don't drive drunk,' simply DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE.

I DON'T, AND YOU SHOULDN'T EITHER.

If you drink alcoholic beverages, let someone else do the driving. It just makes good sense.

PLEASE.
Gene Haku

Tokyo, Japan

#21 May 24, 2008
Thanks for the leadership, Colleen.

This reprehensible bum drives drunk, endangers his 2 sons and blames it all on a sore foot and missing contact lens - and you can't find it in your heart to censure him. Would you censure Charles Manson, if he were a Democrat (as we suspect he is)?

Never ever attempt to take the moral high ground again. You're now on record as being purely a political hack.

BTW: If I registered as a Dem, could you fix a parking ticket for me?
david

Tustin, CA

#22 May 24, 2008
Stop exploiting our land wrote:
<quoted text>
I love Taro. Sorry you feel that way. However, thats great! And, have a nice vacation somewhere else!
Great! Maybe you can open a little stand on the side of the road and sell it to the other people there that lost and are about to lose their homes and jobs, cannot afford gas, and share the road with drunk police and politicians. Get those vocal chords in shape because I can already hear you yelling....

"GET TARO, I GET TARO! Da kine, why you neva, duh.
MATT-SAD DAY IN HAWAII

Orange, CA

#23 May 24, 2008
SBReader wrote:
Hey Hanabusa, lawmakers are supposed to set examples of good behavior. You know that the legislature is an entirely different venue from the courts. I believe that you didn't want to have Menor censured because of two reasons:(1) you're chicken, and (2) because you Democrats always look out for each other. To say leave it up to the people to decide is a crock!
SBR READER: What do all of this mean? The people of Hawaii never knew how to vote. If it was a freckin' Republican, they'd make a 'cry foul' day about it and the people would join in and agree. Where's the pressure from the voters?
(and you want Barack Hussein Obama to be your president???..just had to add this in).
It is SAD DAYS IN HAWAII. I feel so bad for ya'll.
Setting Precedence

United States

#24 May 24, 2008
A Fish Out of H2O wrote:
Ronny, Ronny what are you doing? A politician/lawyer admitting your error/guilt? I can't believe you admitted you made an mistake and are serving time for it. Two days? Are you kidding me? With kids in the car? How much did you pay the judge? especially you're an advocate against drunk driving!!!!!!!! Blasphemous for all I can say. Get a grip Ronny and stay off the road for a long time if you cannot handle your liquor/alcohol. There are too many deaths without being under the influence so stay home with your mommy and be a good boy. There's no doubt that you are an idiot.
Imagine them creating laws here !!!??????? Questionable isn't it ? We've seen too many politicians get away with literally everything And while they all like to claim many of our cases set the precedence for others which is why they slam dunk the general public I have yet to see a "Case To Set The Precedence" for those who consistently make the STATE LAWS, broke them and claim they could've, would've, should've but never did.
Start with investigating your politicians...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waipio Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Second state audit blasts Health Connector for ... 5 min Joe Balls 2
Protesting Blacks Just Don't Understand "Mess w... (Mar '15) 7 min Joe Balls 238
What Hawaii is really like. (Jan '08) 6 hr Joe Balls 271
Mr. President, Donald Trump 10 hr District 1 68
leeward lolo returns to waianae (Dec '14) 10 hr District 1 12
500,000 gallons of raw sewage dumped into the o... 23 hr American_Infidel 7
News Kakaako homeless to receive sweep notices 23 hr Normal is OK 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Waipio Mortgages