State morally obligated to help Micronesians - Hawaii Editorials

When Gov. Linda Lingle proposed a new health care program for Micronesians as a cost-cutting measure, migrants from the Compact nations saw the action as a death sentence. Full Story
jay

Valencia, CA

#120 Aug 31, 2011
I reside in southern California and i'm just now reading all these. Yes, I am from the Island of Yap, FSM.. I do not agree with micronesians coming to hawaii and live on welfare because i for one cant even stand lazy people.. i wake up in the morning and break my back to feed, clothe and shelter myself. One thing that i am baffled about and lot of people here dont realize is that FSM citizens are under a pact with the US after WWII.. and the pact were renewed a couple of years back to my understanding. It enables FSM citizens to come to the US and work but cant vote. Also a lot of our citizens are in the US Armed forces and our citizens have shed blood for this country too.. I myself did 3 tours and am out. So when i hear that the citizens of the US are considering my fellow citizens or made it seemed that we are here illegally? it bothers me.. what people do not realize is, you are not looking at the big picture.. Asians have the highest illegal migration to the US mainland and we all know that hawaii is full of them. Now who pays the taxes? But i agree with some of the people that point out some of the things that micronesians do and put a bad image on all of us. It does really sucks because there are different island groups in micronesia but we are all characterized as one. I feel your pain because i am a dual citizen meaning i am a US citizen too, i applied when i was in the service and it pains me now that i have illegals at my work that get paid more than me because they can speak spanish and i cant. See we micronesian do pay taxes.. well some of us.. some are just feeloaders but the majority of us do... i think the country should fight illegals first before attacking the legal ones.. but thats just me.. i just hope nobody steps in my face and insult me because im micronesian... i've done everything right and im legal and i at one point gave my life for this country! what have you done rather than sit on your behind and complain! thank you for reading this
pollz

Germany

#121 Mar 17, 2012
willie wrote:
Get the FEdS to pay for the care of ANYONE alive during the tests not anyone of micronesian decent. How many generations get a free ride anyway?
Willie, you live in MI, I am sure if 50 plus tests were done in Grand Rapids, you and your generation will still gripe the feds why you have siblings with problems only found in places like Nakasaki, Hiroshima today...those were only two bombs..and weaker than the improvised 50 plus...eco system is also affected. I am sure you can google the downgraded published effects that the feds allow to go public..
Stumpy

Honolulu, HI

#122 Mar 17, 2012
Jay, Good for you. A lot of the "critics" in Hawaii are just generational welfare freeloaders themselves and don't want anyone else sharing "their" pie.
pollz

Germany

#123 Mar 17, 2012
Joe Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>My bad and I'm sorry, when I replied, not all of your quote came out for some reason on my post! If the micros got all that funding, they SHOULD be able to pay for their own care as you were questioning. By what for when they can get it free from us hardworking folk.
Joe, the taxpayer...I am a Micronesian also..this year I paid over $12,000 in Federal taxes supporting the very freedom you are enjoying...before that, I put in 23 years of service along with 3,000 other Micronesians supporting both OIF and OEF...per capita among the coalition of the willing, we have the most soldiers in these efforts...when we go home, the freaking benefits you and your americans enjoy from DOD and VA does not accompany us...your twisted laws made sure of that!
pollz

Germany

#124 Mar 17, 2012
HJohnson wrote:
<quoted text>
My father was a Naval officer/scientist on board a naval ship that went into the waters where the last hydrogen bomb was dropped near Enewetak. The plane that dropped the bomb mised the target completely. Never-the-less, they still collected samples for testing and my father went into the water and breathed the air. He has suffered no ill effects from the experience and stopped allowing the military to do periodic tests on him many years ago. I and all of my siblings were born afterwards. None of us have any birth defects or illnesses nor do our children. I don't doubt that toxic materials cause serious health complications, but I don't think that all of the Micronesians' health problems are a result of hydrogen bomb testing.
Did your father go in the water naked and did he breathe the air without a mask?...because I served in the army for 23 years, now a civilian in Afghanistan...the government provided gadgets like MOPP suits, protective masks and other breating aparatus for soldiers to recon contaminated sites, unless your father volunteered to be a guinea pig for good ol'e Glory! Get your story straight before you open your trap!
pollz

Germany

#125 Mar 17, 2012
frusttrated wrote:
This is a ridiculous ploy to try to get us to sympathize with the Micronesians who are a drain to our economy. How long should we "US citizens and residents of Hawaii" suffer a mistake that was made by our military and their leaders? How long are they going to continue to play this sympathy card while taking our state money and reproducing exponentially with their hands out waiting for food stamps and free housing and now medical services that they feel they are "entitled" to. Last I checked, these people can get jobs without even needing green cards or work visas. And yet I don't see them working. Work and get healthcare benefits like the rest of us who put into the system.
Frustrated, I feel your pain, but first, lets dissect the dissent..hope you are referring to just those reaping welfare, foodstamps and healthcare, both American cits and Micronesians alike and not singling out one group(Micronesians)..I am a Micronesian, spent 23 years in US Army, four deployments where I see my fellow Micronesians in an array of instances from spilling blood and guts guarding ammo, to heroic saving his team from insurgencies by single handedly killing them during an ambush...This year alone, I surrendered to the Federal Government, over $12,000 in taxes...yes thousand..I don't know what have you done for your country and am not going to ask...during WWII, my grandmother lost her ability to walk normally from a US Bomb dropped on her island, ironic so far, she and her community was living peaceful lives to have conflicts between foreigners dogging it out in my backyard! Our destiny was shaped by your meddling in our neck of the woods...we were well fed, clothed and we have all the neccessities...now, we have a ranch in our backyard to combat ballistic missile aimed at US shores...would it be fair for your government to uproot your missiles from our peaceful islands and plant it somewhere on the coast of Santa Monica or San Diego to defend your shores and worry about fallouts?...No, because we(americans) are bullies?...there is a similar feeling of living on a reservation we have...we do have a country, yet because of the chum change that your government give in the form of assistance comes with what you can and cannot do..restricting us to set up alliance and cooperation with the Asian Giant, China...
pollz

Germany

#126 Mar 17, 2012
Harmony wrote:
Why can't we just send all the Micronesians back?-- Is probably what you're thinking. Well, how about this? The U.S. conducted nuclear testing in the waters which made many of the islands uninhabitable. Coconut trees dead, fish dead, water polluted, people deformed, cultures lost, families forced to leave their homes. You tell me.. what's fair?
Are there any rejected Americans living in the once testing grounds in the deserts of Utah or wherever?...Go live there, send all your homeless there, establish housing there...heck, send all the ones with negative concerns about this administrations distribution of welfare there and give them welfare...No?...cause you, yourselves can't even take that risk live on chance...talk is easy punching keyboard keys!
Dwain Sawh

Brooklyn, NY

#127 May 16, 2012
We destroyed their home land so we should help them. Welcome to Hawaii my micronesian brothers.

http://www.OahuBulletin.Com
stupid people suck

United States

#128 May 16, 2012
All you have to do is hide the knives when they start drinking
Michael Thomas

Waianae, HI

#129 May 25, 2012
C'mon..... Us Native Hawaiians definitely should not pay for the Federal governments mistakes..... Many Native Hawaiians are fighting for sovereignty..... We Native Hawaiians are still waiting for retribution for the wrongs done to us.... Many Micronesian seem ignorant, lazy and uneducated in every aspect known.... These Micronesian just believe that they can come to Hawaii the Native Hawaiian peoples land and roam about as they please..... Many times they're violent and many locals and Hawaiians train martial arts for defense..... I think they should all be deported because the US mainland has Native Americans who would have to deal with their BS if they went somewhere in the mainland US......
Taxpayer

Honolulu, HI

#131 Jan 18, 2013
Anyone who has studied Samoan, Hawaiian, and Micronesian history knows that many of the health issues faced by Pacific races are a result of breeding. The royals routinely practiced incest spanning generations. In addition any culture that views obesity as a status symbol is also jeopardizing future generations. While radiation poisoning may play a small role, there are several other contributing factors at work. I as a tax payer should not be expected to shoulder the cost of cultural influences. Considering these factors, Micronesian's should pay extra taxes to cover the burden they place on the health care system. These arguments do not even begin to address the topic of education and the impact they are having on public schools.
too much

Honolulu, HI

#132 Jan 28, 2013
They should send the Micros to other states ... Hawaii has enough of them
too much

Honolulu, HI

#133 Jan 28, 2013
Agree totally !!
Michael Thomas wrote:
C'mon..... Us Native Hawaiians definitely should not pay for the Federal governments mistakes..... Many Native Hawaiians are fighting for sovereignty..... We Native Hawaiians are still waiting for retribution for the wrongs done to us.... Many Micronesian seem ignorant, lazy and uneducated in every aspect known.... These Micronesian just believe that they can come to Hawaii the Native Hawaiian peoples land and roam about as they please..... Many times they're violent and many locals and Hawaiians train martial arts for defense..... I think they should all be deported because the US mainland has Native Americans who would have to deal with their BS if they went somewhere in the mainland US......
Immigrant

Modesto, CA

#134 Feb 3, 2013
How ignorant can you all be?! Disgusting!!

Since: Feb 13

Mililani, HI

#135 Feb 19, 2013
Here's are the facts America conducted Nuclear testing in Micronesia.And now people of Micronesia are sick cause of the nuclear fallout.Micronesia was deliberately bombed.You guys make it sound like we want to be here in Hawaii,Want to live of the taxes,but guess what our islands,our ocean,our way of living were changed when those 30 some nuclear weapons exploded.Unless Hawaii is a kingdom again we will be happy to get off this stinking cause honestly Hawaii is full of brown KKK's .but guess what we aint goin no where.
Jack

Phoenix, AZ

#136 Mar 23, 2013
Devil-Dog wrote:
Here's are the facts America conducted Nuclear testing in Micronesia.And now people of Micronesia are sick cause of the nuclear fallout.Micronesia was deliberately bombed.You guys make it sound like we want to be here in Hawaii,Want to live of the taxes,but guess what our islands,our ocean,our way of living were changed when those 30 some nuclear weapons exploded.Unless Hawaii is a kingdom again we will be happy to get off this stinking cause honestly Hawaii is full of brown KKK's .but guess what we aint goin no where.
Here's the facts......you love to bend over and get drilled in the poop shooter ya fruitcake......lmfao
Agnes Kamaka

Honolulu, HI

#138 Mar 24, 2013
Jack wrote:
<quoted text>Here's the facts......you love to bend over and get drilled in the poop shooter ya fruitcake......lmfao
Why does everyone of your comments contain shoving various objects up yours or someone else's butt? You have done this on all threads in the Honolulu forum. Whats wrong with you besides the obvious that your a sick kid using his parents PC. You make no sense and quite frankly a moron and act like a pervert with so many butt shoving posts. Are you a male kid with a sexual identification problem?
George

Toronto, Canada

#139 Mar 26, 2013
Guess who

Honolulu, HI

#140 Mar 26, 2013
Agnes Kamaka wrote:
<quoted text>Why does everyone of your comments contain shoving various objects up yours or someone else's butt? You have done this on all threads in the Honolulu forum. Whats wrong with you besides the obvious that your a sick kid using his parents PC. You make no sense and quite frankly a moron and act like a pervert with so many butt shoving posts. Are you a male kid with a sexual identification problem?
Mahalo auntie you have summed it up correctly. Many suspect he is JBall's relative that he has solicited to help him degrade/disrespect us. This proves what kind of lowlife he is and needs to be banished from our aina. AUWE... We suffered many atrocious acts committed against us in the past. There is no need to have that happen daily on this forum by these pilau mout okole brain foreignors. Imua
Jack

Phoenix, AZ

#141 Mar 27, 2013
Agnes Kamaka wrote:
<quoted text>Why does everyone of your comments contain shoving various objects up yours or someone else's butt? You have done this on all threads in the Honolulu forum. Whats wrong with you besides the obvious that your a sick kid using his parents PC. You make no sense and quite frankly a moron and act like a pervert with so many butt shoving posts. Are you a male kid with a sexual identification problem?
Problem is moron I think you want something shoved up your azz.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waipahu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hawaii economist says Honolulu rail agency 'shu... 1 hr Slewer 2
Micronesian in Hawaii (Aug '11) 2 hr Incognito 543
Garden Gnomes kidnapped by Austrian Conservatives 8 hr CC FTC 7
Preacher Jim (Feb '11) 8 hr Jivaro 342
Is sovereignty a right? 18 hr Joe Balls 6
superferry rising like a phoenix 18 hr Joe Balls 42
Shooting stays with officer for 20 years [The H... Sep 13 akamai 9
•••
•••
•••