Menor gets 2 days in jail for drunk d...

Menor gets 2 days in jail for drunk driving

There are 28 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from May 23, 2008, titled Menor gets 2 days in jail for drunk driving. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

State Sen. Ron Menor will spend two days in jail this weekend after pleading no contest to a drunk driving charge this morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tama Samoa

Kihei, HI

#2 May 23, 2008
In his living room jail or jail as in halawa?

There is a lakers game tonight menor, wanna join me for a bottle of beer?

They should have taken away the keyes and licence for a year and let his son drive.
Stumbling Drunk

Hilo, HI

#3 May 23, 2008
Last call for alcohol!
Lesson 4 All

Honolulu, HI

#5 May 23, 2008
What I have seen of Ron Menor is that he is far better than the average guy- let alone politician.

Not trying to make an excuse, but nobody is perfect.

Maybe we should all learn that it just is not worth it to drink and drive.

Yet, somehow, we can cellphone and drive; ladies can even put makeup on while driving; guys can still admire the gals in skirts while driving.

And there is the current business of running, even speeding up, to make a red light at an intersection. Just hope that our guardian angels can handle it all...

“Life is Beautiful”

Since: Feb 08

Honolulu, Hawaii

#6 May 23, 2008
This must be a very difficult time for the Menor family. Thankfully no one was hurt and maybe this public event will deter others from driving after have a few.

Ron, do your time, go back to work and continue the good job you have started, in time this will pass.
Ron Menor

Honolulu, HI

#8 May 23, 2008
They caught me drinking but they have not caught me with my mistress yet.
Tama Samoa

Kihei, HI

#10 May 23, 2008
Two days is nothing compare to loosing a seat in election. This will be posted on his campaign this coming election.

Anyone ready to take his seat?
Reality Check

Honolulu, HI

#11 May 23, 2008
GOT CHABLIS?

“Life is Beautiful”

Since: Feb 08

Honolulu, Hawaii

#12 May 23, 2008
hardcore wrote:
<quoted text> Thankyou for your comment Mrs. Menor
I can promise you I am not Mrs. Menor, if I were he would have two black eyes for driving under the influence with my kids in the car.
Whistleblower

Honolulu, HI

#14 May 23, 2008
Mr. Menor as a common law abidding, tax paying citizen, I hope your reading these threads cause here's
a overwhelming proposal you may enter
into the legislature upon your release. SEGREGATE! SEGREGATE! SEGREGATE! Definition: To separate or
ISOLATE FROM OTHERS. You need to designate an isolated area in Hawaii
and committ all entertainment venues/establishments who sells alcohol/control substance within the
secured perimeters of this high-security islolated "Red Zone" area and all who enter or leave will be
thoroughly search for arms or any
kind of contraband. Who ever attempts
to leave with a level above required
level will be immediately confine within the premises until his/her levels recover to admissable performance. Apply/renewal of driver
license should list a question, "DO
you consume any type of alcohol beverage/control substance?" This will segregate the first time offenders. All alcohol distributors
under high-security will transport all products to this one isolated area any liquor beyond this boundary will suffer strict prosecution. And
first time offenders like Mr. Menor
will be inserted an Microchip to monitor 24/7 his actual whereabouts
under a GPS system. The animals and
automobiles have it and their not criminals! Parties whether private or
public will be conducted in this isolated area. Yes, no more having a
beer at home causing domestic violence/abuse, confrontation, dispute and etc. SEGREGATE AND ISOLATE! is the ABSOLUTE VISION
for resolution. Yes! The word "FREEDOM" is just a word, not
a REMEDY!

Since: May 08

Redondo Beach, CA

#16 May 23, 2008
"$800 and sentenced Menor to 2 days in the Oahu Community Correctional Center because he was driving drunk with a minor under the age of 15 in the vehicle. He also lost his license for 90 days."

I never been caught DUI. Is this normal punishment? Or did he get a slap on the wrist?
roadgod

Atlanta, GA

#17 May 23, 2008
Just 2 days ???!!!??!? He just might enjoy it.......
Samantha

Hilo, HI

#19 May 23, 2008
I bet a lot of first timer offenders don't even spend an hour in jail. I think the 2 days will suffice for the DUI. For lying to all of us, to the police, for putting his kids in danger, and also putting the public in danger, come re-election time, this is when he will be punished. You can forgive, but you sometimes can't or shouldn't forget.
CJS1

Hilo, HI

#20 May 23, 2008
Ron Menor, from what I have read about him, is a decent, hard working, honest man who made a terrible bad decision.

The punishment in this case is appropriate. Good job Judge To'oto'o. Who here has not made a really bad decision?

Let Menor take his punishment and let him move on. The shame he is suffering in more than enough for what he did.
Local Girl

Honolulu, HI

#24 May 23, 2008
CJS1 "The punishment in this case is appropriate. Good job Judge To'oto'o. Who here has not made a really bad decision?

Let Menor take his punishment and let him move on. The shame he is suffering in more than enough for what he did. "

DRUNK DRIVERS KILL!!!!
lolo popolo

Kahului, HI

#25 May 23, 2008
talk about hard luck ron..........neva catch shigetomi for your lawyer and wong for your judge!! you would be free to drink and drive this upcoming 3 day weekend
Mike

Honolulu, HI

#29 May 23, 2008
Samantha wrote:
I bet a lot of first timer offenders don't even spend an hour in jail. I think the 2 days will suffice for the DUI. For lying to all of us, to the police, for putting his kids in danger, and also putting the public in danger, come re-election time, this is when he will be punished. You can forgive, but you sometimes can't or shouldn't forget.
Who says crime doesn't pay.This clown is setting a good example.
NYHICA

Lakeside, CA

#32 May 23, 2008
Two days in jail and out in time for the holiday.

Perfect!!! Hope every minute feels like a month to you.

Come on Hawaii ... Wake up and smell the plumeria. Here's the perfect opportunity to make "an example". Shame on the Judge for letting the world know that substance abuse is a minor infraction in the 50th State!
Mufi

Honolulu, HI

#33 May 23, 2008
NYHICA wrote:
Two days in jail and out in time for the holiday.
Perfect!!! Hope every minute feels like a month to you.
Come on Hawaii ... Wake up and smell the plumeria. Here's the perfect opportunity to make "an example". Shame on the Judge for letting the world know that substance abuse is a minor infraction in the 50th State!
Only in Hawaii, lucky you live Hawaii. Our great judicial system and our FINE elected officials!
Gemini

Ewa Beach, HI

#34 May 23, 2008
Did he plead no contest because he is truly sorry for what he did, or sorry that he got caught?
MATTHEW

United States

#35 May 23, 2008
I can't believe that Ron Menor have not resign already. He could have killed someone. Just because you are a lawmaker, it doesn't excuse you from the law. he deserve this sentence. I lost my brother when a drunk driver hit him walking on the side of a street on broad daylight. He should have his license suspended for 1 year not 90 days. People want change in Hawaii, dont vote for him. All the good stuff he did as a lawmaker just went out the window. "WOW WHAT A LEADER"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waipio Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gangs in Hawaii (Oct '07) 4 hr snarky anarchy 826
Mr. President, Donald Trump (Aug '15) 7 hr District 1 2,743
Add A Word, Drop, Drop A Word (May '11) 12 hr Princess Hey 815
add a word/drop a word and 'stuff' (Nov '16) 12 hr Princess Hey 926
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 13 hr Princess Hey 4,712
Why do Filipinos consider themselves as Pacific... (Oct '08) 14 hr Budilana 2 560
Rich transforming HI? 14 hr Budilana 2 40

Waipio Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Waipio Mortgages