United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Hawaii is a very tough place to move to if you don't have connections before you get here. 4 grand? Good luck, rents are around 1K a month for a room, food prices run about 30% higher than the mainland and other costs run about double. That job in a resort or hotel your looking for? Do you speak Hawaiian? Do you fluently speak a foreign language like Japanese, Korean, Chinese or even Spanish? Because if you don't, you don't qualify to work here. BTW, do you have at least 3 years experience in the hospitality industry, Hawaii is a professional tourism market. Housing is extremely difficult to find, and on a typical hotel salary, forget a car. As for sleeping on the beach, the cops will ensure that don't work out so well for you, but there's an absolutely wonderful emergency shelter you can flop at just outside of downtown. Take some advice, if you ain't got your act together, don't bother coming.
Listen to Bob

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Quebert wrote:
Hawaii is a very tough place to move to if you don't have connections before you get here. 4 grand? Good luck, rents are around 1K a month for a room, food prices run about 30% higher than the mainland and other costs run about double. That job in a resort or hotel your looking for? Do you speak Hawaiian? Do you fluently speak a foreign language like Japanese, Korean, Chinese or even Spanish? Because if you don't, you don't qualify to work here. BTW, do you have at least 3 years experience in the hospitality industry, Hawaii is a professional tourism market. Housing is extremely difficult to find, and on a typical hotel salary, forget a car. As for sleeping on the beach, the cops will ensure that don't work out so well for you, but there's an absolutely wonderful emergency shelter you can flop at just outside of downtown. Take some advice, if you ain't got your act together, don't bother coming.
No need to be negative Q. Look in the rental ads for deals. Safe neighborhood, nice apt. etc...$700. Food at Costco is the same price on Oahu as it is on the mainland. 4 thousand is more than 70 % of what any local has ever had at one time. You'll be all right newcomer.
Listen to Bob

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

District 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Better to drag one's slippers here in local fashion, than to drag one's knuckles over there in Neanderthal fashion.
Fashion at your age? Your mumus r attired.
District 1

Pearl City, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

It's "muumuus," Alley Oop.
Or, perhaps you are now known as "Geico?"
District 1

Pearl City, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Listen to Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to be negative Q. Look in the rental ads for deals. Safe neighborhood, nice apt. etc...$700. Food at Costco is the same price on Oahu as it is on the mainland. 4 thousand is more than 70 % of what any local has ever had at one time. You'll be all right newcomer.
And, don't forget that traffic is only the SECOND worst in the Nation.
Whew! Glad it's better than LA!
Listen to Bob

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

i'll be riding the air conditioned rail as i travel on Oahu.
District 1

Pearl City, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Start waiting at the station from now. I think the lines will be very long, and you would not want to be left behind.
Listen to Bob

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

District 1 wrote:
Start waiting at the station from now. I think the lines will be very long, and you would not want to be left behind.
Please don't think just let your heart speak.
Listen to Bob

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

District 1 wrote:
It's "muumuus," Alley Oop.
Or, perhaps you are now known as "Geico?"
You must be pretending as to throw us all off your secret attire.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images...
District 1

Pearl City, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Listen to Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be pretending as to throw us all off your secret attire.
http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images...
http://www.muumuuheaven.com/ho me/index.php
Umm...Mainland Haole PERVERSION of a Hawaiian word.
It's Mu`umu`u, haole.
Just because you don't know does not make it so.
Listen to Bob

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

District 1 wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.muumuuheaven.com/home/index.php
Umm...Mainland Haole PERVERSION of a Hawaiian word.
It's Mu`umu`u, haole.
Just because you don't know does not make it so.
This is the internet jolly mon!

Also the 21th century.
Quebert

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Room 700.00 nothing included. might find a room in a private residence or sublet at an apartment or condo, but since your newcomer knows no one, good luck with that. BTW I know of even cheaper rooms but no one's been able to move into the building for the last four years, as they are full and no one's moving.
I came to Hawaii in very similar manner to this guy, and I know the truth about it--I left for three years to work and get a graduate degree--and came back again, so I know how it is quite well, thank you.
Unemployment, costs, lack of resources, lack of jobs, and let's not forget you're an outsider, why should some one hire you and let a local family do without?
You've been warned.
Listen to Bob

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

and let's not forget you're an outsider, why should some one hire you and let a local family do without?

Never saw a group of people at Home Depot with water jug and pail in hand waiting in the am hours for someone to hire them for work at any hD store.
Do remember HD signs stating they Were Hiring .
With all respect local families don't do without. Nobody misses a meal.
District 1

Pearl City, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Quebert wrote:
Room 700.00 nothing included. might find a room in a private residence or sublet at an apartment or condo, but since your newcomer knows no one, good luck with that. BTW I know of even cheaper rooms but no one's been able to move into the building for the last four years, as they are full and no one's moving.
I came to Hawaii in very similar manner to this guy, and I know the truth about it--I left for three years to work and get a graduate degree--and came back again, so I know how it is quite well, thank you.
Unemployment, costs, lack of resources, lack of jobs, and let's not forget you're an outsider, why should some one hire you and let a local family do without?
You've been warned.
Speak true, brother. Speak true.
Few who move here ever find the "paradise" they thought they would. The irony is that those who abandon their expectations, and come with an open mind and respectful heart often do find a suitable paradise, but those who seek to mold Hawaii into "their" paradise lose it in the glare of reality.
Listen to Bob

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

District 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Speak true, brother. Speak true.
Few who move here ever find the "paradise" they thought they would. The irony is that those who abandon their expectations, and come with an open mind and respectful heart often do find a suitable paradise, but those who seek to mold Hawaii into "their" paradise lose it in the glare of reality.
Queerbert probably is your brother from another mother but that is besides the point. Read up on this respectful heart theory and you will find you are wrong brah. At least 50% wrong.
District 1

Pearl City, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Listen to Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Queerbert probably is your brother from another mother but that is besides the point. Read up on this respectful heart theory and you will find you are wrong brah. At least 50% wrong.
I have, on your advice, researched my "respectful heart" theory. Turns out you are correct.
It's actually 90% of malihini haoles who find acceptance, and 10% of Haoles (like you) make it more difficult for the 90% to find acceptance.
Leeward LoLo

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

District 1 wrote:
<quoted text>I have, on your advice, researched my "respectful heart" theory. Turns out you are correct.
It's actually 90% of malihini haoles who find acceptance, and 10% of Haoles (like you) make it more difficult for the 90% to find acceptance.
Sitting on your carpeted lawn speaking with the menehune doesn't count. You failed your homework assignment. Stay tuned for an additional homework assignment.
Leeward LoLo

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Also i would make you stay after class and bang the erasers again but you would threaten to burn down the building again....just sayin'
Leeward Lolo

Waianae, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Leeward LoLo wrote:
Also i would make you stay after class and bang the erasers again but you would threaten to burn down the building again....just sayin'
WASTE OF TIME IMPOSTER alert.
District 1

Pearl City, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Leeward LoLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sitting on your carpeted lawn speaking with the menehune doesn't count. You failed your homework assignment. Stay tuned for an additional homework assignment.
This makes sense like chickens with teets.
Scottsdale is paradise, and Hawaii is Hades. We so envy you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Waipio Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Waipio Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••