Drivers urged to be safe

Drivers urged to be safe

There are 20 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from May 23, 2008, titled Drivers urged to be safe. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

DENNIS ODA / [email protected] Gwen Vierra and Robert Prasser talked yesterday at Michael Nakamura Park in Mililani about losing their loved ones in driving accidents.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

Pedestrian

Kailua, HI

#1 May 23, 2008
Step one: Keep Jon Karamatsu off the street.
none

Hilo, HI

#2 May 23, 2008
i think we should urge pedestrians to be safe too
Inevitable

San Diego, CA

#3 May 23, 2008
We shall see accidents and possibly deaths. There will be families out there that will let the BOOZE flow and let their friends and family drive home. Its only a matter of time when the next accident will happen. When it does THEY HAVE NO ONE OTHER THAN THEMSELVES TO BLAME.........JUST HOPE THEY KILL THEMSELVES AND NOT AN INNOCENT BYSTANDER!
Janet

Honolulu, HI

#4 May 23, 2008
Hey Bob!!........What did you bring for lunch?........I got some extra fried chicken in the refrigerator, if you want some. Just help yourself.

What time is everyone going to meet at the movies tonight? Let me know. I'll be there around 7:30.
Bob

Honolulu, HI

#5 May 23, 2008
I brought some onion dip and crackers that you always like. I made the onion dip last night. It's good. Please pass it around. I'm in traffic now, but will be in the office in about 15 minutes.

I'll bring the onion dip by your desk.

I will also be at the movies at 7:30....see you there!!!
PrizesNotGiven

San Diego, CA

#6 May 23, 2008
This is one case where no statistic news may be good news. Keep the gene pool intact. Very often two wrongs are called just accidents. Fataly right is so sad.
Thank you

San Diego, CA

#7 May 23, 2008
Thank you mom and dad for my car that I suped up to go fast! Thanks for my LOUD exhaust system and NOS that i put in my car. Thank you so much!
John

San Diego, CA

#8 May 23, 2008
Janet wrote:
Hey Bob!!........What did you bring for lunch?........I got some extra fried chicken in the refrigerator, if you want some. Just help yourself.
What time is everyone going to meet at the movies tonight? Let me know. I'll be there around 7:30.
I like chicken! Muah
Chico

Lihue, HI

#9 May 23, 2008
Hey Bob and Janet,

I'm bringing the water, see you guys there.
Janet

Honolulu, HI

#10 May 23, 2008
John wrote:
<quoted text>
I like chicken! Muah
Good suggestion, John..........Bob-----I'll also bring Spam Chicken Alamode from 7-11.
Boisse

Honolulu, HI

#11 May 23, 2008
I will triple the number of officers along the H-1 & H-2 freeways, 24/7..
We will also train our recruits(50) along Farrington Hwy, Kahe power plant and another @ Maile point.
We expect to catch hundreds of speeders, drunk drivers and those ice heads.
Drive safe but if you cannot, we will catch you.
gryde

Honolulu, HI

#12 May 23, 2008
Yes everyone drive safe unlike that damn senator who didn't. Then he lied, his b.s. story about his contact. Then he went to court and only has 2 DAYS!
DRINKER

San Diego, CA

#13 May 23, 2008
gryde wrote:
Yes everyone drive safe unlike that damn senator who didn't. Then he lied, his b.s. story about his contact. Then he went to court and only has 2 DAYS!
YEAH HE BLEW ALMOST 2 TIMES THe legal limit and he claims he had ONE or TWO "small" glasses of wine....He was so drunk he dont know how many he had....but he did mention that they were SMALL glasses! ONE OR TWO MEANS SIX.........LMAO
Speeder

San Diego, CA

#14 Apr 5, 2009
FAST AND THE FURIOUS BABY..........CHEEE WHOOO
Big Hank

Wailuku, HI

#15 Apr 5, 2009
Speeder wrote:
FAST AND THE FURIOUS BABY..........CHEEE WHOOO
Yeah lets go race on the streets and kill ourselves or others.
Grand Wizard

Honolulu, HI

#16 Apr 5, 2009
If more people would just drink and walk around the neighborhoods, instead of driving, we might be safer. At least getting drunk and burning cross shaped objects in peoples' lawns while wearing bathrobes w/ hoods doesn't hurt nobody.
Friends and Family

San Diego, CA

#17 Apr 19, 2009
Some friends and families continue to let their "LOVED" ones drive drunk so that they can kill themselves or others.

WONDERFUL!
Harm Ha

AOL

#18 Apr 19, 2009
We need higher speeding fines and jail time for repeat speeding offenders and drunks on the roads of Oahu. The judicial system is very weak in the islands. Our laws need to be strengthen!!!!!!!!
Staci

San Diego, CA

#19 Apr 19, 2009
They just need to have minimum sentences none of that up to junk!

If you drink and are drunk you go to jail for 30 days. PERIOD!

No if this is your first offense!
YOU make the decision! You risk my life! YOU GO TO JAIL!

Why should i give you THREE CHANCES TO KILL ME!
Shane Kumura

Waipahu, HI

#20 Mar 16, 2010
It hurts me so bad to realize that All my friends from Waialua is GONE...drunkedness, stupidity, and craziness is how we once was....but I woke up and realized that my wife and daughter needs me more than anything in this world and I love them and I wouldn't want to lose such a gift...But I also loved my friends and wished that they were much smarter,but life is life and we are only guaranteed 2 things, that is DEATH & PAYING TAXES...I send my aloha to all my friends ohana in the Waialua area...I will keep all you guys in my prayers....-Shane Kumura

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waipahu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 2 hr Princess Hey 3,320
Would you like to be a moderator on your own fo... 4 hr District 1 82
The Muslim World is Broken (Sep '15) 11 hr District 1 789
Bwa ha ha ha 11 hr District 1 8
Register On Topix OR You Will Go Batty Screamin... (Sep '15) 11 hr District 1 74
CCW Saves Lives, Again 18 hr District 1 5
Outing the Main Troll on the Honolulu Topix Forum 22 hr District 1 Nievity 33

Waipahu Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Waipahu Mortgages