Deputy sheriff arrested in child rape - Hawaii News

Deputy sheriffs arrested one of their own yesterday for allegedly raping a girl several times, starting when she was a first-grader in the early 1990s. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Predators

Honolulu, HI

#1 Jan 6, 2010
I googled the website that shows what sexual predators were within a mile radius of my home. I became alarmed at the amount of molesters out there. I don't think that there is a statue of limitation for this kind of crime and rightfully so. This crime is so disgusting and affects the victim throughout their lives. As in these cases of this Sherriff and that UH professor they come from all walks of life. Just because it was 20 years ago means nothing. If you are a child predator you better watch your back because they will come for you eventually. Nothing is worse than those cruel people who prey on the young and innocent.
BAD DOG

AOL

#2 Jan 6, 2010
Oh boy, hate to see him in the same cells of the hardened criminals. They are going to use him as their girlfriend.
kehau

Honolulu, HI

#3 Jan 6, 2010
Question is how did he get involved with her? When was he left alone with her and where were her parents.
Zero Tolerence

Kailua, HI

#4 Jan 6, 2010
Get online research your neighborhoods pass the word to your neighbors, point out these degenerates, let them know you know.
BeConcerned

Honolulu, HI

#5 Jan 6, 2010
Unfortunately in these cases, there IS a statute of limitations once someone has reaced the age of 18, they only have so many years to report. And many victims don't report or realize the wrong that has been done to them until much later at which point it is too late to prosecute. This recently happened with a private school teacher who abused his own family member... The kid was 8 when it started and it went on for years... then when the kid finally came to terms with it at age 28, he could no longer bring charges. The purp got off with less than a slap on the wrist (the school KNEW about this for years by the way... and had him in 'counseling' 3x's for the same thing due to various complaints from different children and parents and kept him on staff working with young kids!! After the last incident with the family member, they even swept it all under the rug and dissmised him from service, saving their own butt in the process) Now he is out there, with no restrictions on him working with kids... which he has tried to do on many occasions. It's not the ones who are caught that you need to worry about as much as those who don't get arrested... The profile for these guys is white male, with a family and at least 2 kids, educated (usually with a masters degree)... These are the people who work with our kids!!
Stumpy

Kaneohe, HI

#6 Jan 6, 2010
At least nowadays the victims can come forward without being blamed. One thing about those predator lists though, I think if you're a prominent enough person you can avoid being on the list, or at least prevent your picture being shown. Just like the criminal list here in Hawaii, many mugshots are conspicuously absent or just missing altogether.
Totally Disagree

Aiea, HI

#7 Jan 6, 2010
kehau wrote:
Question is how did he get involved with her? When was he left alone with her and where were her parents.
You know this guy? You seem to be trying to place the fault onto someone else.
Maybe the actual victim is a relative. Maybe someone in his family was baby sitting her. Who knows? Who cares, if guilty, lock him up. If not, sue for defamation.
How would you feel if we asked you, "Where were your parents when you first had sex with your boyfriend?" That implies your parents weren't doing their job. We don't know all the details in the child-rape case yet, but you sure know the answer to the question directed at you, right?
sonofhawaii

Kilauea, HI

#8 Jan 6, 2010
If he is guilty, his boto should be cut off.
Big John - Hawaii Kai

Kailua Kona, HI

#9 Jan 6, 2010
Okay, let's see what's going to happen in this case. He'll swear that she tempted him and he caved. Our inept prosecutors will plea deal this down to a petty crime. Out judicial system will give him a small fine, sentence him to 1 year, which he will probably be released for time spent, and 500 hours community service at a day care center. Isn't our judicial system awesome?
Serving in Afghanistan

Columbus, OH

#10 Jan 6, 2010
It is a sad day for all when a trusted professional department is tarnished...rather soiled... by the actions of a monster. His actions do not represent the nearly 325+ members of our organization who pin on the badge and risk our lives daily to support/defend the public at our airport, the courthouses, Washington Place, State Capitol etc... My personal apology to this individual, their ohana and for letting our public down. We arrested him and we do police our own.
another fine officer

Honolulu, HI

#11 Jan 6, 2010
After all this, it's a wonder that anyone would give lawmen any respect. "To protect and serve" has become "To infect and perve".
MGarcia

Waipahu, HI

#12 Jan 6, 2010
Nineteen years of molestation and not detected once by the girls' parents and so forth?..and what exactly is the relation between this scum and the girl?; not stated at all whether neighbor, relative, friend, etc (common SB, forgetting the five W's?)..I hope they throw the book at him (please Hawaiian judge) and then some, though it won't matter. One crime hardened lifer in any correctonal facility will not tolerate is child molestation, and being in law enforcement will be an added incentive..he won't last.
alice

Hanalei, HI

#13 Jan 6, 2010
another fine officer wrote:
After all this, it's a wonder that anyone would give lawmen any respect. "To protect and serve" has become "To infect and perve".
yikes!
Totally Disagree

Aiea, HI

#14 Jan 6, 2010
another fine officer wrote:
After all this, it's a wonder that anyone would give lawmen any respect. "To protect and serve" has become "To infect and perve".
Do they really let you use a computer in OCCC? Your comment seems rather personal. Maybe you have experience in the justice system?
But, I mean that in a nice way.
Kimu

Kaneohe, HI

#15 Jan 6, 2010
I'm sorry but I do NOT believe her. And even if true one should not be able to come back 20 years later and accuse someone without proof.
lee smith

Waipahu, HI

#16 Jan 6, 2010
If this guy is guilty, they should put him in jail and throw the key away.

“Ultimate Kimchi Assassin!”

Since: Jun 08

Seoul

#17 Jan 6, 2010
It will be a tough case as, after all these years, the physical evidence is likely to be gone. So it will be a case of her word against his.
maile

Honolulu, HI

#18 Jan 6, 2010
Kimu wrote:
I'm sorry but I do NOT believe her. And even if true one should not be able to come back 20 years later and accuse someone without proof.
Apparently there's enough evidence to arrest this guy. I'm sure she wouldn't fabricate a story unless it REALLY happened; even if it was 10 , 20 years ago.
I hope that JUSTICE is served in this case and the judge doesn't back down just because the guy was a sheriff!
Stumpy

Kaneohe, HI

#19 Jan 6, 2010
Kimu wrote:
I'm sorry but I do NOT believe her. And even if true one should not be able to come back 20 years later and accuse someone without proof.
Polygraph will quickly tell, even though not admissible in court. Test the girl and the man and at least they'll know who the liar is.
Lway

Columbia, MO

#20 Jan 6, 2010
BeConcerned wrote:
Unfortunately in these cases, there IS a statute of limitations once someone has reaced the age of 18, they only have so many years to report. And many victims don't report or realize the wrong that has been done to them until much later at which point it is too late to prosecute. This recently happened with a private school teacher who abused his own family member... The kid was 8 when it started and it went on for years... then when the kid finally came to terms with it at age 28, he could no longer bring charges. The purp got off with less than a slap on the wrist (the school KNEW about this for years by the way... and had him in 'counseling' 3x's for the same thing due to various complaints from different children and parents and kept him on staff working with young kids!! After the last incident with the family member, they even swept it all under the rug and dissmised him from service, saving their own butt in the process) Now he is out there, with no restrictions on him working with kids... which he has tried to do on many occasions. It's not the ones who are caught that you need to worry about as much as those who don't get arrested... The profile for these guys is white male, with a family and at least 2 kids, educated (usually with a masters degree)... These are the people who work with our kids!!
YO! Want to give everyone a heads up on who this perp is? And WHERE HE IS?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waipio Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
If you Like Haiku Stairs, Speak Up 25 min JRB 23
West Oahu Catholic church buys 11 acres to buil... 5 hr Joe Balls 3
is there lots of pain meds there 6 hr oahu 1
I hate Maui 7 hr Jack 41
Custodian denies sex assault on schoolboy, atto... Sep '14 District 1 2
VIDEO: Honolulu Police searching for suspects i... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Francine 8
Costco will begin accepting food stamps - Hawai... (Oct '09) Dec '13 Steal from hungry... 556

Flash Flood Watch for Honolulu County was issued at October 19 at 3:29PM HST

Waipio Dating
Find my Match

Waipio Jobs

Waipio People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Waipio News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Waipio

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]