Isle housing bottom seen - Business

The worst could be over for Oahu's slumping housing market even though slower conditions are expected to persist until there is better economic news in the state. Full Story

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#53195 Dec 9, 2012
Guru wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never owned a trailor park. But I understand that owning mobile home parks is a great investment if run right.
That's right. I wanted to buy a park in Pennsylvania, in the early eighties. I used to deliver, set and repair mobile homes and always heard they were a good investment. That's especially true today with all the improvements that have come out in recent years. I just couldn't come up with the money. Only shitheades associate mobile homes with rednecks. If I could, I'd retire in Texas, buy forty or fifty acres and put a Mobile Home on it and be a happy camper.
Francine

Honolulu, HI

#53196 Dec 9, 2012
Guru wrote:
<quoted text>
which office?...sounds like a good one-lol!
and btw...what is a 'taxe"?
It is that make believe dikk you love to shove up your azz. Curious how you came up with the number 11,000? Is it really how many times you have shoved that TAXE up your butt?
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#53197 Dec 9, 2012
Joe Balls wrote:
<quoted text> That's right. I wanted to buy a park in Pennsylvania, in the early eighties. I used to deliver, set and repair mobile homes and always heard they were a good investment. That's especially true today with all the improvements that have come out in recent years. I just couldn't come up with the money. Only shitheades associate mobile homes with rednecks. If I could, I'd retire in Texas, buy forty or fifty acres and put a Mobile Home on it and be a happy camper.
absolutely! the turnover is high, and the homes come back to you while you get a great discount. Then you just re-sell them. Rents are steady, etc.

That is the new housing model from this point out. Homes will be too expensive, and mobile home parks will come back. They are a great fit in this country now. And they make sense. I sometimes look online...I have seen them for as low as a few thousand dollars on up. A really nice park that I know of where a friend of mine finally sold off his homes and retired there with several hundred of them, a large rec center, pool, etc. The people were great, lots of Canadians, come down for the winter, and run all over the place shopping, then go back in the hot summers. He was there all year round, and would travel in the summers at will. Rent fee was about $350/mo for the space. Utilities were like $8/mo. He had a two bedroom, two bath brand new one for $10K. Guy who sold it to him made a mistake, it was supposed to be about $21K or something like that, but he honored it anyway. It was a great home. He had his CB, would talk all over the world with it. It was a great place to live. Mesa, AZ was were it was located.
Jack

Phoenix, AZ

#53198 Dec 9, 2012
Guru wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never owned a trailor park. But I understand that owning mobile home parks is a great investment if run right.
and btw...what is a 'taxe"?

and S4Brains....what is a 'trailor' park??
Leeward LOLO

Honolulu, HI

#53199 Dec 9, 2012
Guru wrote:
<quoted text>
...just saw this...
Yeah, I don't doubt it. My dentist says the same thing. Time to quit and play. No use working when they want to take everything you have for themselves. Just raise their rents, charge more for everything, and mention obama as the reason.
I also talked to a well known md in Honolulu last week who told me he is closing down his office. Did not take welfares but did a lot of pro-bono work and public service announcements.
Seemed to have a good practice, always crowded and gave me the same reason, just travel and relax and maybe do a little in research at UH.

Plus a well known restaurant and most popular drive in will be closing. No mention of the roachboy but we all know the real reason.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#53200 Dec 9, 2012
I had a chance to buy a turn-key operation, 20-or-so-home park back in the early eighties. You can Google Earth it on Lake Milford, Kansas. I had done a lot of favors for the old man that owned it, and he wanted to sell it to me and retire to Florida. The price was 85K and it was on a lake with it's own marina full of rental houseboats. I couldn't come up with that much cash, and back then credit wasn't so easy for me to get, being as I was still in the military. Back them the military wasn't as well-paid as they are today. My "partner" had just lost his shirt in a divorce so he backed out at the last minute too. My buddy still drives by the place every month or so and tells me it's still in business.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#53201 Dec 9, 2012
Largest ever acquisition 'to be submitted for national security review'...
Own $7 Billion in U.S. Housing Market...
Buy up Obama's solar darling...

CHINA GOES SHOPPING IN USA

...just as predicted and right on schedule.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#53202 Dec 9, 2012
Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
and btw...what is a 'taxe"?
and S4Brains....what is a 'trailor' park??
...your asss.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#53203 Dec 9, 2012
CHINA is NOW buying up our real estate:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/27/chinese-...

Just as predicted and right on schedule.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#53204 Dec 9, 2012
(Excerpt from Great Quotes from Great Leaders)

1. "The best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time."
Abraham Lincoln
(1809-1865)

2. "Life is a series of experiences, each of which makes us bigger, even though it is hard to realize this. For the world was built to develop character, and we must learn that the setbacks and griefs which we endure help us in our marching onward."
Henry Ford
(1863-1947)

3. "Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless."
Mother Teresa
(1910-1997)

4. "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts."
Winston Churchill
(1874-1965)

5. "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Nelson Mandela
(1918 -)

6. "Leaders aren't born, they are made. They are made by hard effort, which is the price which all of us must pay to achieve any goal which is worthwhile."
Vince Lombardi
(1913-1970)

7. "Worry is the interest paid by those who borrow trouble."
George Washington
(1732-1799)

8. "We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face...we must do that which we think we cannot."
Eleanor Roosevelt
(1884-1962)

9. "A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes."
Mahatma Gandhi
(1869-1948)

10. "The ideals which have lighted my way, and time after time have given me new courage to face life cheerfully, have been kindness, beauty, and truth."
Albert Einstein
(1879-1955)

11. "Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort."
Franklin Roosevelt
(1882-1945)

12. "Constant kindness can accomplish much. As the sun makes ice melt, kindness causes misunderstanding, mistrust and hostility to evaporate."
Albert Schweitzer
(1875-1965)

13. "I believe the unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality."
Martin Luther King, Jr.
(1929-1968)

14. "Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experiences of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired and success achieved."
Helen Keller
(1880-1968)
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#53205 Dec 9, 2012
2nd bite to challenge Obama's eligibility?
We haven't heard much about Barack Obama's eligibility lately, but that could be about to change now that a longstanding legal challenge is possibly headed to one of the highest courts in America.

And this famous, no-nonsense justice has had "serious doubts" about the authenticity of you-know-who's birth certificate ...
Read the latest now on WND.com .
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#53206 Dec 9, 2012
Can you raed this? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can. I cdnuolt blveiee that I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd what I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in what oerdr the ltteres in a word are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is that the frsit and last ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can still raed it whotuit a pboerlm. This is bcuseaethe huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the word as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! If you can raed this forwrad it
Jack

Phoenix, AZ

#53208 Dec 10, 2012
Leeward LOLO wrote:
<quoted text>
I also talked to a well known md in Honolulu last week who told me he is closing down his office. Did not take welfares but did a lot of pro-bono work and public service announcements.
Seemed to have a good practice, always crowded and gave me the same reason, just travel and relax and maybe do a little in research at UH.
Plus a well known restaurant and most popular drive in will be closing. No mention of the roachboy but we all know the real reason.
You're quite the drag! Every place you go shuts down. You're negativity is reaching epic proportions.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#53209 Dec 10, 2012
Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
You're quite the drag! Every place you go shuts down. You're negativity is reaching epic proportions.
She's just reporting the facts. There are a few doctors that have given up trying to work in the toxic Obama environment. Lolo, does his name begin with Mc? That's another doctor that I know that is saying, "Good Riddance, Obama." Eventually, all's that will be left will be witch doctors from Africa and incense-burning, humus-eating hippies. Obama's Jihad against Americans continues....
Pau

Since: Jan 11

Honolulu, HI

#53210 Dec 10, 2012
[Excerpts of Great Quotes from *Delusional* leaders]

1: "Reagan proved that deficits don't matter." - Dick Cheney 2001

2: "I think Barack Obama is a one-term President." - Dick Cheney 2009

3: "I am a deficit hawk." - Dick Cheney 2001

4: "I promise you I will listen to what has been said here, even though I wasn't here." Bush Jr 2001

5: "You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror." Bush Jr. 2006

6: "The same folks that are bombing innocent people in Iraq were the ones who attacked us in America on September the 11th." Bush Jr. 2007

7: "This foreign policy stuff is a little frustrating." Bush Jr. 2002

8: "They misunderestimated me." Bush Jr. 2000

9: "I hear there's rumors on the Internets that we're going to have a draft." Bush Jr. 2004

10: "There's an old saying in Tennessee -- I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee -- that says, fool me once, shame on --shame on you. Fool me -- you can't get fooled again." Bush Jr. 2002

Just as predicted and right on schedule.

Howz that crow tasting? LMFAO!!!!!!BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUWAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
Leeward LOLO

Honolulu, HI

#53211 Dec 10, 2012
Joe Balls wrote:
<quoted text> She's just reporting the facts. There are a few doctors that have given up trying to work in the toxic Obama environment. Lolo, does his name begin with Mc? That's another doctor that I know that is saying, "Good Riddance, Obama." Eventually, all's that will be left will be witch doctors from Africa and incense-burning, humus-eating hippies. Obama's Jihad against Americans continues....
His name does not begin with Mc. He was on tv often with public service announcements geared to hiring local help. Also did tattoo removal pro bono to help patients get jobs and was involved in other money raiser events. A loss to the community.

But did not take insurance of any type, payment at time of service.
Not even his staff was aware of his 'retirement' until recently.

But then there are those of us who worked hard, invested wisely and can retire with ease.
Leeward LOLO

Honolulu, HI

#53212 Dec 10, 2012
GURU ~ I heard something on talk radio which, if true, is good news.

The figure $250,000 being thrown around is actually the adjusted figure.(If adjusted is the correct word.) Maybe it is amended but I got the idea it is net income.

I would think the lawmakers have high enough incomes that they are going to be careful with this one. Hopefully clip the roachboy's wings with his out of control giveaway spending.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#53213 Dec 10, 2012
Leeward LOLO wrote:
GURU ~ I heard something on talk radio which, if true, is good news.
The figure $250,000 being thrown around is actually the adjusted figure.(If adjusted is the correct word.) Maybe it is amended but I got the idea it is net income.
I would think the lawmakers have high enough incomes that they are going to be careful with this one. Hopefully clip the roachboy's wings with his out of control giveaway spending.
Yeah, I think it is too, but I am hearing a lot of uncertainty out there. It is a mess. Even my dentist says that they are being called an industry now because of the materials used in teeth with much higher tax rates. That is nuts. This thing is a giant tax grab.

I hate to say it, but I hope the R's get some balls and tell obama HE is going over the cliff alone. Let the fallout begin. I would give him nothing at this point. If they do, they will never be elected again for decades. They won't even have a party anymore.

At some point you have to let this jerk own his own mess and wallow in it. They had him on the bc issue, and still do, but let him slide. Once he got away with that, he had the machines rigged and go back in. Fatal mistake.

But remember this...he is keeping real quiet until January. He won't do anything except screw up the traffic in Hawaii until then. But after that, a lot of things will happen. He will become a real dictator then, and the shit will hit the fan one way or another. Get ready for another recession, and this country will go down, not up.

That is probably his entire plan. He has no allegiance to this country. So don't worry about it at all...it is out of our control now. I am just having fun now, no worries. This is the time to do that.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#53214 Dec 10, 2012
Pau wrote:
[Excerpts of Great Quotes from *Delusional* leaders]
1: "Reagan proved that deficits don't matter." - Dick Cheney 2001
2: "I think Barack Obama is a one-term President." - Dick Cheney 2009
3: "I am a deficit hawk." - Dick Cheney 2001
4: "I promise you I will listen to what has been said here, even though I wasn't here." Bush Jr 2001
5: "You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror." Bush Jr. 2006
6: "The same folks that are bombing innocent people in Iraq were the ones who attacked us in America on September the 11th." Bush Jr. 2007
7: "This foreign policy stuff is a little frustrating." Bush Jr. 2002
8: "They misunderestimated me." Bush Jr. 2000
9: "I hear there's rumors on the Internets that we're going to have a draft." Bush Jr. 2004
10: "There's an old saying in Tennessee -- I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee -- that says, fool me once, shame on --shame on you. Fool me -- you can't get fooled again." Bush Jr. 2002
Just as predicted and right on schedule.
Howz that crow tasting? LMFAO!!!!!!BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUWAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
You forgot one:

"Bush just increased the debt by $4T in 8 years! That is irresponsible! I will cut it in half in my first term!" (Fact: obama raised it by $6T in 4 years).

- Barrack obama.

...I am eating sushi with my millions of new found wealth from my tenants rent increases that obama just gave them (about $1.2M/year). How does your crow taste? Thanks obama!

lol!
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#53216 Dec 10, 2012
Massive voter fraud in the 2012 election...
http://www.wnd.com/2012/12/did-obama-steal-th...

obama needed 400,000 votes. He stole millions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waipio Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OBAMA COUNTDOWN for DAYS LEFT In Office UNTIL N... (Jan '14) 19 min Guru 1,722
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 3 hr 75 Scorpio 2,277
What Hawaii is really like. (Jan '08) 3 hr Guru 235
Lava flow 3 hr Guru 327
Al Sharpton, Preserver of the Victim Mentality 11 hr JRB 48
Costco will begin accepting food stamps - Hawai... (Oct '09) Dec 9 Joe Balls 565
2 chains limit bulk rice purchases (Jul '08) Nov '14 Joe Balls 4
Waipio Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Waipio People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Waipio News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Waipio

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:43 pm PST

NBC Sports 3:43PM
49ers' Crabtree doesn't know what future holds - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 3:54 PM
Derek Carr returns to practice with Raiders - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 9:05 PM
49ers Potential Cap Casualties for 2015
NBC Sports 4:31 AM
Michael Crabtree can't wait to see what happens this offseason
NBC Sports 7:10 AM
John Harbaugh: Family not pushing brother Jim to Michigan