Costco Kapolei opens its doors - Busi...

Costco Kapolei opens its doors - Business News

There are 8 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Feb 28, 2009, titled Costco Kapolei opens its doors - Business News. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

A flood of customers poured into the brand-new Costco Kapolei warehouse when its doors opened yesterday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

iwilei

Lahaina, HI

#1 Feb 28, 2009
Maybe it will be easier to get into Costco Iwilei now.
SURFER DUDE HONOLULU

Honolulu, HI

#2 Feb 28, 2009
This is front page news? Another slow news day. At least nobody was trampled to death when the doors opened.
alice

Honolulu, HI

#3 Feb 28, 2009
Costco is a decent company..they treat their employees right.
Johnathan Ing

San Diego, CA

#4 Feb 28, 2009
Mmmm ... what's there to see at Costco. If you've seen one, you've pretty much seen all, right?
It's this Hawaiian (as in people who live in Hawaii) mentality that if there's something new, we got to go see. That's what happened when Whole Foods opened, Nordstrom, The Counter, etc. too.
Don't we have better things to do, like WORK?!
Johnathan Ing

San Diego, CA

#5 Feb 28, 2009
P.S. I love Costco. I think it's great, but come on guys, lining up just to be the first people inside? We really need to get a life!
oopsalice

San Diego, CA

#6 Feb 28, 2009
Johnathan Ing wrote:
Mmmm ... what's there to see at Costco. If you've seen one, you've pretty much seen all, right?
It's this Hawaiian (as in people who live in Hawaii) mentality that if there's something new, we got to go see. That's what happened when Whole Foods opened, Nordstrom, The Counter, etc. too.
Don't we have better things to do, like WORK?!
Pretty sure alot of people would like to be doing that, if there were jobs available. Unemployment pretty high right now.
Johnathan Ing

San Diego, CA

#7 Mar 1, 2009
oopsalice wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty sure alot of people would like to be doing that, if there were jobs available. Unemployment pretty high right now.
There are still jobs out there, just depends on how "picky" people are.
BTW, if they don't have jobs, how they go shopping?
Don't mean no disrespect, but there's more productive activities than standing in line to hit the latest and shiniest thing in town, you know ....
oopsalice

San Diego, CA

#8 Mar 1, 2009
Mr. Ing...I stand corrected...Thank you...and I agree...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waipio Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hawaii Sucks (Sep '07) 9 min District 1 1,309
The mostly Kailua-Kona district 1 now admits to... (Sep '15) 16 min District 1 31
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 2 hr District 1 4,907
Mr. President, Donald Trump (Aug '15) 2 hr Harry 3,566
MORE Violence Under TRUMP Regime 3 hr Leeward Outlier 30
Savio Homes Plz read the leeward lolo and Guru ... (Jan '15) 4 hr Harry 101
add a word/drop a word and 'stuff' (Nov '16) 6 hr Joe Balls 1,201

Waipio Jobs

Personal Finance

Waipio Mortgages