Deal clears way for Waipio development

Deal clears way for Waipio development

There are 14 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from May 2, 2008, titled Deal clears way for Waipio development. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

Wahiawa Hospital has settled its suit over land at the Koa Ridge residential project By Kristen Consillio [email protected] Castle & Cooke Homes Hawaii Inc.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

pali

United States

#1 May 2, 2008
Because Oahu needs more homes.
Cat Manapua

Saint George, UT

#2 May 2, 2008
Hey. Didn't yesterday's paper ask citizens to cut back on water use because there was a shortage?

Where will all the water come from for these houses?

Maybe the Train To Nowhere will bring it.
young grasshoppa

Honolulu, HI

#3 May 2, 2008
i can see that development going up in smoke. That whole area is a fire hazard, LOL.
Dman

San Diego, CA

#4 May 2, 2008
Yes more development, H2 will be like H1 once all those new homes are in, I thought it was a lot more than 3500. Is that a typo
fukuen

Honolulu, HI

#5 May 2, 2008
idk
Local Boy Honolulu

Kapaa, HI

#6 May 2, 2008
Waipo today, Galbraith Estates tomarrow. Big boys win votes in OUR legislators. Quote from the Honolulu Star bulletin:

protecting ag
State Sen. Jill Tokuda, D-24th (Kailua, Kane'ohe), said the agricultural bill would provide incentives for landowners and farmers to get the "three critical components needed to sustain and grow our state's agricultural industry: access to land, water and capital.

"Without all three, we will not be able to ensure that active agricultural operations can be maintained on our agricultural lands."

But some environmentalists, including the Sierra Club Hawai'i chapter, had opposed the bill because it could make it easier for large landowners to reclassify a portion of their land from agricultural to rural, urban or conservation, leading to more golf courses or luxury home projects.

Keep on voting in the same people to represent you again. Ugh!!!!!!!!!!

“Eschew Obfuscation”

Since: Dec 07

Honolulu, HI

#7 May 2, 2008
The best thing that can be done to improve the health of the lot of Central Oahu would be to close Wahiawa Hospital...it's a great place to go if you don't care about your health.
concerned

Honolulu, HI

#8 May 2, 2008
Do we have enough water?
Derrick

United States

#9 May 2, 2008
All we need is more homes to invite more people to live here to create more traffic and more accidents and more potholes and more...arghh! Enough already, just say no! This island is oversaturated as is.
Moe

Honolulu, HI

#10 May 2, 2008
Central Oahu is need of a modern hospital with more bed space, modern emergency rooms and up to date technology. However the current infrastructure cannot and will not be able to handle the traffic or more homes.
Doesn't somebody get it?
give me a break

Kaneohe, HI

#11 May 2, 2008
HEY, MUFSTER ANOTHER TRAIN TO NOWHERE......AGAIN "MASTER PLAN", BUILDING PERMITS, NO INFRASTRUCTURE" ONLY 3500 HOMES, NO PROBLEM FOR TRAFFIC, RIGHT????????

Still from Kaneohe.
IcySolution

Waipahu, HI

#12 May 2, 2008
Cat Manapua wrote:
Hey. Didn't yesterday's paper ask citizens to cut back on water use because there was a shortage?
Where will all the water come from for these houses?
Maybe the Train To Nowhere will bring it.
Maybe we'll fly it in on Aloha Air Cargo from Utah...
BTW what do you care?... you're NOT even a Hawaii taxpayer
IcySolution

Waipahu, HI

#13 May 2, 2008
give me a break wrote:
HEY, MUFSTER ANOTHER TRAIN TO NOWHERE......AGAIN "MASTER PLAN", BUILDING PERMITS, NO INFRASTRUCTURE" ONLY 3500 HOMES, NO PROBLEM FOR TRAFFIC, RIGHT????????
Still from Kaneohe.
Sounds like a disgruntled resident of Lanikai who can't rent out his home because of the "gridlock: in the state legislature...maybe a few eggs across the yard may work...
Hypocrisy

Lihue, HI

#14 May 2, 2008
Would C&C sell this land for ag use by native Hawaiians instead of 3500 houses etc?
The water up there makes this ideal for ag, it would seem. In this instance, Sierra Club might have it right.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waipio Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Outing the Main Troll on the Honolulu Topix Forum 2 hr District 1 26
The Muslim World is Broken (Sep '15) 2 hr District 1 698
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 3 hr _FLATLINE-------- 3,197
Failed GOP Prediction 7 hr Leeward Outlier 1
Trump or Hillary 8 hr Leeward Outlier 60
What Hawaii is really like. (Jan '08) 8 hr Jack 677
Joe BALLS Has Always Been A Big Fat LIAR (Jul '15) Sat Harry 16
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Waipio Mortgages