Isle housing bottom seen - Business

Isle housing bottom seen - Business

There are 62106 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Apr 3, 2009, titled Isle housing bottom seen - Business. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

The worst could be over for Oahu's slumping housing market even though slower conditions are expected to persist until there is better economic news in the state.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

leeward lolo

Kahuku, HI

#54985 Mar 7, 2013
Joe Balls wrote:
<quoted text> Why have them in your "Native Fruit Garden" if they are not Native? People her think Palms are native to Hawaii, but they aren't. LOL, Vietnam War movies always have lots of palms in them too, but there isn't a Palm tree in the entire country.
I cannot get any fruit to go at this place, too close to ocean but my loulus are happy there. Some are big but a few others never got big but are alive.

At another place an avocado tree I liked a lot fell and by the time I got there tenants had cut it all but the stump. Decided to give the stump some time and it started growing new branches. So may have fruit in another ten years. lol
leeward lolo

Kahuku, HI

#54986 Mar 7, 2013
jb, need carpet? i have enough to cover 50 acres. ha ha Lovely tenants moved out and left it. let me know.

Joe Balls

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#54987 Mar 8, 2013
leeward lolo wrote:
jb, need carpet? i have enough to cover 50 acres. ha ha Lovely tenants moved out and left it. let me know.
How much do you really have? Actually, I wouldn't mind taking it but I have no room for more projects at the moment so I can't bring anything else in. Thanks for the offer though. I'm pouring a slab, so have all my junk from one half of the place piled up onto the other half. We're only at the grading phase and I'm a one-man operation as much as I can be. That's one reason I reach kids to run my tractor, they are at least willing to work and I can stay on the ground and direct them. Fun for them and easier on me. Can't you make use of the carpet? I usually cut old carpet into strips and squares, and use it for weed barrier. It lasts for years, and than you can then throw it away a little at a time. I usually can find a use for things that people throw away. LOL, or you can do like the locals do and dump it along Paakea Rd, along with the furniture, mattresses,TV sets, and dead animals in trash bags. Too lazy to drive the extra mile to a legal dump site. Set in on fire before you leave too, that's what they do. LOL, "Malama the Aina" my ass.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#54988 Mar 8, 2013
Guru wrote:
obama planning another vacation next week...
"REPORT: Obama's vineyard vacation plans underway...:
One vacation by obama would PAY for over 50 weeks of visits to the White House by the People, who, by the way, own the White House. obama is a tenant. WE the people own it. It is our White House, not his.
....Obama/Biden 2016..........
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#54989 Mar 8, 2013
lol...I've read it all now meezer. hahahah!
leeward lolo

Kahuku, HI

#54990 Mar 8, 2013
Joe Balls wrote:
<quoted text> How much do you really have? Actually, I wouldn't mind taking it but I have no room for more projects at the moment so I can't bring anything else in. Thanks for the offer though. I'm pouring a slab, so have all my junk from one half of the place piled up onto the other half. We're only at the grading phase and I'm a one-man operation as much as I can be. That's one reason I reach kids to run my tractor, they are at least willing to work and I can stay on the ground and direct them. Fun for them and easier on me. Can't you make use of the carpet? I usually cut old carpet into strips and squares, and use it for weed barrier. It lasts for years, and than you can then throw it away a little at a time. I usually can find a use for things that people throw away. LOL, or you can do like the locals do and dump it along Paakea Rd, along with the furniture, mattresses,TV sets, and dead animals in trash bags. Too lazy to drive the extra mile to a legal dump site. Set in on fire before you leave too, that's what they do. LOL, "Malama the Aina" my ass.
I let tenants use some vacant land for a funeral, hence the carpet which was divided among three of my rentals and eventually is at my recently vacated place. It is in a decent size back yard and at least 3 layers thick.
Places are all being rebuilt so if bulk can take it will have it drug out front.
First house rented for a third more. lol

Joe Balls

Location hidden

#54991 Mar 8, 2013
leeward lolo wrote:
<quoted text>
First house rented for a third more. lol
Good for you, Lolo. I've got to discuss raising the rent again too, we've really held back for a few years now, only raising it to meet the taxes. Pretty soon, something gotta give, and I'd hate to lose good tenants. Bulk pickup will take carpet, but I'd put it out one bundle at a time so they don't get mad at you and stop picking up. Carpet is very heavy and hard to handle. It also is prone to jamming the truck's hydraulics. I've driven that same type of truck before, they can be jammed, and when they do, it can be hell clearing it. LOL, They are strong, but so is carpetor cloth. It doesn't pack well either, just keep that in mind and don't overdo it.

Joe Balls

Location hidden

#54992 Mar 8, 2013
leeward lolo wrote:
<quoted text>
I let tenants use some vacant land for a funeral
LOL, Just be careful to not till too deep, you might dig him up! Adding some bone meal and nitrogen to the soil, are you?

Joe Balls

Location hidden

#54993 Mar 8, 2013
leeward lolo wrote:
I'd like to cover fifty acres with carpet, just to see what it would look like. You could donate it to the "occupy" People, they don't mind fleas and ticks.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#54994 Mar 8, 2013
Joe Balls wrote:
<quoted text> Good for you, Lolo. I've got to discuss raising the rent again too, we've really held back for a few years now, only raising it to meet the taxes. Pretty soon, something gotta give, and I'd hate to lose good tenants. Bulk pickup will take carpet, but I'd put it out one bundle at a time so they don't get mad at you and stop picking up. Carpet is very heavy and hard to handle. It also is prone to jamming the truck's hydraulics. I've driven that same type of truck before, they can be jammed, and when they do, it can be hell clearing it. LOL, They are strong, but so is carpetor cloth. It doesn't pack well either, just keep that in mind and don't overdo it.
hey you guys...check this out: I now when they sign the lease I make them agree and have them sign a document that they will do an electronic transfer from their account to my bank on the 1st of the month. It is automatic and is part of the lease. Then I check it on-line the next day and there it is. This eliminates the "rent is in the mail " problem and will use it from now on. Rent shows up like clockwork. No problems. You can be your own manager this way for a big savings.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#54995 Mar 8, 2013
lol...this is how the weak-kneed cowardly democrats act with obama...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22900...
To AI crying is laughing

Mililani, HI

#54996 Mar 8, 2013
Guru wrote:
lol...this is how the weak-kneed cowardly democrats act with obama...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22900...
Keep it up and Obama will drone your house.
leeward lolo

Kahuku, HI

#54997 Mar 8, 2013
Guru wrote:
<quoted text>
hey you guys...check this out: I now when they sign the lease I make them agree and have them sign a document that they will do an electronic transfer from their account to my bank on the 1st of the month. It is automatic and is part of the lease. Then I check it on-line the next day and there it is. This eliminates the "rent is in the mail " problem and will use it from now on. Rent shows up like clockwork. No problems. You can be your own manager this way for a big savings.
From their WHAT to my bank??????????
JOKE OF THE YEAR THIS. lololol
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#54998 Mar 8, 2013
To AI crying is laughing wrote:
<quoted text>Keep it up and Obama will drone your house.
One of my companies makes the drones.

Joe Balls

Location hidden

#55000 Mar 8, 2013
Guru wrote:
<quoted text>
Good idea. I had a rent check go missing one time, and it caused some hard feelings between me and aatenant. The tenant had to pay me cash, buy didn't like it one bit. I received the mail with the check in it two YEARS later, I guess it took a trip around the world. I never told him about it because I didn't want to stir up old feelings.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#55001 Mar 8, 2013
Joe Balls wrote:
<quoted text> Good idea. I had a rent check go missing one time, and it caused some hard feelings between me and aatenant. The tenant had to pay me cash, buy didn't like it one bit. I received the mail with the check in it two YEARS later, I guess it took a trip around the world. I never told him about it because I didn't want to stir up old feelings.
...interesting. This way it is there, if it isn't, Tweet them, and check the next day. It is automatic. It works great! Just get it in writing that that is the way it is for this property, and call it something stupid...like it is "green"- saves paper. That way it is justified and legitimate. No other options. You can't do it after they are in the property unless they sign it, but they can refuse too, and you have no legal rights- at least here. But going in, getting in the lease, in writing, you are covered. It also takes the BS outta their story. No more "the mailman lost it" stories or "I don't know what happened...I mailed it last week". Works great!
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#55002 Mar 9, 2013
LAKERS! GREAT game! Kobe is incredible.
Stumpy

Mesa, AZ

#55003 Mar 9, 2013
Tronto is barely avoiding last place you dork sucker. Wait until the strict salary cap happens . Your Lakers will be giving head on the Backstage Lakers Show to pay the luxury tax.
Geronimo

Canyon Country, CA

#55004 Mar 9, 2013
Stumpy wrote:
Tronto is barely avoiding last place you dork sucker. Wait until the strict salary cap happens . Your Lakers will be giving head on the Backstage Lakers Show to pay the luxury tax.
...yeah, and they might join you sukking the elephants coc at the zoo.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#55005 Mar 9, 2013
lol!

Subject: Biden may be interim president by end of 2013...

This sheds light on why Eric Holder remains as AG of the US. Regardless of the outcome. Holder will protect the "O".

Subject: Biden may be interim president by end of 2013.

VERY QUIETLY OBAMA'S CITIZENSHIP CASE REACHES THE SUPREME COURT AP - WASHINGTON D.C.

In a move certain to fuel the debate over Obama's qualifications for the presidency, the group "Americans for Freedom of Information" has Released copies of President Obama's college transcripts from Occidental College ... Released today, the transcript school indicates that Obama, under the name Barry Soetoro, received financial aid as a foreign student from Indonesia as an undergraduate. The transcript was released by Occidental College in compliance with a court order in a suit brought by the group in the Superior Court of California. The transcript shows that Obama (Soetoro) applied for financial aid and was awarded a fellowship for foreign students from the Fulbright Foundation Scholarship program. To qualify, for the scholarship, a student must claim foreign citizenship.

This document would seem to provide the smoking gun that many of Obama's detractors have been seeking. Along with the evidence that he was first born in Kenya and there is no record of him ever applying for US citizenship, this is looking pretty grim. The news has created a firestorm at the White House as the release casts increasing doubt about Obama's legitimacy and qualification to serve as President article titled, "Obama Eligibility Questioned," leading some to speculate that the story may overshadow economic issues on Obama's first official visit to the U.K. In a related matter, under growing pressure from several groups, Justice Antonin Scalia announced that the Supreme Court agreed on Tuesday to hear arguments concerning Obama's legal eligibility to serve as President in a case brought by Leo Donofrio of New Jersey . This lawsuit claims Obama's dual citizenship disqualified him from serving as president.. Donofrio's case is just one of 18 suits brought by citizens demanding proof of Obama's citizenship or qualification to serve as president.

Gary Kreep of the United States Justice Foundation has released the results of their investigation of Obama's campaign spending. This study estimates that Obama has spent upwards of $950,000 in campaign funds in the past year with eleven law firms in 12 states for legal resources to block disclosure of any of his personal records. Mr. Kreep indicated that the investigation is still ongoing but that the final report will be provided to the U.S. Attorney general, Eric Holder. Mr. Holder has refused to comment on the matter...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waipahu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Muslim World is Broken (Sep '15) 30 min LAVON AFFAIR 784
News Witness recounts grim execution-style slaying -... (Oct '09) 56 min Kamehameha the mahu 22
Leave Dolphins Alone 1 hr Joe Balls 3
Add A Word, Drop, Drop A Word (May '11) 1 hr Princess Hey 446
Mr. President, Donald Trump (Aug '15) 1 hr Vlad da Impaler 1,793
add a word/drop a word and 'stuff' (Nov '16) 1 hr Princess Hey 507
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 5 hr Princess Hey 4,295

Waipahu Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Waipahu Mortgages