Remains of 466 moved out from high-ri...

Remains of 466 moved out from high-rise site - Hawaii Editorials

There are 19 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Oct 25, 2009, titled Remains of 466 moved out from high-rise site - Hawaii Editorials. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

"Back in the Day," appearing every Sunday, takes a look at articles that ran on this date in history in the Honolulu Star-Bulletin, Hawaii's oldest continuously published daily newspaper.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

wacos101

Honolulu, HI

#1 Oct 25, 2009
And, according to legend, the condominium building has been cursed ever since.
Zoe

Wahiawa, HI

#2 Oct 25, 2009
Ugh.
mush

Honolulu, HI

#3 Oct 25, 2009
What are the current landmarks surrounding the property?
alice

United States

#4 Oct 25, 2009
scary

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
aaliyah

San Diego, CA

#5 Oct 25, 2009
alice wrote:
scary
Why? They're dead, it's the living that you need to be scared of.
alice

United States

#6 Oct 25, 2009
I do fear the living here...yikes.
Zombie

Mililani, HI

#7 Oct 25, 2009
Living? Bwa-ha-ha.
G-Shumway

Honolulu, HI

#8 Oct 25, 2009
Current condo is the Contessa. Vaguely remember hearing weird stories about the building. I didn't know that the land had "former" tenants. I guess I'm crossing that building off my condo shopping list. Wait, aren't most of Honolulu condos built over cemeteries?
rail way

Honolulu, HI

#9 Oct 25, 2009
G-Shumway wrote:
Current condo is the Contessa. Vaguely remember hearing weird stories about the building. I didn't know that the land had "former" tenants. I guess I'm crossing that building off my condo shopping list. Wait, aren't most of Honolulu condos built over cemeteries?
Contessa is the most haunted with actual physical hauntings, the ghost tours go by there and point out the hawaiian cemetary that the condo was built over. The stories there are no joke, lots of suicides in that building.
xxxx

Honolulu, HI

#10 Oct 26, 2009
From the introduction to the story...
"The items appear verbatim, so don't blame us today for yesteryear's bad grammar".
Talk about a lack of class for those who came before.
So much for institutional pride.
If I recall correctly, those old fogeys had a larger readership than you do today.
And don't worry, we won't blame you for yesteryear's bad grammar.
But we will blame you for today's lack of reporting and poorly written, non researched "stories" that today's SB calls "journalism".
alice

United States

#11 Oct 26, 2009
rail way wrote:
<quoted text>
Contessa is the most haunted with actual physical hauntings, the ghost tours go by there and point out the hawaiian cemetary that the condo was built over. The stories there are no joke, lots of suicides in that building.
scary..and there is active prostitution there I hear
wicked

Mililani, HI

#12 Oct 26, 2009
the ghosts are see thru and so are the prostitutes clothes...

the ghosts are scary and so are the prostitutes...

the ghosts come out at night and so do the prostitutes...

the ghosts and prostitutes are teaming up...
alice

United States

#13 Oct 26, 2009
yikes....guys better watch out.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Spookie stuff

Honolulu, HI

#14 Oct 27, 2009
alice wrote:
<quoted text>scary..and there is active prostitution there I hear
Alice how do you know where all the prositution areas are? Sounds kinda fishy that you know this stuff. Th Contessa is across from the Humane Society. I have heard of old ladies standing at the bustop at night, and when the bus driver pulls up and opens the door the old lady is not there. HHmmm I wonder if that old lady does that to guys trying to pick her up?
Strange nooky

Honolulu, HI

#15 Oct 29, 2009
wicked wrote:
the ghosts are see thru and so are the prostitutes clothes...
the ghosts are scary and so are the prostitutes...
the ghosts come out at night and so do the prostitutes...
the ghosts and prostitutes are teaming up...
Glad you gaved me a heads up on this prostitute/ghost merger. It seems we are seeing many combinig resources during this current recession. The thought of porking a ghost/hooker will probably bring some wierdos into that neighborhood. I wonder how much they charge? With Halloween on saturday that area is going to be backed up with strange dudes looking for 1 date. Eoweeeee
Unit Owner

Kahului, HI

#16 Nov 23, 2011
There are no ghosts or prostitutes in this building as far as I know and I've been living there for over 7 years. However, the Resident Manager (Chuck R. Pelch) is the rudest and arrogant person to step into the Resident Manager's office.
ContessaRes

Honolulu, HI

#17 Nov 2, 2015
Unit Owner wrote:
There are no ghosts or prostitutes in this building as far as I know and I've been living there for over 7 years. However, the Resident Manager (Chuck R. Pelch) is the rudest and arrogant person to step into the Resident Manager's office.
I've lived here for 40 years, never saw a ghost, don't know if I saw a prostitute, and have always been treated courteously and knowledgeably by Chuck Pelch.
Joey

Honolulu, HI

#18 May 28, 2016
aaliyah wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? They're dead, it's the living that you need to be scared of.
Yeah the dead can't kill ya! They can only make you crazy.
Joe Balls

Waianae, HI

#19 May 29, 2016
Joey wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah the dead can't kill ya! They can only make you crazy.
No shit Sherlock. i'm a crazy dangerous food stamp thief.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waipio Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hawaii committee calls for Obama statue in his ... 56 min Government FAILS 96
Trump 2020! 1 hr American_Infidel 4
add a word/drop a word and 'stuff' (Nov '16) 1 hr District 1 1,207
Add A Word, Drop, Drop A Word (May '11) 1 hr District 1 1,147
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 1 hr District 1 4,913
Take a knee and YOURE FIRED! (Sep '17) 1 hr District Juan Joe... 227
Preacher Jim (Feb '11) 2 hr Joey DeDominicis 670

Waipio Jobs

Personal Finance

Waipio Mortgages