Menor gets 2 days in jail for drunk d...

Menor gets 2 days in jail for drunk driving

There are 28 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from May 23, 2008, titled Menor gets 2 days in jail for drunk driving. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

State Sen. Ron Menor will spend two days in jail this weekend after pleading no contest to a drunk driving charge this morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Chicago, IL

#39 May 24, 2008
Goes to show you the character of these liberal democrt politicians, never practicing what they preach. Shame on the people of Hawaii who voted this weasal liar into office.

Koloa, HI

#41 May 26, 2008
Apparently he got credit for one day after spending 90 minuts when arrested. Then spent less that 24 hrs at OCCC before being released.

All I want to know is if all that is standard practice or if he got special treatment.

#42 May 28, 2008
Doesn't anyone find it a little strange that the officer in question first said that he didn't take the test at the scene and now it looks like he did?

Can't trust anybody these days...

“Eschew Obfuscation”

Since: Dec 07

Honolulu, HI

#45 May 29, 2008
hawaii808 wrote:
"$800 and sentenced Menor to 2 days in the Oahu Community Correctional Center because he was driving drunk with a minor under the age of 15 in the vehicle. He also lost his license for 90 days."
I never been caught DUI. Is this normal punishment? Or did he get a slap on the wrist?
This is pretty typical from what I've seen, except for the jail part. But if that's because of the minor, then I think that's appropriate.

“Eschew Obfuscation”

Since: Dec 07

Honolulu, HI

#46 May 29, 2008
Samantha wrote:
I bet a lot of first timer offenders don't even spend an hour in jail. I think the 2 days will suffice for the DUI. For lying to all of us, to the police, for putting his kids in danger, and also putting the public in danger, come re-election time, this is when he will be punished. You can forgive, but you sometimes can't or shouldn't forget.
On the contrary I think they do since once they are arrested, where do you think they go to cool their heels and sober up?

Also, draw a distinction from the legal penalties and penalties of public opinion and on his career as an elected official...two different things.

Scottsdale, AZ

#48 May 30, 2008
- Laws grind the poor, and rich men rule the law.

Oliver Goldsmith

Honolulu, HI

#49 Jul 30, 2008
im surprise he didnt run for the city council or governor...

Honolulu, HI

#50 Jul 30, 2008
oops///mayor not governor...its the wee hours...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waipio Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Muslim World is Broken 5 hr L Morales 148
News Defendant in slaying will testify in plea deal (Jun '08) 10 hr Joe Balls 10
American_Infidel Blows George W. Bush _Every day 10 hr Joe Balls 13
Soon to be President Cruz calls out Obama 10 hr Joe Balls 24
Yuk yuk yuk yuk (Apr '15) 17 hr Hydro 25
Preacher Jim (Feb '11) 18 hr Pua druggie 433
Why are Hawaii people so stupid? (Jan '11) Thu SSK 784
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Waipio Mortgages