Isle housing bottom seen - Business

Isle housing bottom seen - Business

There are 62104 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Apr 3, 2009, titled Isle housing bottom seen - Business. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

The worst could be over for Oahu's slumping housing market even though slower conditions are expected to persist until there is better economic news in the state.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

Pau

Since: Jan 11

Honolulu, HI

#58260 Jun 20, 2013
JRB wrote:
<quoted text>
It's sort of flattering (not sure how that feels) to be alluded to as Guru. Does that make me a rube, a tool even? I am however, authentic. I did consider coming into this thread as Clive, the ardent liberal professor from Caaaaambridge to really rile Guru up. It's just so one-sided here it's laughably pathetic...but I laughed that idea off.
Time for you to give it up.

You're not fooling anyone, except maybe the lonely creatures in their swamp.

But they are just as gullible as those southern extremist who vote against their own interests....
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#58261 Jun 20, 2013
Joe Balls wrote:
<quoted text> I helped a friend put one in his condo. He wanted to save space. It works beautifully. He put a closet in place where his old water heater was as his place is a studio. The only problem he had was with the nosy association assholes that don't understand what it is and are scared of anything new, so he just nodded his head at all their naysaying and did it anyways. I'll eventually do the same here, it's just not a priority for me because I already have solar and there are other things that come first. IMO, Go for it.
yeah, it looks like this
http://www.tanklesswaterheaterrepairsla.com/...

...pros and cons, but in this case the pros won out. Solves a bunch of problems, so should be a major plus as I can now convert a garage into an office/man cave that will translate into a nice rental incentive for the property. Throw in a small kitchen, some windows and dry wall which is already done, already done, and a barn door and a couple of french doors to the outside. Should increase the rents by about 3K-5K more a year, so pays for itself in about 9 months. Cost to run it is $196/year projected. I'll give it a try, see how often you need to flush it out...some say once/year, others say they never do it. Whatever it is, it is worth the rent there in this case. The garage literally had rats, flooded regularly as it was 90 years old, and had no insulation. So it would get up to 100 degrees in the summer. We did a job on it with drywall, lots of insulation, new windows that block out the heat, and doors. The temp went down 25 degrees and never gets hot. Total cost to do this was about $1200. We surrounding the sunny side with about 8 palm trees, etc to add more shade protection and an out door shower, stones, pathways, etc. Total is maybe 4K. Now it is just like a small guest cottage. The whole turn will pay for itself in 2 years.

Use all the insulation you can...roof, walls, windows. It is cheep, and turns a problem into a whole new use. It all started with the drywall and correcting what did not look very good to something that made sense. I now use flat white paint, to the inside of this kind of project. Everyone says use shimmy enamel on rentals...believe me don't do it. You will paint it again anyway, so flat white takes out all the imperfections in the walls, and makes them almost invisible. Works like a charm.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#58262 Jun 20, 2013
Pau wrote:
<quoted text>
You never answered the question.
Tap dance much?
...and you never answered this question from two days ago:

lol...where's obama? I thought he was with you.

obama spends $100,000,000 for a trip to Africa. 14 limos. Huge sheets of bullet-proof glass flown in to use in all of his hotel rooms.

***Please explain that for all of us.

No president has ever lavished such BS on himself as this forgery queen that you lick up to every single day.

***Please tell us again WHY you support such an idiot as this.

So since you expect answers to your questions...why don't you answer this one? Are you afraid??

lol!
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#58263 Jun 20, 2013
obama had this wall of 8 inch glass flown in from the US to protect himself in Germany...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-23444...

...Reagan and Bush never had to do this.

geeeeesh!

Joe Balls

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#58264 Jun 20, 2013
Guru wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, it looks like this
http://www.tanklesswaterheaterrepairsla.com/...
...pros and cons, but in this case the pros won out. Solves a bunch of problems, so should be a major plus as I can now convert a garage into an office/man cave that will translate into a nice rental incentive for the property.
WOW, the one we installed was a lot smaller than these, but it's only heating for a studio. When I added on, we insulated the hell out of the walls and ceiling, knocked out an interior wall, and threw away the air conditioner. My home is cool even on the hottest days. I've also got PV electric panels and solar water panels on the roof, and I think having the shade from them must help a lot too. Even my attic is cool, and I live in a very hot area. People tell me I've got the coolest house in the area. We seldom even need the ceiling fans on. As soon as I can finagle the finances, I'm going to double up on the PV system and say F U to HECO. Next is a rainwater recovery system so I can buttfuck the board of water supply a little more. If I was a lazy liberal I could get all my utilities for free, but that's how it goes.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#58265 Jun 20, 2013
JRB wrote:
<quoted text>
O.K., soooo what were you drinking?
Fosters, San Miguel or Beer Lao......
Pau

Honolulu, HI

#58266 Jun 20, 2013
Guru wrote:
<quoted text>
...and you never answered this question from two days ago:
lol...where's obama? I thought he was with you.
obama spends $100,000,000 for a trip to Africa. 14 limos. Huge sheets of bullet-proof glass flown in to use in all of his hotel rooms.
***Please explain that for all of us.
No president has ever lavished such BS on himself as this forgery queen that you lick up to every single day.
***Please tell us again WHY you support such an idiot as this.
So since you expect answers to your questions...why don't you answer this one? Are you afraid??
lol!
Open up that purse of yours, write a nicely summed check to one of those fanatical, biblical theory spewing organizations and you'll sure find the answers you seek. Good luck with that.
Pau

Honolulu, HI

#58267 Jun 20, 2013
Guru wrote:
obama had this wall of 8 inch glass flown in from the US to protect himself in Germany...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-23444...
...Reagan and Bush never had to do this.
geeeeesh!
And the POTUS spoke for more than 30 minutes, without a teleprompter.

I guess that puts another right-wing talking point to bed.
Pau

Honolulu, HI

#58268 Jun 20, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Fosters, San Miguel or Beer Lao......
"...Make it a larger for $2 more?"
Leeward Lolo

Pearl City, HI

#58269 Jun 20, 2013
Pau wrote:
<quoted text>
30 whole minutes? I'm impressed (if wimpy really did, probably had earphone or something).
Pau

Honolulu, HI

#58270 Jun 20, 2013
Leeward Lolo wrote:
<quoted text>
30 whole minutes? I'm impressed (if wimpy really did, probably had earphone or something).
I'm sure you'll find some conspirator theorist article, or better yet, "hear something" to explain it.

Preoccupy yourself about the POTUS much?
JRB and Guru

Mesa, AZ

#58271 Jun 20, 2013
JRB wrote:
<quoted text>
It's sort of flattering (not sure how that feels) to be alluded to as Guru. Does that make me a rube, a tool even? I am however, authentic. I did consider coming into this thread as Clive, the ardent liberal professor from Caaaaambridge to really rile Guru up. It's just so one-sided here it's laughably pathetic...but I laughed that idea off.
It's just so one-sided here it's laughably pathetic.....
WHat two dozen normal folk debunking the conspiracy theories you get from your tv and radio gods. That's the way americans roll bubba. You have been yelling "fire" in the movie theater most of your adult life. Hows that going for you?
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#58272 Jun 20, 2013
JRB and Guru wrote:
<quoted text>
It's just so one-sided here it's laughably pathetic.....
WHat two dozen normal folk debunking the conspiracy theories you get from your tv and radio gods. That's the way americans roll bubba. You have been yelling "fire" in the movie theater most of your adult life. Hows that going for you?
...really good actually. How's your economy, stocks, obama going?-lol
http://www.cnbc.com/id/100831276

jobs crashing due to obamacare
stocks take a huge dump
FED is stopping spending
reality kicks in
most people will have 2- 20 hour/week jobs with no healthcare
people getting fired all over the place due to obamacare taxes
mortgage rates now rising fast
obama is now lower than ever before in polls, trust, competency

lol...yeah chump, it is all just an illusion.

LOL!
Hyena 4

New York, NY

#58273 Jun 20, 2013
Pau wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this news worth reporting? 30 minutes, wow!!!!

Joe Balls

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#58274 Jun 20, 2013
WARNING to JEEP drivers: If you drive a 1999 or newer JEEP that DOESN'T have a factory trailer hitch on it, it could easily catch fire in a rear-end collision. Check with Chrysler to see if your model is part of this emergency recall. This is important for a few reasons. First, we live on an island where jeeps are very popular. Second, we have so many drunk and drugged scofflaws driving around while tailgating. Third, over twenty percent of Hawaii drivers have no license or insurance so you will be SOL if you're hit and survive. Now go back to sleep.
Francine

Kaneohe, HI

#58275 Jun 20, 2013
Leeward Lolo wrote:
<quoted text>
He sure put your Dubya to shame, though.

Oh, BTW, e-a-t m-e!
hahahahaha
Leeward Lolo

Pearl City, HI

#58276 Jun 20, 2013
Hyena 4 wrote:
<quoted text>
High point of the roachboy's career.

Of course was not speaking to an audience of English speakers, too frightening for the wimpy.

OCHO de CINCO or whatever.
Leeward Lolo

Pearl City, HI

#58277 Jun 20, 2013
Hyena 4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you see the guy who adopted the HYENA on Fatal Attractions?
He lived on the eighth floor of an apartment building.
Leeward Lolo

Phoenix, AZ

#58278 Jun 20, 2013
Joe Balls wrote:
WARNING to JEEP drivers: If you drive a 1999 or newer JEEP that DOESN'T have a factory trailer hitch on it, it could easily catch fire in a rear-end collision. Check with Chrysler to see if your model is part of this emergency recall. This is important for a few reasons. First, we live on an island where jeeps are very popular. Second, we have so many drunk and drugged scofflaws driving around while tailgating. Third, over twenty percent of Hawaii drivers have no license or insurance so you will be SOL if you're hit and survive. Now go back to sleep.
Shut up! Go fill up the back of your jeep with whoever and drive around until somebody hits you or falls out the back.

I'll fill your tank, bubba.
Pau

Honolulu, HI

#58279 Jun 20, 2013
Hyena 4 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't feel that this is "newsworthy" or that it debunks right wing talking points, why did you even bother to comment?

A bit confused, aren't ya.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waipio Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mr. President, Donald Trump (Aug '15) 10 min Nun Komposmentys 2,425
add a word/drop a word and 'stuff' (Nov '16) 11 min Princess Hey 731
Add A Word, Drop, Drop A Word (May '11) 12 min Princess Hey 638
Thanks to Trump's tough talk and bold leadership 5 hr American_Infidel 12
Wut Da Fuh? 8 hr District 1 56
Liberals Hate Free Speech 8 hr Joe Balls 19
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 9 hr District 1 4,553

Waipio Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance