Isle housing bottom seen - Business

Full story: Honolulu Star-Bulletin

The worst could be over for Oahu's slumping housing market even though slower conditions are expected to persist until there is better economic news in the state.
Comments
52,241 - 52,260 of 61,960 Comments Last updated 13 min ago
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#53828 Jan 3, 2013
Jack wrote:
((((((Thanks lolo and JB for answering those questions, that is important information that we can use from this point forward. A lot of change is about to happen, and it all starts with obama in his second term of destruction.)))))))..da guru said.
Guru why not just lick their butts like a huge slurpee!
(((A lot of change is about to happen))))...another solid prediction my guru.
hey there you ball-less fhaggott. How's yer LOW-T injections working out for ya there queerbait???

ROTFLMAO!!!
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#53830 Jan 3, 2013
11% state tax in Hawaii, highest in the nation.
Pau

Since: Jan 11

Honolulu, HI

#53831 Jan 3, 2013
Show the details of the 3.8% real estate sales that you posted. Oh yeah, that's right, you CAN'T!!!! You were outed by yours truly so there's no need to provide the SPECIFICS since it will show your propaganda BS in an unfavorable way. Had it been favorable, you'd be cut-n-pasting as if you were on PED'S.

Just as predicted and right on schedule.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#53832 Jan 3, 2013
Pau wrote:
Show the details of the 3.8% real estate sales that you posted. Oh yeah, that's right, you CAN'T!!!! You were outed by yours truly so there's no need to provide the SPECIFICS since it will show your propaganda BS in an unfavorable way. Had it been favorable, you'd be cut-n-pasting as if you were on PED'S.
FKOFF troll!
Pau

Honolulu, HI

#53833 Jan 3, 2013
Is that what you say to the server when they tell you Crow doesn't qualify for the senior discount since it's such a popular item these days?

Outed with being just as predicted and currently on schedule!
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#53834 Jan 4, 2013
obamacare taxes to hit in 2013...
http://www.forbes.com/sites/gracemarieturner/...

including the 3.8% tax on investment income including sale of a home...

"A new Surtax on Investment Income impacts individuals making more than $200,000 a year or couples with $250,000 or more. They must pay a new 3.8% levy on income from investments, possibly including profits from the sale of a home."

...eat your crow now paufaggy. I posted this just for you, buttfk.

JUST AS PREDICTED AND RIGHT ON SCHEDULE.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#53835 Jan 4, 2013
***obama's failure on the financial crises...no convictions by his justice dept on the thousands of people doing millions of criminal acts that have defrauded millions of Americans. Not one.

...and you have morons in here saying it is all the republican's fault. LOL! What a joke that is.

Every time you hear the paufaggays and the meezers say this just ask them the following:

"then why hasn't obama's corrupt justice dept gotten one conviction of all the fraud you are complaining about? lol! NOT ONE!

In fact, I am asking you pieces-of-shit that right now.

Clinton started it all by setting up the laws forcing lenders to lend to people without incomes, and Barney Frank and Chris Dodd made it worse. Bush went to Congress 17 times warning that this would happen. 17 times.

So you ended up with illegal aliens buying McMansions with NO credit, NO income, and NO jobs. Liar loans made to liars and forced to be done politically by liars in politics in the democrat party of the dumbest idiots on the planet. Chris Dodd got a loan that was below market on his house that saved him a few bucks a month as his incentive to pass laws that bankrupted the entire world. And obama is the biggest dummy of them all. He can't get a conviction on any of this, nor hes he even care.

What a laugh that is!

No wonder the smart money keeps the dumb shoe-shine boy in office. Massive fraud all over he place and NO convictions of any of them by the most corrupt administration in history. That is obama's legacy.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#53836 Jan 4, 2013
Pau wrote:
...now open your mouth and I'll shove the details in it for you to sukc on.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#53837 Jan 4, 2013
Obama's Staff Uses Autopen to Sign 'Fiscal Cliff' Legislation

No signing ceremony.
6:01 AM, Jan 3, 2013 • By DANIEL HALPER

President Barack Obama's staff used an autopen (a machine that mimics one's signature) to sign the "fiscal cliff" legislation that Congress passed on New Year's Day. There was no ceremony or photo-op for the autopen bill signing.
Obama reading

First, the White House announced that "the President signed into law." "On Wednesday, January 2, 2013, the President signed into law," said press secretary Jay Carney, suggesting that Obama had physically signed the bill. "H.R. 8, the "American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012," which makes permanent the temporary rates on taxable income at or below $400,000 for individual filers and $450,000 for married individuals filing jointly; permanently indexes the Alternative Minimum Tax exemption amount to the Consumer Price Index; extends emergency unemployment compensation benefits and Federal funding for extended benefits for unemployed workers for one year; continues current law Medicare payment rates for physicians' services furnished through December 31, 2013; extends farm bill policies and programs through September 30, 2013; and provides a postponement of the Budget Control Act's sequester for two months."

Within thirty minutes, the White House seems to have directed the pool reporter to send this note to reporters, from an unnamed "senior White House official": "We received the ['fiscal cliff'] bill late this afternoon, and it was immediately processed. A copy was delivered to the President for review. He then directed the bill be signed by autopen."
Related Stories

Back to Vacation: Obama Takes Midnight Flight to Hawaii
Obama Hits Congress: Big Deal 'Too Much to Hope for at ...
Obama:'Looks Like I'm Going to Be Spending New Year's ...
To Give In, or Not to Give In: That Is Not the Question
75 Percent of Obama's Proposed Tax Hikes to Go Toward ...

More by Daniel Halper

9/11 Truther Endorses Hagel
'The President Who Wants It All'
Joe Biden Gets Frisky with Senator's Wife
Obama Hits Gym in Hawaii While New Members Get Sworn In
Boehner Remains Speaker

A couple hours later, the pool reporter again appears to have been directed to send this message to the press: "The fiscal cliff bill was received late this afternoon when POTUS was already here. A copy was delivered to POTUS. He reviewed the copy and directed the legislation to be signed by auto pen," writes the pool reporter. The reporter specifically notes that another bill, a defense bill, was physically signed by the president himself yesterday.

The pool reporter sends along a link to a "Department of Justice legal brief on the subject" of bills being signed by the autopen. Here's the link, which says, according to the memo from a deputy assistant attorney general in the George W. Bush administration, that the practice is legally fine in theory.

George W. Bush, though, never signed a bill with an autopen. Obama has now done it 3 times.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#53838 Jan 4, 2013
Guru wrote:
<quoted text>
...now open your mouth and I'll shove the details in it for you to sukc on.
Why don't you suck on...FOUR MORE YEARS?....
Pau

Honolulu, HI

#53839 Jan 4, 2013
Nope. That doesn't qualify as SPECIFICS nor does a cut-n-paste from a hack entertainment site. Why don't you provide the details of WHEN the 3.8% of a sale is applied and how many people this will potentially affect when selling? C'mon now. Let's see it. Oh, my bad. You won't since it flies in the face of your daily nonsense of being the resident degenerate.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#53840 Jan 4, 2013
Lolo, What's with the weather? I lost two sheds last night to the wind, and it seems to be picking up this morning! To hell with it, I'm gonna let it blow until it wants to stop, and then clean up afterwards. I've got shyt scattered from one fence to the next, and my young trees have been stripped of all the leaves and most of the branches.
Leeward LOLO

Honolulu, HI

#53841 Jan 4, 2013
Joe Balls wrote:
Lolo, What's with the weather? I lost two sheds last night to the wind, and it seems to be picking up this morning! To hell with it, I'm gonna let it blow until it wants to stop, and then clean up afterwards. I've got shyt scattered from one fence to the next, and my young trees have been stripped of all the leaves and most of the branches.
Did you notice we had a few beautiful days, including New Years eve but turned ugly the day roachboy landed here again.

A couple short power outages but nothing like normal when the circus is in town.

Friend called a few ago, traffic backed up into Maili due to fatal ped accident at Kahe power plant just after 5 am.

Location hidden

#53842 Jan 4, 2013
Leeward LOLO wrote:
<quoted text>

A couple short power outago, traffic backed up into Maili due to fatal ped accident at Kahe power plant just after 5 am.
Was it a moped? 5AM? If it was, it was most likely a drug runner with no lights on the moped.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#53843 Jan 4, 2013
Pau wrote:
Nope. That doesn't qualify as SPECIFICS nor does a cut-n-paste from a hack entertainment site. Why don't you provide the details of WHEN the 3.8% of a sale is applied and how many people this will potentially affect when selling? C'mon now. Let's see it. Oh, my bad. You won't since it flies in the face of your daily nonsense of being the resident degenerate.
NOT good enough??? LOL!!! Those are the facts moron.

Do your own research. And here are some more details that count...

"DECEMBER JOBS 'LACKLUSTER'...
Rate for Blacks Rises Sharply...
SCARIEST JOBS CHART EVER...
11.5% For 18-29 Group...

UNEMPLOYMENT UP TO 7.8%
DEBT HITS $16,432,706,000,000.00"

BTW....your rent is due. Pay me now!
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#53844 Jan 4, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't you suck on...FOUR MORE YEARS?....
Here is what you and obama are suckkking on meezer:

"DECEMBER JOBS 'LACKLUSTER'...
Rate for Blacks Rises Sharply...
SCARIEST JOBS CHART EVER...
11.5% For 18-29 Group...

UNEMPLOYMENT UP TO 7.8%
DEBT HITS $16,432,706,000,000.00"

BTW....your rent is due. Pay me now!
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#53845 Jan 4, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't you suck on...FOUR MORE YEARS?....
LMAO!....here is some more for you and pau to suck on when you are not sucking on each other...

"STIFF DEAL: Workers making $30,000 to take bigger hit than the $500,000...

Taxpayer Bill for Obama's Hawaii Vacations:$20 Million...

Furniture company hailed by Obama closes..."

ROTFLMAO!!!

ENJOY YOUR TAX INCREASES MORONS! NEXT UP: A HIT TO YOUR WELFARE CHECKS IN MARCH!

:)))))
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#53847 Jan 4, 2013
William January 4, 2013 at 10:22 am

I guess the Obamas would say,“Let them eat vegan sugarfree cake!”

aggietx2 January 4, 2013 at 12:16 pm

…and wash it down with a SMALL, sugar-free,“green” softdrink.

Scottso January 4, 2013 at 10:26 am

Does any one know if the Obamas went to Hawaii on vacation while he was a Senator or State Senator?

Has this become their vacation destination ONLY after winning the Presidency and knowing it’s an all expense paid vacation?

Moe January 4, 2013 at 10:39 am

Good question…Keith?

Julie Brueckheimer January 4, 2013 at 10:56 am

Good question indeed.

King & Queen of USSA January 4, 2013 at 3:48 pm

From the lips of The Mooch:“Shared Sacrifice.”

Shofar January 4, 2013 at 10:46 am

As far as I can tell, he only went to Hawaii when there was some family situation, and it was not a tradition until he became POTUS. Honestly, who could afford to go to Hawaii, even on a senator’s pay every year, and stay at a 5 star location for two weeks?

I do not begrudge him a vacation in the least. Fact is, given that his position is a high stress job, I would not even complain if he took a few days every quarter to unwind and relax. My BIGGEST complaint, and I think that of most thinking persons, is that, in the face of extreme austerity that we are facing as a nation, he still ventures to the islands. There are literally scores, if not hundreds, of places he could go for R & R at a fraction of the cost.

And it is not really about the dollars spent that irks me, although it does, it is the image and what that conveys to the American people. We know that he is aloof, cold, and disdainful of anyone who dares to challenge him or his agenda. But, he could at least TRY to come off as caring by staying closer to home for vacations as most Americans have been forced to do.

Al Capone, that scion of Chicago gangstership and political brokering is credited as saying,“You can get much farther with a smile, a kind word and a gun than you can with a smile and a kind word.” That seems to be summing up Obama and his administration. The gun of course is metaphorical, as the progressives are trying to take all of them from everyone except the criminals.

glen January 4, 2013 at 11:13 am

Camp David comes to mind

DeniseVB January 4, 2013 at 11:24 am

It’s my understanding he didn’t start his “traditional Christmas Vacation” to Hawaii til after he was elected.

I know the Kennedy family owned a Palm Beach retreat, with security already built in, to escape the DC and Cape Cod winters to.

DeniseVB January 4, 2013 at 11:30 am

Kennedy’s Winter White House.

http://www.pinkpillbox.com/palmbeach.htm

It was no secret that Kennedy came from a very wealthy family.

J LaMarr January 4, 2013 at 12:02 pm

President Kennedy would never have done this on the taxpayers dime. He rejected accepting his earned salery. I disagreed with some of what he stood for but I acknowledge that he was an honorable man.

Barbara Norman January 4, 2013 at 4:53 pm

This is not the Democratic party that John Kennedy and his voters belonged to. This is an arrogant, elitest group that snubs their noses at the middle class because they can. I guess it’s going to take a while before the idiots that elected him see the method to his madness. via tagalong.io

continued-
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#53848 Jan 4, 2013
part 2-

MaryR January 4, 2013 at 1:29 pm

And Bush and Reagan escaped to their homes in Texas and California to vacation or work. Oblamer escapes to an extravagent, multi-million dollar retreat in Hawaii that requires a lot of security and 18 hours of flying at least 2 planes and all their entourage. Three times they’ve flown double-duty as Moochelle couldn’t wait for Barry in ’10 and ’11 and he flew out later and this year when he couldn’t get his job done in time so instead of staying and doing it, he flew to HI, flew back to DC and then back to HI again. You know if he was footing the bill, none of this would be happeneing. They’re living off the backs of the middle class.

MichMike January 4, 2013 at 1:36 pm

And what exactly did obama do upon his return during the “fiscal cliff” finalization. Nothing, it would appear and based on all accounts. And of course he did sign anything either while back in Washington. Pure political theater for an additional 4 million bucks.

dessertgirl January 4, 2013 at 1:49 pm

He got a breather from Moochelle. It is well known that they maintain separate bedrooms. The designer who did Mooch’s room in the WH was on TV talking about it at the time. They don’t get along and took a breather on the taxpayer’s dimessssss!

John January 4, 2013 at 4:59 pm

Why can’t he pay for his own vacation, like EVERYBODY else, so he’s the (lying) Potus, so what. He’s a millionaire, pay for your own shit.

Andre Havoc January 4, 2013 at 1:47 pm

What people are missing, is that when we go on vacation, we absorb the expense of that. If you are fortunate to get vacation days, or take time off your job, or your business, THAT IS ALL YOU GET. YOU then pay for all related vacation expenses out of your pay or savings. POTUS should get the TIME OFF WITH PAY, but HE SHOULD BE PAYING FOR HIS WAY. Plane tickets and all are up to him. Wherever he wants to go who cares!!!!!

tdrag January 4, 2013 at 2:40 pm

Shofar, Obama doesn’t give tinker’s damn about this country or any one who lives here. Keep repeating this to yourself. He just doesn’t care!

Ken January 4, 2013 at 3:25 pm

he was only senator for a couple of years. It is likely he did not vacation there until he hood winked the ignorant into electing him POTUS.

Location hidden

#53849 Jan 4, 2013
His "HOME" is Chicago but they don't want his crusty asz. He stay away because his memories of long leisurely drives while sucking on Larry Sinclair's dick make him cry.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waipio Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Abercrombie screws HHSC employees by starting r... 2 hr Joe Balls 7
Abercrombie sets historical defeat 2 hr Guru 4
Construction on Honolulu's King Street bicycle ... 2 hr Joe Balls 2
Watch KITV's Friday midday webcast 2 hr Joe Balls 2
OCCC escapee walked through open gate, official... 2 hr Joe Balls 2
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 11 hr -Lily- 2,155
Police looking for suspect in Zippy's Kapahulu ... 15 hr Joe Balls 2
•••
•••
•••