Isle housing bottom seen - Business

Isle housing bottom seen - Business

There are 62126 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Apr 3, 2009, titled Isle housing bottom seen - Business. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

The worst could be over for Oahu's slumping housing market even though slower conditions are expected to persist until there is better economic news in the state.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

Joe Balls

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#53953 Jan 7, 2013
Guru wrote:
<quoted text>
here slut, a great place for your next vacation....
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/shortcuts/201...
Send the Obama's to Los Roques for their next vacation!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#53955 Jan 7, 2013
Pau wrote:
It'll be a cold day in Waianae[Hell] before I'd ever enlighten a Yellow Streak of your nature. Nice try, bigot.
Just as predicted and right on schedule

BTW ND lost, another of your prediction down the tube.
LOW TESTOSTERONE JACK

Canyon Country, CA

#53956 Jan 7, 2013
....here I am in the alley behind the Jack and the Box on Kalalaua, after I got my first testosterone injection for my ...problem. Works good, huh!
http://www.naughtybits.us/wp-content/uploads/...
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#53957 Jan 7, 2013
Leeward LOLO

Honolulu, HI

#53958 Jan 8, 2013
Guru wrote:
Ian't this what America is now all about? Borrow and spend.

One comment:

Tony Villar at 6:25 AM January 08, 2013
It's amazing how people never complain about the $820 Billion homeowners cashed-out of their home's equity during the housing bubble. Or the $675 Billion in Home Equity Loans they took out. That's $1.4 Trillion dollars that was spent. During the six years of the housing bubble, the majority of mortgages were for refinancing an existing house, not for the purchase of a new home. In fact, the ratio is nearly three to one.
It's also amazing how people forget all the non-bank entities that contributed to this mess. Countrywide, New Century, and Ameriquest are not banks. Yet they originated the majority of the sub-prime loans. 60% of their mortgages were non-traditional loans; option ARMs, hybrid-ARMs, No Doc/Low Doc, Ninja Loans, etc. That compares to 15% at the large banks. And even then, the large banks limited themselves to traditional ARMs and completely avoided the toxic Option ARM type loans.

Joe Balls

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#53959 Jan 8, 2013
Leeward LOLO wrote:
<quoted text>
Ian't this what America is now all about? Borrow and spend.
One comment:
Tony Villar at 6:25 AM January 08, 2013
It's amazing how people never complain about the $820 Billion homeowners cashed-out of their home's equity during the housing bubble. Or the $675 Billion in Home Equity Loans they took out. That's $1.4 Trillion dollars that was spent. During the six years of the housing bubble, the majority of mortgages were for refinancing an existing house, not for the purchase of a new home. In fact, the ratio is nearly three to one.
It's also amazing how people forget all the non-bank entities that contributed to this mess. Countrywide, New Century, and Ameriquest are not banks. Yet they originated the majority of the sub-prime loans. 60% of their mortgages were non-traditional loans; option ARMs, hybrid-ARMs, No Doc/Low Doc, Ninja Loans, etc. That compares to 15% at the large banks. And even then, the large banks limited themselves to traditional ARMs and completely avoided the toxic Option ARM type loans.
These were the only loans available to people that think big rims on their SUV are more important than a roof over their family's head. They should do a news survey to see how many loans were given to inheritants that re-fi'ed their dead parent's home, bought news stereos, and a new SUV with RIMS, and dope, and are now clamoring that the government owes them because they've been tossed off their old property for non-payment ot the new mortgage. I'd bet there are tons of stories like that right here in Hawaii, where locals emulate mainland blacks.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#53960 Jan 8, 2013
Leeward LOLO wrote:
<quoted text>
Ian't this what America is now all about? Borrow and spend.
One comment:
Tony Villar at 6:25 AM January 08, 2013
It's amazing how people never complain about the $820 Billion homeowners cashed-out of their home's equity during the housing bubble. Or the $675 Billion in Home Equity Loans they took out. That's $1.4 Trillion dollars that was spent. During the six years of the housing bubble, the majority of mortgages were for refinancing an existing house, not for the purchase of a new home. In fact, the ratio is nearly three to one.
It's also amazing how people forget all the non-bank entities that contributed to this mess. Countrywide, New Century, and Ameriquest are not banks. Yet they originated the majority of the sub-prime loans. 60% of their mortgages were non-traditional loans; option ARMs, hybrid-ARMs, No Doc/Low Doc, Ninja Loans, etc. That compares to 15% at the large banks. And even then, the large banks limited themselves to traditional ARMs and completely avoided the toxic Option ARM type loans.
...that is true. Never thought of it that way.

But there are so many other aspects of this that it is amazing. Most of that money was laundered drug money, according to reports from others. They made the bar so low that anyone could get far more than needed, or could even qualify for. That money found a home...millions of them. The banks took all money, and Congress changed the rules, and the entire thing took off. Nobody did their job, and they even changed the docs to make the lie even worse without the knowledge of the borrowers. And a million other things...and nobody went to jail under obama. Nobody.

They did all of this on purpose. Every aspect of fraud and corruption was there, and nobody goes to jail, yet millions lost their homes due to fraud. it has ruined this country, and it will never come back from this point on. They will print so much money that the fallout is yet to come. Make sure you have no debt when that happens.

The likely scenario of this is that the entire system crashes. Cracks are everywhere now. In every part of the world. So just live day to day, take care of your own business, and play the game for as long as it is there. If we get out of this mess, then we will be lucky.

The only thing I can say is that I am glad I never participated in that crap. Once I saw the 2001 debacle and so many people get raped by the tech bubble, that told me they would go for real estate next. And they did. The fact that nothing happened to these banks/etc. means that it will all happen again. The financial penalties for them is that they paid one-sixteenth of one percent as a penalty, while receiving a total bailout and billions in bonuses. They have a nice inventory to pick from in houses, commercial to spend it on, and the taxpayers gave it to them after they stole their homes and everything else from them first. obama does nothing through his DOJ to prosecute any of this after he OK'ed the bailouts and bankrupted the world. He did it and we lost. You should see all the Chase banks on every corner that suddenly popped up after the bailouts. Thousands of them, all look the same, and are beautiful. In every Wells Fargo that I go to now they have door-openers, women running all over everywhere asking you if you want bottled water, oranges, candy, coffee. All of that BEFORE you get ten feet in the door to do your banking. It is disgusting. Instead of giving you interest, now they give you candy.

Remember, they were supposed to re-lend those $Trillions back out, then suddenly "changed their minds" just before idiot obama signed off on it. They knew they could control him. No doubt the bc had something to do with it. They gave him the POTUS, and they got the world. And they are still doing it.

The lesson is, we are on our own. Your government is there for itself, not us. So live day by day.

This is not over yet.
Pau

Since: Jan 11

Honolulu, HI

#53961 Jan 8, 2013
moi hole wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as predicted and right on schedule
BTW ND lost, another of your prediction down the tube.
Cutesy Pseudonym - you really are a stalking troll aren't ya.

On another thread I had an opinion on the BCS game with another commentator. It was an opinion, freak show, not a prediction.

Speaking of freak show, why did you create,[another], topix login so you could only retort to my postings? I outed you long ago.

Not a prediction on outing, not an opinion on outing, but FACT!

LMFAO!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#53962 Jan 8, 2013
Pau wrote:
<quoted text>
Cutesy Pseudonym - you really are a stalking troll aren't ya.
On another thread I had an opinion on the BCS game with another commentator. It was an opinion, freak show, not a prediction.
Speaking of freak show, why did you create,[another], topix login so you could only retort to my postings? I outed you long ago.
Not a prediction on outing, not an opinion on outing, but FACT!
LMFAO!
Just as predicted and right on schedule
Leeward LOLO

Honolulu, HI

#53963 Jan 8, 2013
Just as predicted and right on schedule:

HONOLULU —Tesoro Corp. announced Tuesday that the company will shut down its refinery at Campbell Industrial Park by April.
..........

"The closing of the Kapolei refinery, one of only two refineries in Hawaii, is terrible news for the state and the workers who will lose their job because of this action," said Sen. Mazie Hirono. "I will work closely with Hawaii's delegation, state officials and community leaders to ensure displaced workers and their families receive whatever federal assistance is available to them as they search for new jobs."

Hirono says that Tesoro has assured her office that there will be no disruptions to Hawaii's gasoline supply for consumers and the military due to the refinery's closure.

"This closure underscores the importance of energy self-sufficiency for Hawaii," said Hirono. "While Hawaii is the most energy dependent state in the nation, we are not a dependent people. We must continue to find more ways to support research and development of renewable and alternative energy sources."
..........

(AND SURPRISE SURPRISE)
The downsides of refining oil in Hawaii have been building for years -- all crude oil is imported and from the Asian market, which is proving to be even more expensive than the Middle East, especially after Japan's earthquake and tsunami.

Some experts say the push toward renewable energy is also affecting the market.

The state has a goal to have 40 percent renewable energy by 2030.

Read more: http://www.kitv.com/news/money/Tesoro-to-shut...
FU Patrol

Canyon Country, CA

#53965 Jan 8, 2013
Pau wrote:
<quoted text>
Cutesy Pseudonym - you really are a stalking troll aren't ya.
On another thread I had an opinion on the BCS game with another commentator. It was an opinion, freak show, not a prediction.
Speaking of freak show, why did you create,[another], topix login so you could only retort to my postings? I outed you long ago.
Not a prediction on outing, not an opinion on outing, but FACT!
LMFAO!
FU

Joe Balls

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#53966 Jan 8, 2013
Leeward LOLO wrote:
..........
"This closure underscores the importance of energy self-sufficiency for Hawaii," said Hirono. "While Hawaii is the most energy dependent state in the nation, we are not a dependent people. We must continue to find more ways to support research and development of renewable and alternative energy sources."
..........
(AND SURPRISE SURPRISE)
The downsides of refining oil in Hawaii have been building for years -- all crude oil is imported and from the Asian market, which is proving to be even more expensive than the Middle East, especially after Japan's earthquake and tsunami.
Some experts say the push toward renewable energy is also affecting the market.
The state has a goal to have 40 percent renewable energy by 2030.
Read more: http://www.kitv.com/news/money/Tesoro-to-shut...
Hirono is full if shyt. Shutting down HALF of our oil refining won't affect us? Leaving a monopoly in place won't affect us? And doing everything the governor can to shut down solar energy companies doesn't affect us either, right?
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#53967 Jan 8, 2013
“You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.”

– William Boetcker –
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#53968 Jan 8, 2013
Joe Balls wrote:
<quoted text> Hirono is full if shyt. Shutting down HALF of our oil refining won't affect us? Leaving a monopoly in place won't affect us? And doing everything the governor can to shut down solar energy companies doesn't affect us either, right?
that Bill Oreily video on "why is Hawaii so liberal?" had a lot of truth in it...when a state is full of dems and nobody to stop their BS the whole state takes a hit. Everybody just lays around and wants to be taken care of. It will all crash. CA is worse than HI now, by far. Whole place here is crumbling...from the roads, to the budgets, to everything else. At least in HI you can be in paradise. The price of paradise...but well worth it. Time to sit back and let the show begin.
javy

United States

#53969 Jan 8, 2013
My IQ drops every time I read these posts!
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#53970 Jan 9, 2013
javy wrote:
My IQ drops every time I read these posts!
lol...where ya been javy?

Joe Balls

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#53971 Jan 9, 2013
Just got done talking to a guy in Missouri and man, it's getting tougher by the week just to survive. He's been working forty hours a week for his entire life and been knocked down to thirty hours a week under the current administration. Can't get a part-time job because of day-care costs, and is now facing foreclosure on his small farm because fuel, feed, and seed costs are through the roof. Maybe by next year, there will be a new ghetto-housing project where this American's house now stands. Obama's Jihad on white America continues....
Pau

Since: Jan 11

Honolulu, HI

#53972 Jan 9, 2013
Guru wrote:
<quoted text>
that Bill Oreily video on "why is Hawaii so liberal?" had a lot of truth in it...when a state is full of dems and nobody to stop their BS the whole state takes a hit. Everybody just lays around and wants to be taken care of. It will all crash. CA is worse than HI now, by far. Whole place here is crumbling...from the roads, to the budgets, to everything else. At least in HI you can be in paradise. The price of paradise...but well worth it. Time to sit back and let the show begin.
65% of civilians eligible to work are IN the labor force for the state of Hawaii. Top state is Alaska at around 70%. Hawaii is middle of the road NATIONALLY which proves that your disparaging the people of Hawaii defines you as ignorant.

Joe Balls

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#53973 Jan 9, 2013
"eligible to work" doesn't include the sick, lame, the fake-injured,, druggies, and just plain lazy twenty and thirty-something year old bums, of which you can see all around you, all day, every day.
Leeward LOLO

Honolulu, HI

#53974 Jan 9, 2013
Joe Balls wrote:
Just got done talking to a guy in Missouri and man, it's getting tougher by the week just to survive. He's been working forty hours a week for his entire life and been knocked down to thirty hours a week under the current administration. Can't get a part-time job because of day-care costs, and is now facing foreclosure on his small farm because fuel, feed, and seed costs are through the roof. Maybe by next year, there will be a new ghetto-housing project where this American's house now stands. Obama's Jihad on white America continues....
I noticed the number of chickens and cattle at one of my properties dropped and found out that a bag of food has gone from around $16.17 to $25.00.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waipio Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Love Obama 3 hr WASPaphobe 135
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 4 hr Princess Hey 3,581
Aiea Jukebox (Jun '12) 10 hr Musikologist 19
What happened to Bu La ia? (Jun '08) 11 hr Andy Bumati 31
football sheets? 19 hr no_1_football_fan 1
STD in HI Fri Joe Balls 5
News Farmers Markets Aug '16 -Sprocket- 6

Waipio Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Waipio Mortgages