Man accused in alcohol poisoning of g...

Man accused in alcohol poisoning of girl faces trial that may s...

There are 49 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Jan 10, 2010, titled Man accused in alcohol poisoning of girl faces trial that may s.... In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

QUESTION: What ever happened to the criminal case against the man accused of providing alcohol to a teenage girl who died of alcohol poisoning? ANSWER: Michael Clark, 25, is facing trial in state court for promoting intoxicating liquor to five teenage girls, including Makamae Ah Mook Sang, during a party at his parents' Hawaii Kai home in July.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Big John - Hawaii Kai

Kailua, HI

#1 Jan 10, 2010
Outrageous! Simply outrageous. This man committed a crime in 2007 and he's yet to be sentenced. What a load of bull. His mental competence should have been brought up before the trial, not at sentencing.

Another trick by an ambulance chasing attorney. If the judge allows this, yet another delay, it will only show the incompentence of said jurist.
solar man

Honolulu, HI

#2 Jan 10, 2010
What the heck, he assaults the cops and doesnt go to jail yet? His family must be connected,
SB do your job and give us a background of his family.
Concerned

Honolulu, HI

#3 Jan 10, 2010
Both of you have it wrong. I met this young man personally this year. He came to see me for some treatment (I am a doctor). No, his family is definitely NOT connected, far from it. And NO this is not a TRICK by an attorney. This young man really has some issues that must be dealt with. He is a surprisingly soft-spoken, polite and likable person. I was to say the least, surprised when I heard about his problems. I think he should be held accountable for his actions. HOWEVER I hope that people understand that this man is not a bad person - rather that his mental competence and decision making abilities are impaired. Again, he must be accountable for his actions and what he did. I am sure he is willing to serve whatever time is laid on him. However to think that he is an evil person is simply wrong.
Prison Time

Hilo, HI

#4 Jan 10, 2010
"Dr. Concerned" may be right, but Mr. Clark must be placed in prison before anymore of his impaired decision making hurts another person. Let the shrinks work on him while he is wearing a prison uniform.
iceebear

Kaneohe, HI

#5 Jan 10, 2010
Just as a related issue, as "Dr. Concerned" seems to be dangerously close to violating Federal privacy laws by discussing these medical issues/assessments in public. I am surprised that any doctor would not be very careful with this, no matter what the good intentions might be. Even mentioning the fact that he treated this person could be an issue, and more so if he is a psychiatrist/psychologist. I hope the family and Feds don't make an issue of this.
Fake

Honolulu, HI

#6 Jan 10, 2010
Concerned wrote:
Both of you have it wrong. I met this young man personally this year. He came to see me for some treatment (I am a doctor). No, his family is definitely NOT connected, far from it. And NO this is not a TRICK by an attorney. This young man really has some issues that must be dealt with. He is a surprisingly soft-spoken, polite and likable person. I was to say the least, surprised when I heard about his problems. I think he should be held accountable for his actions. HOWEVER I hope that people understand that this man is not a bad person - rather that his mental competence and decision making abilities are impaired. Again, he must be accountable for his actions and what he did. I am sure he is willing to serve whatever time is laid on him. However to think that he is an evil person is simply wrong.
Doc Boo Liah. Ahahahahaha.
Hookaumaha

Paauilo, HI

#7 Jan 10, 2010
"However to think that he is an evil person is simply wrong." You should tell that face to face to the dead girls parents.
Give Us a Break

Kailua, HI

#8 Jan 10, 2010
He's not a bad person? He injures a police officer performing his duties, then causes the death of a young girl. If he's a good person, I would really hate to meet up with a bad one!
Concerned wrote:
Both of you have it wrong. I met this young man personally this year. He came to see me for some treatment (I am a doctor). No, his family is definitely NOT connected, far from it. And NO this is not a TRICK by an attorney. This young man really has some issues that must be dealt with. He is a surprisingly soft-spoken, polite and likable person. I was to say the least, surprised when I heard about his problems. I think he should be held accountable for his actions. HOWEVER I hope that people understand that this man is not a bad person - rather that his mental competence and decision making abilities are impaired. Again, he must be accountable for his actions and what he did. I am sure he is willing to serve whatever time is laid on him. However to think that he is an evil person is simply wrong.
sicknfntired

Waianae, HI

#9 Jan 10, 2010
Give us a break Dr. Freud, ADD and ADHD had nothing to do with his getting five underage girls drunk; one of them to the point of having so much alcohol in her bloodstream that it kills her! It may help keep him out of prison on the felony assault charges, being that he no doubt has a big dollar mouthpiece and even bigger dollar shrink in his corner! For a couple hundred G’s Psychologists and Psychiatrists would be lining up willing to swear that he had nightmares of Gorilla’s dressed in police uniforms gang raping him, causing his ADHD to kick in when the Police tried to arrest him at the Ala Moana Hotel! With that said, in my opinion, questions of his mental competence should have been raised in pretrial arguments and/or have been the core of his defense; not a last ditch effort, as the timing infers! As for the fact the Prosecution is only charging him with promoting intoxicating liquor, tells me either his family has connections or his family is loaded! Either way, the fact that she was a 15 year old minor, fed enough alcohol to kill her by a young man 10 years her senior is sinister in itself! Did he have sex with her or any of the others, and did he use alcohol to render her incapacitated for the purpose of sex? Why aren’t the prosecution seeking man slaughter charges; minimum?! He caused her death while in the commission of a felony; they should throw the book at him! If their zip codes were reversed, he from Papakolea and she from Hawaii Kai, that’s exactly what would happed, and it would have been a quick and speedy trial!
Loser

Mililani, HI

#10 Jan 10, 2010
Once a loser always a loser. There is always someone with some lame excuse to explain away criminal behavior. If he has so many issues and is so mentally incompetent, then why is he out walking the streets? What a bunch of baloney. He should be locked up where he can't harm himself or others.
Stumpy

Honolulu, HI

#11 Jan 10, 2010
Concerned wrote:
Both of you have it wrong. I met this young man personally this year. He came to see me for some treatment (I am a doctor). No, his family is definitely NOT connected, far from it. And NO this is not a TRICK by an attorney. This young man really has some issues that must be dealt with. He is a surprisingly soft-spoken, polite and likable person. I was to say the least, surprised when I heard about his problems. I think he should be held accountable for his actions. HOWEVER I hope that people understand that this man is not a bad person - rather that his mental competence and decision making abilities are impaired. Again, he must be accountable for his actions and what he did. I am sure he is willing to serve whatever time is laid on him. However to think that he is an evil person is simply wrong.
Skip the therapy, Doc. Go straight to Euthansia. People don't care about him, they care about his victims.
Concerned

Honolulu, HI

#12 Jan 10, 2010
Iceebear - first of all, nothing I said was not already mentioned in this article. Secondly, the reaction to what I wrote is exactly why I worte it. People love to hear how the person on trial is an evil person that deserves to be put away forever. Unless they are part of the family or friends of those persons they find some sort of satisfaction with "swift justice" without knowing the facts. It's funny how people are only concerned with what is the whole story when it only concerns themselves. This is all I have to say about this subject.
Hookaumaha

Paauilo, HI

#13 Jan 10, 2010
Concerned wrote:
Iceebear - first of all, nothing I said was not already mentioned in this article. Secondly, the reaction to what I wrote is exactly why I worte it. People love to hear how the person on trial is an evil person that deserves to be put away forever. Unless they are part of the family or friends of those persons they find some sort of satisfaction with "swift justice" without knowing the facts. It's funny how people are only concerned with what is the whole story when it only concerns themselves. This is all I have to say about this subject.
Assault on an police officer, death of a 15 year old due to access to alcohol provided by this adult, those are the FACTS that I know of, the rest is psycho-babble.
allfedup

Ewa Beach, HI

#14 Jan 10, 2010
so whats new in this F....D up state
Die Hard

Kailua Kona, HI

#15 Jan 10, 2010
"His psychiatrist said the court proceedings have been difficult for Clark to comprehend given his learning disabilities and attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, as well as "the anxiety exacerbated by the 'reliving' of the trauma he has experienced."

What a crock of horse manure. This is an insult to all people who have ADHD and live normal and productive lives. What a quack!!!
Stumpy

Honolulu, HI

#16 Jan 10, 2010
Die Hard wrote:
"His psychiatrist said the court proceedings have been difficult for Clark to comprehend given his learning disabilities and attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, as well as "the anxiety exacerbated by the 'reliving' of the trauma he has experienced."
What a crock of horse manure. This is an insult to all people who have ADHD and live normal and productive lives. What a quack!!!

There is a sure-fire cure for ADD and ADHD. I'm wearing one around my waist.
hmmmm

Mililani, HI

#17 Jan 10, 2010
Concerned wrote:
Both of you have it wrong. I met this young man personally this year. He came to see me for some treatment (I am a doctor). No, his family is definitely NOT connected, far from it. And NO this is not a TRICK by an attorney. This young man really has some issues that must be dealt with. He is a surprisingly soft-spoken, polite and likable person. I was to say the least, surprised when I heard about his problems. I think he should be held accountable for his actions. HOWEVER I hope that people understand that this man is not a bad person - rather that his mental competence and decision making abilities are impaired. Again, he must be accountable for his actions and what he did. I am sure he is willing to serve whatever time is laid on him. However to think that he is an evil person is simply wrong.
If he came to you and you couldn't see this coming then you must not be that good.....
solar man

Honolulu, HI

#18 Jan 11, 2010
With all of his supposed mental problems he was still able to hold a party at his parent's house unsupervised? He is connected because none of the teens and adults at the party stepped forward yet to say anything about how she died.
LauLau

AOL

#19 Jan 11, 2010
I hope Clark has alot of dental floss!!!!!!!! How do you say Ben Dover????????
Sad judiciary system

Silver Spring, MD

#20 Jan 11, 2010
Our judicial system in so pathetic. He assaults a police officer in 2007 and as of 2010 nothing come of that case. Typical screwed up system.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waipio Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Nazis are banning plastic bags 5 hr Bad COP No dognut 18
God HELP Me IN PURGING OBAMA FROM MY HEAD 10 hr District 1 27
Add A Word, Drop, Drop A Word (May '11) 10 hr District 1 575
add a word/drop a word and 'stuff' (Nov '16) 10 hr District 1 665
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 10 hr District 1 4,464
Preacher Jim (Feb '11) 15 hr Bring My Own Pitc... 593
Mr. President, Donald Trump (Aug '15) 15 hr Snore Bird 2,236

Waipio Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Waipio Mortgages