ATM team will probe cash-machine heists

ATM team will probe cash-machine heists

There are 13 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Apr 19, 2008, titled ATM team will probe cash-machine heists. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

Following a rash of thefts from bank automated teller machines, the Honolulu Police Department recently organized a task force to find the suspects and investigate additional ATM thefts.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

what

Honolulu, HI

#1 Apr 19, 2008
crazy, do they (HPD) have a graffiti task force? or a copper wire theft task force? or a drinking alcohol in public task force? or a prevent child abuse task force? If I was a cop I would not be sharing some of this information with the public, these criminals responsible should not be educated on who will be trying to catch them, but giving them a warning that they will be caught! Good Luck
makanani

Hilo, HI

#2 Apr 19, 2008
yep, that was a mistake on HPDs part. Might as well announce what drug houses they are targeting as well.
DforDUH

Honolulu, HI

#3 Apr 19, 2008
Uh,...File this one under D for DUH...Why would HPD release this type of information?..So the perps know they're coming?...so they can elevate to their A-Game?...C'mon guys, keep um guessing!
BrutalHonesty

Kula, HI

#4 Apr 19, 2008
You can look at it one of two ways. If HPD doesn't come out and say something, the public starts saying that they aren't doing anything. If they come out and say they are doing something, the public says they shouldn't be giving out that information. Do the job wrong and people complain. Do the job RIGHT, and people will STILL complain. I'm glad I'm a fisherman.....
Wonder why

Honolulu, HI

#5 Apr 19, 2008
Why is atm thefts such a high priority for HPD? CR officers in the different districts can handle it on their own.
Tmoney

Cinebar, WA

#6 Apr 19, 2008
If the Gov. would just supply all the ice heads with ice then there would be no robbery....Mufi should give up some of his stash that the cops confiscate and stop hoggin em all to himself he got the good stuff....
makanani

Hilo, HI

#7 Apr 19, 2008
Wonder why wrote:
Why is atm thefts such a high priority for HPD? CR officers in the different districts can handle it on their own.
yeah, it ranks right up there with copper theft, jaywalking, speeding, illegal camping, underage drinking...you get my drift. Everybody gotta complain out "petty" offenses, not knowing that all of them are crimes that HPD has to deal with no matter what. ATM theft is a priority right now because there has been a string of them. What do you mean "CR" officers? Community Resource? I don't understand. I believe that the Crime Reduction Units should be working the series.
jake

San Diego, CA

#8 Apr 20, 2008
These theives probably have inside knowlege of these machines......Either from job experience or from surfing the web....I sure wouldnt steal a machine that i had no idea on how to open!

Since: Feb 08

Honolulu, HI

#9 Apr 20, 2008
jake wrote:
These theives probably have inside knowlege of these machines......Either from job experience or from surfing the web....I sure wouldnt steal a machine that i had no idea on how to open!
I agree. If the internal cameras aren't catching them in the act, they must know something about how they're set up. They probably have inside knowledge on the security system too. Everything goes down for maintenance, for example, and if they know when to strike, the source could very well be from the inside. They could be the maintenance guys themselves!
halawa

Lihue, HI

#10 Apr 27, 2008
fyi...there are two suspects already in jail. you only know of ju young woo. the second suspect is in private custody the third has fleed to the mainland with the cash. why don't you investigate within and maybe then you would get some real answers to this case.
halawa

Lihue, HI

#11 Apr 27, 2008
one client is saying that he will be killed if he says who did it...cuz, get real cause he was involved!
WOO CLAN

San Diego, CA

#12 Aug 5, 2008
halawa wrote:
one client is saying that he will be killed if he says who did it...cuz, get real cause he was involved
Ay!! Thats right!! Who is this guy? He probably was involved!!! Ay, be a man braddah!!!
WOO CLAN

San Diego, CA

#13 Aug 5, 2008
Everytime I log on here, I'm always seeing Ju young Woo's name first!! I'm not in hawaii right now, but I try so hard to find out any information on the cases and what is happening now. Help me out. Thank you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waipio Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add A Word, Drop, Drop A Word (May '11) 4 min Princess Hey 936
add a word/drop a word and 'stuff' (Nov '16) 7 min Princess Hey 1,032
Jane Fonda, Looking great and strong at 80 11 min American_Infidel 13
News Expired safety sticker can be grounds for tow -... (Oct '09) 2 hr Joe Balls 42
Meme 3 hr District 1 2
Wut Da Fuh? (May '17) 15 hr Joe Balls 74
Preacher Jim (Feb '11) 20 hr Too Bad 634

Waipio Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Waipio Mortgages