Okino nixed for anti-gay remarks

Jan 26, 2013 Full story: The Honolulu Advertiser 69

At a City Council Executive Matters and Legal Affairs Committee on Tuesday, Okino told members querying him on his nomination that I have no tolerance for homosexuality and that gay people are in danger not only spiritually, but physically.

Read more
SnoreBird

Honolulu, HI

#24 Jan 27, 2013
Bye the was *Splat*.

“MONEY IS THE ROOT TO ALL ”

Since: Mar 09

HAPPINESS...BE RICH, BE HAPPY

#25 Jan 27, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
And spreading evil and lies about taxpayers in your state is a good way to get yourself in hot water.
As it should be.
Spreading evil and lies about your perverted lifestyle is disgusting and pathetic

Youre not going to make us the bad guys...YOURE the ones that are evil not us.

Nice try, though.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#26 Jan 27, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
The 14th amendment was created for blacks and slavery it has absolutely nothing to do with Homosexuality. Everyone has equal protection under the Constitution, homos want special protection, special rights, special laws to accommodate their CHOSEN lifestyle.
MY party will fight to strengthen and maintain the traditional family which is the foundation of our country.
Go ahead and strengthen the traditional family if you can.

That has nothing to do with gay marriage. The two exist side by side, no problem. Unless you want to create a problem.

Simple equality is not "special rights."

Being gay is not chosen.(Religion is, btw.)

Being gay is not a lifestyle.

You need to educate yourself before participating in this discussion. We don't have time to teach you the basics.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#27 Jan 27, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
Spreading evil and lies about your perverted lifestyle is disgusting and pathetic
Nice try, though.
No, you're already the bad guys. That much is clear. You are unAmerican bad guys.

#28 Jan 27, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you're already the bad guys.
No, YOU are.

Thanks for playing.

Next!!
Luau Slippahs

Honolulu, HI

#29 Jan 27, 2013
Burp.
Quest

Woodford, VA

#30 Jan 27, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try, though.
How would you know ANYTHING about my lifestyle - you have never met me.

I can tell you what it is, though. I'm a spouse, a karate Mom, and a Christian who is active in my church.

How is that lifestyle any different form anyone else you know? How is it "evil"? How is it "disgusting"?

If you pretend to know more than you do, and use that lack of knowledge to harm other people and other families, then, yes, by definition, you ARE the bad guy.

Are gay people trying to deny you the right to marry? Do we call every straight person evil and disgusting simply because we don't feel the same attraction to the opposite gender that they do?

Of course not, but you would make US the bad guys.

My Dear, because of your ignorance and the harm to others that is your goal, you ARE the bad guy.

But anyone can change, if they choose.

#31 Jan 27, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Being gay is not chosen.(Religion is, btw.)
LIE
Being gay is not a lifestyle.
LIE
Quest

Woodford, VA

#32 Jan 27, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
No, YOU are.
Thanks for playing.
Next!!
It's not a game for most folks. It's about life.

If ALL gay people are the bad guys, explain and prove, in detail, what I do that is bad. How does my life and my family harm you and yours?

If all of us are guilty of the same imagined sins, can you tell us what mine are?

Or, are you just projecting your own lack of knowledge and insecurities on people you will never meet?

#33 Jan 27, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
You are unAmerican bad guys.
No, YOU are.

and you know it.

Next!
Quest

Woodford, VA

#34 Jan 27, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
Says who? He's also supposed to tell the truth...but then you liberals don't care about the truth, do you?
First you would have to prove that simply being gay is dangerous in any way.

Good luck with that one.

People, gay and straight, can engage in a million dangerous behaviors, even criminal ones. They can also engage in a million beneficial and positive behaviors.

But there is NO inherent danger in anyone's sexual orientation.

To say so just makes a person sound ridiculous, and we just can't afford to have silly elected leaders.

Location hidden

#35 Jan 27, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you're already the bad guys. That much is clear. You are unAmerican bad guys.
You know ... we don't really talk to him anymore.
Proud straight guy

Honolulu, HI

#36 Jan 27, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
How would you know ANYTHING about my lifestyle - you have never met me.
I can tell you what it is, though. I'm a spouse, a karate Mom, and a Christian who is active in my church.
How is that lifestyle any different form anyone else you know? How is it "evil"? How is it "disgusting"?
If you pretend to know more than you do, and use that lack of knowledge to harm other people and other families, then, yes, by definition, you ARE the bad guy.
Are gay people trying to deny you the right to marry? Do we call every straight person evil and disgusting simply because we don't feel the same attraction to the opposite gender that they do?
Of course not, but you would make US the bad guys.
My Dear, because of your ignorance and the harm to others that is your goal, you ARE the bad guy.
But anyone can change, if they choose.
One of the worst things in the world is when a gay tries to justify his/her behavior. Trying to convince people this should be considered normal, acceptable behavior and it should be embraced ...that's truly evil..

PURE EVIL.
Evil slayer

Honolulu, HI

#37 Jan 27, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
What he said was right on the money but Oblahblah and the Demoncrats have turned this country upside down to where right is wrong and speaking the truth doesn't matter anymore.
You are the queen of not speaking the truth.
Proud straight guy

Honolulu, HI

#38 Jan 27, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a game for most folks. It's about life.
That's right and it's about the salvation of our country so stop playing your silly little love games.

#39 Jan 27, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that all Republicans don't know the difference between lies and the truth?
Most of those that I know, do.
I guess you don't.
You think the Democrats care about you? They just want your campaign donations, stupid. Why doesn't Obama have any gays in his administration?

#40 Jan 27, 2013
Evil slayer wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the queen of not speaking the truth.
Look who's talkin

Location hidden

#41 Jan 27, 2013
Proud straight guy wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the worst things in the world is when a gay tries to justify his/her behavior. Trying to convince people this should be considered normal, acceptable behavior and it should be embraced ...that's truly evil..
PURE EVIL.
"justify" is essentially a protestant obsession, not shared by other sects and definitely not by gay people. Outside a religious context it has only to do with accounting matters. That is really not one of our problems, either.

Care to try a different word?

Location hidden

#42 Jan 27, 2013
Proud straight guy wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right and it's about the salvation of our country so stop playing your silly little love games.
"salvation" ?

In what sense?

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#43 Jan 27, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
You think the Democrats care about you? They just want your campaign donations, stupid. Why doesn't Obama have any gays in his administration?
They DO have one. Remember Larry Sinclair?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waipio Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Har har har har (Apr '14) 10 min Hyena 4 74
Protesting Blacks Just Don't Understand "Mess w... 1 hr JBs Legal Age Dau... 69
Full-Blooded Hawaiians - The disappearing race (May '08) 9 hr Joe 85
News Public hearings slated for proposed water rate ... 9 hr Joe 2
SNOOPES exposed as liberal hack site (Jan '14) Thu anonymous 24
Abercrombie: "I am who I am." Mar 25 District 1 3
News Costco will begin accepting food stamps - Hawai... (Oct '09) Dec '14 Joe Balls 565
Waipio Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Waipio People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]