Inouye praised as humble leader at Ha...

Inouye praised as humble leader at Hawaii Capitol

There are 115 comments on the Northern Michigan News story from Dec 23, 2012, titled Inouye praised as humble leader at Hawaii Capitol. In it, Northern Michigan News reports that:

The late U.S. Sen. Daniel Inouye is being praised as a humble leader who embodied honor, dignity and duty during a public visitation at Hawaii's state Capitol.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Northern Michigan News.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#1 Dec 23, 2012
I wonder what his honor, dignity and duty thought of Benghazi. He reminds me of a hero like Tyrone Woods.
Christmas is here

Honolulu, HI

#3 Dec 23, 2012
He only stayed in office for that long because Hawaii has corrupt rigged elections and is full of mind numb stupid sheeples who don't know any better.
Marley and Marley

Modesto, CA

#4 Dec 23, 2012
Not there yet? Too bad.

“ SAVE THE LIONS!”

Since: Mar 09

KILL THE BABIES! VOTE DEMOCRAT

#5 Dec 23, 2012
Christmas is here wrote:
He only stayed in office for that long because Hawaii has corrupt rigged elections and is full of mind numb stupid sheeples who don't know any better.
You can say that again.

Hawaii is a corrupt NO BALLOT Democrat run regime with fixed elections.
Jack

Phoenix, AZ

#6 Dec 23, 2012
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
You can say that again.
Hawaii is a corrupt NO BALLOT Democrat run regime with fixed elections.
Enjoy your stay!!!!!!!:)
Be fair

Wahiawa, HI

#7 Dec 24, 2012
You people are ignorant of the political process of Hawaii.

People vote for the democrats in Hawaii, that is simply the will of the people. I may not agree with it, seeing as I am a republican, but that is how it is.

There is a lot of history behind that lending of party identity, a whole history book of reasons why people vote that way, it's not rigged or fixed.

I personally feel that such things are in the past.

As for your unfair attack on Sen. Inouye.

This man stood over the Watergate and the Iran-Contra hearings. Take the time to look back on the video of those hearings.

The Senator was tough on questions but always fair to both of those scandals. He never used the spotlight to politically attack the other party or even to insult the president of the party. He had every chance to do so.

If every statesman from all political walks and parties respected him as a honest and fair man, don't you think there might be a good reason for that? some truth behind it?

why would both parties vote to have him lay in state when they can't even agree on voting for simple bills? it take a vote of both chambers of congress to allow that honor.

I believe that senator would have done the right thing like he has his whole career in regards to the benghazi incident. He would have been tough and fair regardless of who is in power. That is why he was respected.

I may not be in his party or agree with his politics. But I feel confident in what the man was known for.

I wish we had more people of character like him in office.
District 1

Kapolei, HI

#8 Dec 24, 2012
Be fair wrote:
...People vote for the democrats in Hawaii, that is simply the will of the people. I may not agree with it, seeing as I am a republican, but that is how it is...
I may not be in his party or agree with his politics. But I feel confident in what the man was known for.
I wish we had more people of character like him in office.
Hear, hear! Inouye's basis of service was that AJAs had to PROVE they loved the USA, and that he survived WWII, while his comrades did not. He owed a debt of gratitude, and worked to give back, which in large part accounts for his rise in status as one of history's most powerful Americans. But that "power" was one of trust and influence, not strong-arm politics ala Richard Daley's machine in Chicago, and Congressman Charlie Rangel's 2010 re-election campaign.
Certainly Inouye's reputation made his detractors uncomfortable, but his own assessment of his life work as doing "okay" speaks volumes.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#9 Dec 24, 2012
lol! Don't worry about American Infidel.

He's a self proclaimed Hawaiian who thinks America owes him money and is waiting to get paid!

“ SAVE THE LIONS!”

Since: Mar 09

KILL THE BABIES! VOTE DEMOCRAT

#10 Dec 24, 2012
Be fair wrote:
You people are ignorant of the political process of Hawaii.
People vote for the democrats in Hawaii, that is simply the will of the people. I may not agree with it, seeing as I am a republican, but that is how it is.
No, they've been voting Democrat for decades because they don't know any better....they're politically ignorant/stupid and primarily vote by name recognition. They've seen the same names on the ballot forevah "so dey must be good I going vote for dem again den"...same reason why they voted for Obama because "he stay one native son, he used to go Punahou and he used to went live ova hea"!!!

btw, 50 years in office and he failed to reduce the cost of living here, were still the highest taxed most expensive state in the union. WOW, what an accomplishment!!

“ SAVE THE LIONS!”

Since: Mar 09

KILL THE BABIES! VOTE DEMOCRAT

#11 Dec 24, 2012
Yeah wrote:
lol! Don't worry about American Infidel.
He's a self proclaimed Hawaiian who thinks America owes him money and is waiting to get paid!
STFU, you lying lesbo.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#12 Dec 24, 2012
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they've been voting Democrat for decades because they don't know any better....they're politically ignorant/stupid and primarily vote by name recognition. They've seen the same names on the ballot forevah "so dey must be good I going vote for dem again den"...same reason why they voted for Obama because "he stay one native son, he used to go Punahou and he used to went live ova hea"!!!
btw, 50 years in office and he failed to reduce the cost of living here, were still the highest taxed most expensive state in the union. WOW, what an accomplishment!!
lol! You're still in love with Sarah Palin aren't you son?

“ SAVE THE LIONS!”

Since: Mar 09

KILL THE BABIES! VOTE DEMOCRAT

#13 Dec 24, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! You're still in love with Sarah Palin aren't you son?
Youre still in love with Moochelle's big butt aren't you, lesbo??

LOL!!

Whats the matter everybody hates you in the US forum so you've come here to troll instead?

Tired of getting beat up over there from the smart haoles? hahahaha
Lynda

United States

#14 Dec 24, 2012
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
STFU, you lying lesbo.
Up yours azzwipe! I'll never ask for your support in my next campaign - special senate election.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#15 Dec 24, 2012
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
STFU, you lying lesbo.
lol! Conservative leech!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#16 Dec 24, 2012
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
Youre still in love with Moochelle's big butt aren't you, lesbo??
LOL!!
Whats the matter everybody hates you in the US forum so you've come here to troll instead?
Tired of getting beat up over there from the smart haoles? hahahaha
lol! Son, I have fun there. That's why the only attacks the likes of people like them and you offer are of a personal nature.

You just can't stand reality!

And it's entertaining to watch how you idiots squirm, swear at people you disagree with and lie with a clear conscience!

Remember son.... OBAMA IS PRESIDENT!

I love this comedy channel!

“ SAVE THE LIONS!”

Since: Mar 09

KILL THE BABIES! VOTE DEMOCRAT

#17 Dec 24, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember son.... OBAMA IS PRESIDENT!
So what? Hitler was re-elected too.

So what's your point, troll?

“ SAVE THE LIONS!”

Since: Mar 09

KILL THE BABIES! VOTE DEMOCRAT

#18 Dec 24, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Conservative leech!
Ugly fat stupid lesbo dyke!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#19 Dec 24, 2012
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
So what? Hitler was re-elected too.
So what's your point, troll?
lol! Actually, no son. Your boy was given the Chancellorship.

I bet you went to Kam for your edumacation?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#20 Dec 24, 2012
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
Ugly fat stupid lesbo dyke!
lol! Happy now son? Got all your frustrations out?

“ SAVE THE LIONS!”

Since: Mar 09

KILL THE BABIES! VOTE DEMOCRAT

#21 Dec 24, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Actually, no son. Your boy was given the Chancellorship.
I bet you went to Kam for your edumacation?
Shouldn't you be building a shrine in your bathroom for your dead hero?

Go beat it.

HAHAHAHAHA

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waipio Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll do you remember castle park ? (Jun '08) 1 hr friendlyblue 155
News Honolulu looks at San Francisco's toilets on wh... 4 hr District 1 31
Protesting Blacks Just Don't Understand "Mess w... 4 hr District 1 174
News Gas prices drop, but could it be more? (Jan '15) 6 hr -Sprocket- 4
Hawaii not so Friendly to Tourists 11 hr District 1 41
Dissappearing Flight MH370 (Mar '14) 12 hr District 1 235
Har har har har (Apr '14) 17 hr Red Queen 94
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Waipio Mortgages